Anybody else feel like Endurance got a passive nerf?

Ariben
95 posts Member
Damage immunity was removed and replaced with protection up and since the battle starts 3v3, he doesn't get to use it because it still has a 15 turn cooldown.

@Woodroward , I know you also run Mace in fleet arena. Are you still planning to use Endurance?

Endurance needed a buff, if anything.

Replies

• Ariben
    95 posts Member
    Since it is unlikely that he will uncork his ultimate, that makes it a passive nerf. Since the ultimate has been changed from damage immunity to protection up, that might make it qualify as an actual nerf. For a capital ship where the consensus was that it was the least powerful capital ship, this is really surprising to me.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    I agree. Mace was my favorite lead and now he's garbage. They didn't update the abilities to match the lower ship count, so Valor isn't enough for him to keep up anymore, the aoe doesn't cool down quickly anymore due to fewer targets, and the invincible buff was completely nerfed, not that you'll ever get to it anyway with the changes.
  • XKurareX
    478 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Way too slow and the mechanic update slows him even more now. Mace relied on speed, as literally all his special and basic next to the taunt buff are total kittens. I doubt Mace will ever see the full buff - unless the other team is not good. People told this before release, similar to Sith Raid its unfinished. I guess soon we can buy some new capitals for $$...
    I suppose its okay for them Master Windu being crap in Arena, Raids and now also as capital :smiley:

Usually the system is like the worst weapons at least shoot first...but he is last, stays last and has even kitten weapons.
    Post edited by crzydroid on
  • XKurareX
    478 posts Member
    His leaderbuff got even nerfed - now you only get revenge buff and no more the 50% attack power. Tarkin now stuns all TL'd ships which means game over - i see zero balance. Its a total nerf to Mace Windu guess he seriously needs a rework from the rework. As I told already to the famous Sith raid - test your stuff.

Thumbs down for him
  • Also imperial tie never dodges now and executrix ult is a wet noodle (or was I just extremely unlucky that all the 12 hits went to just one enemy, leaving the other 2 completely untouched)
  • XKurareX
    478 posts Member
    Just calculated Mace Windu's ultimate...max level 150% protection up

Many ships have 20k upto 40k protection just, so you get 30k up to 60k - thats a blatant joke for an ultimate. Do you really test your stuff at all? Do you understand how long it needs for Mace to even reach that ultimate and than you give them not even the damage up he had long ago together with total immunity as counter to tie storm which now stuns...seriously test your stuff
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Also imperial tie never dodges now

They reduced the dodge rate by about 20%. Something like 45% before, 25% now.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I think he grants retribution also, and the GR ships all seem like they recieved a huge buff. Have you tried using them with the Republic ships instead of trying to force Tie Fighters into everything? I dont have ut in front of me but pretty sure Clone Sarge has far more than 60k protection.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    His ultimate looks better now (I never thought one turn of damage immunity was worth much), but it seems much harder to reach now with only three ships to get valor on at the start.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    How many turns does the protection up last? Because that sounds like an improvement over the one turn damage immunity. It seemed completely useless to me in the Mace fleet mastery challenge, because all my ships would go and lose it before any enemy--fighter or capital--ever got a chance to attack.
  • Ariben
    95 posts Member
    2 turns. The problem is that you'll never get to use it.

It used to be good to dodge other ultimates. (At least on offense; AI didn't use it properly.)
  • Ariben
    95 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    His ultimate looks better now (I never thought one turn of damage immunity was worth much), but it seems much harder to reach now with only three ships to get valor on at the start.

The problem, as noted above, is that it doesn't amount to a lot of protection.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Its been a while since I looked. Is protection up % calculated off of protection or health? I thought one of them was health?

Edit - looked it up and protection up % is based off of Health, not protection. So its a minimum 90k-110k + prot buff for 2 turns. Except in very limited circumstances where some can burn through 220k EHP in one turn, this is a buff.

Not sure about the Valor thing, but the 2 turn protection up is a buff it appears.
    Post edited by VonZant on
  • The valor is fine, he can get it off as often as chimera uses his ultimate. The problem is that the republic ships all have horrible offense until the get their omega. Only then can ahsoka ot gives really hit that hard anymore
  • matsan
    13 posts Member
    I want Damage immunity back. This was the reason to farm Mace Windu and Endurance in the first place. Or change Ultimate ability to all Capital ships. Or else, hey you devs, kiss my money good bye ("Death on Two Legs" - Queen).