Why does editing my posts make them disappear and need approval?

gufu21
335 posts Member
Can a mod, say @Kyno or @CoastalJames, tell me why this happens?

I make a post (it's happened to both new discussion and replies), and then I spot an error like a typo or missing punctuation. So then naturally I go to edit it, add my missing comma or whatever, and then hit save. Then I'm told that my discussion or comment is gone until it's approved. And I don't think I've ever seen my post, no matter how innocuous, come back again after that.

Why does this happen at all? Sometimes I can edit five times and it's fine. Sometimes it happens after the third edit. It happened a minute ago after a single edit involving one single change. WHY?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    It sees an edit as a new post, so multiple posts are seen when you jump in to edit a newly created post.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Its back
  • gufu21
    335 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    It sees an edit as a new post, so multiple posts are seen when you jump in to edit a newly created post.

Thanks a bunch for your response! So I suppose this is a feature designed to prevent multiple spam posts by flagging when someone makes a bunch of posts within a few seconds?
  • Thanks for the message @gufu21 - I'm glad Kyno could explain it to you, because I wouldn't have been able to!

Best regards and have a good day.

James