Great work devs!

Prev1
Loose_Lee
2733 posts Member
It has been a long time since I've commented on the forum. But after seeing these updates to ships & QOL changes i must say that y'all have done an excellent job.

No there's always gonna be haters so don't let that negativity affect you. As a player since game launch I'm happy to see these long awaited improvements and here's too many more... keep up the great work!

Replies

• Rogee
    178 posts Member
    I'm also enjoying the ship update :)
  • I really like this changes too! Good job team!
  • More accurate thread title: "3 CG developers make forum posts" lol
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    It's amazing how you have to hate the game you play all the time or you're a CG employee.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Eutus
    232 posts Member
    The quests and titles are cool, but i feel like going to loose my ship arena match is more tedious now. This 3 vs 5 everytime kinda sucks.
  • I don't like the new ship format. I invested in seven ships and it took a lot of time. Now I can only use five for a battle. I won't be able to use the extra two again until I open up two more reserved slots, which is going to take a lot more time. I'm wondering if it's worth it to even invest the time in that because they could just change the format once again. This change makes me angry. I definitely do not like it at all.
  • They just had to go and ruin the millennium falcons abilities, thrust reversal completely useless now, and the AoE does almost no damage anymore; might as well not play ships until they fix the ships.
  • They just had to go and ruin the millennium falcons abilities, thrust reversal completely useless now, and the AoE does almost no damage anymore; might as well not play ships until they fix the ships.

Lol I farmed both that and Reaper all the way to 7 and now they're both effing pointless
  • Jaxxon
    10 posts Member
    Other than raid tickets being screwed up. UGH
  • Scorchy
    69 posts Member
    Tie reaper and falcon we're both end game ships that took months to farm! They didn't even become farmable until what? October? Now people should be getting the finishing touches on them if not already be done and now they are worthless. Like wow thanks for wasting thousands of units of energy I could have used on other characters or gear pieces. Such a shame their only purpose is to look like a trophy in a pointless platoon.
  • Well I have to say I'm on the same boat with the reaper, I got my DT to g12, I was spending 50 crystals each day to do twice the battles on shore and I was literally half way into the 7th star and now I don't know if it's even worth all that
  • You're part of the problem with this community. We all liked the update but can't say it's perfect. They touched plenty of stuff so of course it can't possibly be ALL good. I personally enjoy almost all of the update but I can't say the same for ships and quests not being simmed. Your possition seems biased if you don't think these are problems.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    You're part of the problem with this community. We all liked the update but can't say it's perfect. They touched plenty of stuff so of course it can't possibly be ALL good. I personally enjoy almost all of the update but I can't say the same for ships and quests not being simmed. Your possition seems biased if you don't think these are problems.

whut?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Really don't like ships. The only part of the game where speed mods were not an issue. Now it feels like a chore.
  • The new ship arena sucks! Way to break something that wasn’t broken. Ability upgrades are nice, but totally not liking the new combat, and I used to highly enjoy ship arena.
  • OrpheusRobot
    238 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I'd like you all to take a moment of silence and remember all those that have beeen kicked out of a guild for accidentally posting PIT damage. Thank you for that... two years later. :D

Hashtag bronziums slider/simming in 5 years
  • Im loving the new ships combat. I think it is much more fast paced and exciting.
  • Scorchy wrote: »
    Tie reaper and falcon we're both end game ships that took months to farm! They didn't even become farmable until what? October? Now people should be getting the finishing touches on them if not already be done and now they are worthless. Like wow thanks for wasting thousands of units of energy I could have used on other characters or gear pieces. Such a shame their only purpose is to look like a trophy in a pointless platoon.

Falcon was always pointless, it had no place in the meta and there was only one meta.

Reaper was widely accepted to be OP. It's not useless now, it's still a strong contender for a reinforcement.

Ships WERE broken, a brief read over the forums reveals that. Most players logging in to do one battle a day and cashing out. Stale meta which was largely dependent on RNG. Something needed to be done. Whether this is an improvement remains to be seen but I think so - Tarkin and ackbar seem like stronger ships now.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Great update. Thanks
  • btd7001
    54 posts Member
    Love all the updates.... except for Ships, which is what I was most excited about. It's not quicker, the Cap Ships specials are just as effective & they didn't fix the biggest issues imo, which they'll likely deny anyways: target lock % is higher for Defense & the ships on Defense do more damage & go first a vast majority of the time. How about some transparency for what effects ships speed like with Arena? Speed is just way too important in every aspect of this game imo.
  • btd7001 wrote: »
    Love all the updates.... except for Ships, which is what I was most excited about. It's not quicker, the Cap Ships specials are just as effective & they didn't fix the biggest issues imo, which they'll likely deny anyways: target lock % is higher for Defense & the ships on Defense do more damage & go first a vast majority of the time. How about some transparency for what effects ships speed like with Arena? Speed is just way too important in every aspect of this game imo.

Crew power. Their TFP is faster than yours? Their TFP just has higher crew power (whether gear, mods, stars, level, etc)
  • Now_Regulate
    14 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Ya kiss some more ****, u might get some free crystals! Cause of this and other "****" - they are getting run over by other comepetitors, even though they have one of the strongest franchises behind them - somehow they keep messing it up! I inderstand that we (humans) are by nature repolsed by the change, but there were so many other things that needed to be addressed before fleet, dont even get me started... good luck CG, the future looks bright!
  • btd7001
    54 posts Member
    That's what I thought at first too, but sometimes I'll go first against the exact same team that went first before & I've looked at the gear, mods, star, level, etc of my opponents before & they're not better... far inferior in a lot of cases & they'll still go first. Just seems random.
  • All in all, desparation to get few more coins oit of people.... somehow they'll manage to mess up prob one of the greatest franchises ever! CG the best!!!
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I remember the good old days of May 4th when people complained like crazy about the "lame" bonuses and how last year it was so much better (untrue but that doesn't stop people). And here we are three weeks later on the cusp of three glorious days of global double drops (including GW after they realized it really should be included)...and where are those people now? Saying great job or thanks or anything? Nope, they're hiding, as usual when anything good happens. It must be hard to be so grouchy all the time.

Great work devs!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ya kiss some more ****, u might get some free crystals! Cause of this and other "****" - they are getting run over by other comepetitors, even though they have one of the strongest franchises behind them - somehow they keep messing it up! I inderstand that we (humans) are by nature repolsed by the change, but there were so many other things that needed to be addressed before fleet, dont even get me started... good luck CG, the future looks bright!

Maybe grow up a bit?
  • All is for the best in the best of all possible worlds.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    I remember the good old days of May 4th when people complained like crazy about the "lame" bonuses and how last year it was so much better (untrue but that doesn't stop people). And here we are three weeks later on the cusp of three glorious days of global double drops (including GW after they realized it really should be included)...and where are those people now? Saying great job or thanks or anything? Nope, they're hiding, as usual when anything good happens. It must be hard to be so grouchy all the time.

Great work devs!

hiding in plain sight, complaining about the quests and fleet changes. =D
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • FailingCrab
    1155 posts Member
    Ya kiss some more ****, u might get some free crystals! Cause of this and other "****" - they are getting run over by other comepetitors, even though they have one of the strongest franchises behind them - somehow they keep messing it up! I inderstand that we (humans) are by nature repolsed by the change, but there were so many other things that needed to be addressed before fleet, dont even get me started... good luck CG, the future looks bright!

This is one of the most successful mobile games out there, its not getting 'run over' and nor should it - in my experience this is one of the best and most fun games I've played in a long time. Even when I'm frustrated I'm hooked.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Rogee
    178 posts Member
    Kiromir wrote: »
    I don't like the new ship format. I invested in seven ships and it took a lot of time.

Only 7 ships?