What's the droprate on reinforcement mats?

Replies

• 9 from 50
  • Fanatic
    415 posts Member
    What they said, maine! You let it build up organically then throw your refreshes on top of it. I'll wind up missing out on one day's worth of organic energy, which is half of a refresh if you are counting. I'm currently at 731 Cantina Energy, so I won't get to the 1000 mark but I'll be close. And all from stacking refreshes for 25 hours.

I should add that before saving energy for both LS/DS battles and Cantina I made sure to get my 600 tickets in last night, and then for dailies I did the cheapest nodes possible for 3 hits. Nothing more.

5 cantina energy/hour at 24 hours = 120 energy per day, organically. That is a full refresh worth, not a half refresh.

45 cantina energy effectively doubled to 90 for double drops is less than the 120 lost from having your energy full.

Assuming a 10 energy node, that's effectively 12 chances at a character shard lost to gain 9 chances at a character shard.

What am I missing that you aren't better off spending that 120 energy instead of losing it?

Any energy you have before May 25th that will put you in excess of 144 should be spent.
  • TVF
    36523 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

I haven't spent brainpower to do the math, but it seems like the gain you would get from collecting 45 energy a day would be cancelled out by extra 5 energy you get every hour....I'd ask why you aren't using Cantina energy.

What they said, maine!

Please, I'm at least a Connecticut, if not a New Jersey.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Stud3099
    601 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Fanatic wrote: »
    What they said, maine! You let it build up organically then throw your refreshes on top of it. I'll wind up missing out on one day's worth of organic energy, which is half of a refresh if you are counting. I'm currently at 731 Cantina Energy, so I won't get to the 1000 mark but I'll be close. And all from stacking refreshes for 25 hours.

I should add that before saving energy for both LS/DS battles and Cantina I made sure to get my 600 tickets in last night, and then for dailies I did the cheapest nodes possible for 3 hits. Nothing more.

5 cantina energy/hour at 24 hours = 120 energy per day, organically. That is a full refresh worth, not a half refresh.

45 cantina energy effectively doubled to 90 for double drops is less than the 120 lost from having your energy full.

Assuming a 10 energy node, that's effectively 12 chances at a character shard lost to gain 9 chances at a character shard.

What am I missing that you aren't better off spending that 120 energy instead of losing it?

Any energy you have before May 25th that will put you in excess of 144 should be spent.

Here's my quick and dirty math

e5eoxtbt46a9.png

In summary, the shards obtained from hoarding is expected to be higher than not hoarding and just doing your usual farming. This does not hold if you aren't using crystals to refresh.
    Post edited by Stud3099 on
  • DuneFlint
    648 posts Member
    4 out of 32sims. I'm not spending anymore energy on that, even though I'm in between cantina farms.
  • 0 out of 32 - I'm done.

I really do find toon shards to stick close to that 33% or over - I've measured short spurts and I've gotten closer to 40% - I'm never dissapointed (or maybe toon shard RNG likes me)

But, sorry, I can't handle 0/32. We're not @ 7pcs of Carbanti from Challenge yet.. but I guess I'll just wait for the ship PVE *shrugs*
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Roopehun
    344 posts Member
    1 / 16, this is nonsense, ill stop farming this and wait for ships table in June.
  • Stokat
    823 posts Member
    I got 1 from approx 25 battles (spent about 300 cantina energy).
  • Fanatic wrote: »

You are correct. I was basing that off a previous comment and didn't calculate properly, but that does not change it.

What you are missing is that while I may sacrifice 125 in Cantina energy over the course of one 25 hour period, by doing so I am able to save the refreshes that I purchased to double their value during double drops.

I can explain it well but I am short on time. Perhaps someone else can fill you in on why it is better to hoard.
  • Scorchy
    69 posts Member
    4 from 38 sims
  • Fanatic
    415 posts Member
    Stud3099 wrote: »
    Here's my quick and dirty math

e5eoxtbt46a9.png

In summary, the shards obtained from hoarding is expected to be higher than not hoarding and just doing your usual farming. This does not hold if you aren't using crystals to refresh.

Let me see if I understand your chart:
    Hoarding -
    144 stored up + 45 + 45 for two days of bonus energy = 234 saved up.
    Midnight of the 25th you spend that, spend 360 from refreshes. Total 594. (Effectively 1188 because of doubling).

And a slight adaptation to your non-hoarding. You should actual hoard most of the energy on day 2. Just not on day 1.
    Day 1 360 (refreshes) + 165 normal growth plus bonus energy. Total 525.
    Day 2 spend 21 energy, store remaining 144 from normal growth and bonus. Midnight rolls over spend 144 + 360 in refreshes, which double is effective 1008 + the 21 we spent at the start of the day = 1029.
    Combined total of day 1 and day 2 = 1554 - almost 50% more than hoarding for those two days.

In both scenarios event days 1, 2, 3 are all the same:
    Spend 360 refreshes + 165 normal growth + bonus energy. These are equal to each other in both scenarios.
  • I am 0/1 so far. But I am 1/1 on shards!

I never did farm Barriss, so I am willing to take one for the team, stop my Paploo farm, and spend all my NRG on Barriss. Hopefully I don't lose count along the way.
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    Remember it’s really low comparing to shards, I got 4 from 20 and 6 from 13.
  • SithAmer
    227 posts Member
    Horrible drop rates. 2 out of 20 sims
  • I've only gotten 3. One before the double, and 2 after the double after about 450 cantina energy. Not gonna bother anymore. Goodbye ships.
  • Shaeis
    182 posts Member
    I got a solid 30% under double drop.
    I got 38 reinforcement material for 123 run.

I expect to have a total of 100 reinforcement material by the end of the double drop (including the 50 they give us)
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    Shaeis wrote: »

I expect to have a total of 100 reinforcement material by the end of the double drop (including the 50 they give us)

That's not a 30% droprate. That's slightly over 10% droprate (19/123). Double drops is simply that: every time you'd normally get 1, you now get 2.

With the new data coming in it seems like it's slightly higher than 10%, but no more than 15%.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Just got 28 Veteran Chewie fragments. Better to keep doing that rather than waste cantina energy on this.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    KKatarn wrote: »
    Just got 28 Veteran Chewie fragments. Better to keep doing that rather than waste cantina energy on this.

If you don't have the vets ready yet, this is the best use of the double drops. You never know when the next event hits.
  • Shaeis
    182 posts Member
    Acrofales wrote: »
    Shaeis wrote: »

That's not a 30% droprate. That's slightly over 10% droprate (19/123). Double drops is simply that: every time you'd normally get 1, you now get 2.

With the new data coming in it seems like it's slightly higher than 10%, but no more than 15%.

It's 15% not 10% in my case ;-)

It's not enough run to have certainty on the real droprate and maybe I am just lucky, but you definitely can't say it's 10% either based on several 10-20 bad draw people report here.
    We need big number, during several days from several sources
  • I got 14 from 71 sims, as well as 38 shards for barriss.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    14 from 67. Double drops are always the worst.
    And 2 from 12 for sith marauder. I usually was getting 5-8 out of 12 for him before double drop.
    Hahahah I love this game!!!!!
    Sucker born everyday lol.
  • Randocalrissian
    572 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Farm the wheel chair scoundrels or mods, the drop rate is awful
  • 32 from 130... During double drops....

I think drop rate is close to 10% so one Mat per 120 energy spent.

Still its not horrid considering you only need 100 mats to fully max out a reinforcement. What would annoy me now is if they make them easier to get.

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Vice_torn wrote: »
    32 from 130... During double drops....

I think drop rate is close to 10% so one Mat per 120 energy spent.

Still its not horrid considering you only need 100 mats to fully max out a reinforcement. What would annoy me now is if they make them easier to get.

They will. At least in the sense that it won't require cantina energy, currently one of the most valuable resources. It all depends on what the ship PvE will look like.
  • Flugsvamp
    180 posts Member
    3 out of 32, I'm done with that
  • 71 tries 22 mats. So it means actually 11/71 for me. Its just what I expected from CG welldone.
  • Perdogie
    130 posts Member
    1/13
  • The reinforcement mat drop rate is actually completely expected and in line with the CG MO. Didn’t you guys realize there’s a pack in the store for $35 to purchase 75 of them? They never make something realistically farmable when they clearly want you to buy it. Just another cash grab. Same as always, nothing to see here. Move along
  • Still farming them and not buying BTW because I’ve got nothing else to spend my Cantina energy on. I guess I could do mods, but TBH the drop rate there is no better. This game hasn’t earned any more of my $ either so still not spending