Rebel training T3

Replies

• Damian_B wrote: »
    Why do I get to I can only target the already stunned st

Is it taunting? You have to clear it with CLS.
    Tried that. I get to that point n the st is all I can target with any toon. Then 1 shot all characters till fail
    Damian_B wrote: »

Tried that. I get to that point n the st is all I can target with any toon. Then 1 shot all characters till fail

Well, without a screenshot I can't tell you why.

F it. I’d rather rewatch last Jedi than play this
  • Corpus
    71 posts Member
    Dryff wrote: »
    Yeah, I beat this event on the first try. Really not THAT difficult if you know how to use these characters. Lost Old Ben and CLS. Attack with Leia first (smoke screen before you use her stealth ability), TM and offense reduce with Old Ben, and just keep Vader and Palp stunned.

I have to say my experience was the same. First try win, though came in expecting to lose. Stun EP, kill/Stun Thrawn. Have Leia attack right away and R2 Burn or Stun. Obi Wan ability blocks first then Taunts. Don't reuse CLS Call to Action if you have to worry about Taunts.

Only lost Obi Wan. Prioritized damage on Thrawn/EP. I hit others only when I could stun, wanted to reduce high turn meter, or was forced to on Storm Trooper taunt.

Thank you for a fun challenging event that had me questioning every decision before I committed and had me wondering if it was the right one after :)

Very Enjoyable. Working on Empire event and looking forward to 48 hrs from now and being able to complete it.

There could be a taunt hidden behind buffs/debuffs, which is why I said without a screenshot, I couldn't tell you why you were locked onto hitting only one character.

There could be a taunt hidden behind buffs/debuffs, which is why I said without a screenshot, I couldn't tell you why you were locked onto hitting only one character.

Don’t kno but it’s the same every time. Get maybe 2 cycles through and I lock on st for the rest until fail no matter who or what I use
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Use Luke "jedi" to clear the taunt from the stormtroper.

Like people say you need to keep everyone with stun or speed down. and also use Luke and Ben to reduce turn meter.
  • Wait a sec. Its on cooldown for me! How did you all get to play already?
  • Did it by following the advice here.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Wait a sec. Its on cooldown for me! How did you all get to play already?

it's 1 attempt a day, we just happened to clear it after the update, but before the daily reset.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    Everyone alive. Thanks!
    Took me a few tries but eventually figured it out. I stopped spamming smokescreen and used R2's basic almost exclusively. This is all about control via stun and TM reduction. Your goal is to keep 1) either stormtrooper from taunting; 2) Palpatine and Thrawn from attacking ... at all; and 3) Vader from using culling blade. You can mostly ignore the TFP. Leia is your primary attacker. Use her special every time it comes around and otherwise work down the list of attacker threat. Do not use Luke or Han that way. Han's job is to spread stun around and use his basic to drop turn meter on anyone getting too close. Luke uses his special to kill TM and put buff imunity on the Stormtroopers. Spread around his basic to get defense down and then stun on everyone. R2 is there to pass out stuns with his basic. Ben is imperrative for an opening mind trick, then he's a fifth wheel. It will take forever, but if you whittle them down slowly and focus more on halting their assault, it's a straightforward match.

The best way to do it. Remove turn meter whenever possible from the big three. Emperor got off one attack, Thrawn zero, Vader zero. Everyone alive at the end with protection left except R2 who had basically full health at least.
  • CamaroAMF
    1279 posts Member
    It was important for me to keep Old Ben alive so I never used his taunt. Want him to use his ability block special as often as possible. Spam R2’s basic to keep Thrawn, Vader, and EP stunned. Same thing with Han’s special. Use Smokescreen on CLS.

Take your time. First attempt I tried focusing down EP and failed miserably. Second time I didn’t try focusing down any particular toon, just kept spreading stuns out. It was slow going but I ended up winning without losing anyone.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I finally managed to beat it after 5-10 attempts.

The key was to always stun the stroomtroopers and eventually stun the others as well
  • FailingCrab
    1155 posts Member
    Here's my two cents, hopefully it comes in helpful.

I think I probably had a bit of an advantage here because I don't use any of these toons so I wasn't expecting them to work a certain way, I just used them as they are.

I don't think this event is OP at all, it just needs a different kind of playstyle from what we're used to. I did it first time with all 5 toons standing and only OB lost protection. I'm sure RNG played a role but also you need to play smart. I did this several hours ago now and didn't register it as particularly difficult so I can't remember exactly how it went down but these are the principles I used:

Focusing an enemy down doesn't work because there are too many other threats on the battlefield. I knew that if thrawn, Palp or Vader got to use a special then it was probably gg. Look at the tools at your disposal:

CLS has TM reduction, buff immunity and stun
    Han has TM reduction and stun
    Leia has stealth to stay out of the way
    R2 has stun and if needed can also stealth.
    OB has ability block.

That's a whole load of crowd control there. Rather than focusing anyone down, I used the combinations of stun/TM reduction to keep Vader, EP and Thrawn locked down - EP didn't take a turn and Thrawn used his only turn to use the TM swap ability. Vader did manage to get off a couple turns but I remember he used culling blade on OB because he was the only one not in stealth, and OB took it like a champ. I think Vader might have had offence down at that point.
    The other main priority is to either use CLS to dispel taunt or prevent the troopers from getting taunt in the first place. I mostly did this with buff immunity but would occasionally prioritise stunning one of them over hitting one of the big 3.
    You also need to time the specials - eg there's no point using ability block on a stunned character and it's not really necessary to stun an ability blocked character or one who has a special on cool down.

It's not 'a particular combination of button presses', it requires careful examination of the kit for each character and the ability to adapt to changes on the battlefield such as a stun not landing etc.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    First try, got destroyed. I was a little disappointed, but tried it again and focused on Vader, because he destroyed me towards the end. It was a little rough second try, but I won with han and Leia left. I see where the anger is coming from though.
  • MajesticMoose41
    247 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    once you do the stun strategy it became easy. i only lost old ben. got spread out the stuns. stun with raid han, r2 and cls. i made sure palp never took a turn. thrawn only attacked like once on me.
  • I 2* it on first try the key was not focusing on damage and only focusing on controlling the fight keeping thrawn Vader and ep locked or removing tm as often as possible and they slowly all die. I lost Ben at the end but rest were full prot .
  • I found it fun and challenging. It took me two tries to get the hang of it and then I beat it back to back on my main and alt. Because all the units are the same for everyone, and several have beaten it, this is unfortunately a case of revising your strategy and being careful. It's not a brute force exercise in RNG like trying to beat some of the mythics when you have undergeared characters. CG gave you characters capable of beating it, so this really is just a case of 'get gud bruh.'

MDHWvQ5.gif
    #ProRebelTactics
  • Stud3099 wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    spread stuns

This. It's not that difficult of an event with a little strategy. I stunned Vader first with Han's opening shot and then started spreading stuns from there. If a stormtrooper taunts, use CLS to remove the taunt. Try to keep Thrawn, Vader, and EP stunned as much as possible.
    Stud3099 wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    spread stuns

This. It's not that difficult of an event with a little strategy. I stunned Vader first with Han's opening shot and then started spreading stuns from there. If a stormtrooper taunts, use CLS to remove the taunt. Try to keep Thrawn, Vader, and EP stunned as much as possible.

Stunning Vader first did it for me, not sure why, because he didn’t really stay stunned very long but that was enough to tip the balance in my favor.

• I also found stunning Vader first was the key. He seems to be the hardest hitter with his basic.
  • I don't use any of these toons normally, so like a lot of folks here I was frustrated at first.

Then I figured out the TMR and stuns, and beat it shortly afterwards.

Now the Empire training, that's a joke. I use all those toons daily. The only thing stopping me is the timer.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • I beat it in the 2nd try.. I just kept stormtroopers stunned or ability block to keep taunt away. And use cls to stun the enemies with defense down as much as possible. Took out thrawn, then EP,
  • I wish I videoed my win. Finally got it. It was 90% luck since stuns weren't always working. Stunned Vader first, then Thrawn and then Emperor. If I couldn't stun them , I went for turn meter reduction. Used Ben to block abilities ASAP. Saved Luke's Use The Force to remove the first Stormtrooper Taunt. I finally remembered to use Luke to keep hitting Vader, Thrawn, Palpatine while the second Stormtrooper was Taunting. I used R2's smokescreen once. I may have used Ben's Taunt once. I used Call to Action twice. Once to get it going and a second to heal Luke after he got smacked in the face and was almost one-shot. I'm not sure if it was a wasted turn or not, but I used R2's Improvise everytime it was available, even though flames were still showing on half the opponents.
  • this is literally the **** thing i've ever seen. we have to use the event toons, and they're too weak to take anything out. vader and thrawn literally one-shot kenobi and han.
  • this is literally the **** thing i've ever seen. we have to use the event toons, and they're too weak to take anything out. vader and thrawn literally one-shot kenobi and han.

Everyone is using the exact same characters. Many have completed it. There are excellent strategies presented in this thread.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    this is literally the **** thing i've ever seen. we have to use the event toons, and they're too weak to take anything out. vader and thrawn literally one-shot kenobi and han.

but they're not too weak, others have completed the event with exactly the same toons.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I think I got it because Ben's ability block landed on everyone but one Stormtrooper. I used stun for crowd-control, the Stormtrooper who didn't get ability-blocked taunted and CLS cleared it, and the three big bads were dead by the time the second Stormtrooper taunted.

Could also achieve the staggered taunts by stunning one Stormtrooper but not the other. Or just try to keep them both stunned. Several different ways to go about it. A bit tricky, but very doable.
  • Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    Stun everything as it gets closer to its turn, unless it has ability block. You can actually ignore Vader for quite a bit
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    this is literally the **** thing i've ever seen. we have to use the event toons, and they're too weak to take anything out. vader and thrawn literally one-shot kenobi and han.

No. You just can't go in spamming abilities with no plan in mind.

I did that the first time. Ended up killing Vader and then having Leia and R2 left. Took a few minutes to sort through the logic and realize that I had made terrible choices. Looked at everyone's maxed abilities, planned stuns and turn meter based attacks and ended up with everyone alive at the end and all with protection.

The ENTIRE point of the event is to get you to realize the synergy and planning that goes in to using the rebels given to you.

If it was as easy as you want, you could bring a random mix of anyone with no synergy and win.
This discussion has been closed.