Are you satisfied with the new Ship 2.0 update?

Prev134
Altazar
49 posts Member

Are you satisfied with the new Ship 2.0 update? 160 votes

Yes, absolutely.
22%
NaurosZombie961ImYourHuckleberrysyingMr_Sausagepanetoneswgohfan29Gerban1Iceih_SWGgordonjonesCarSickShoePlooshSpartan549ThaosSkywalkerCahhmaktDanHandsomethewhitegiftRyan495678Degs29darthAmmuz 36 votes
No. It's terrible.
77%
SarcodinoZtyleSlyBeatsfive2zeroValentyneFatzkeBoba_The_FetterJediMindTricksNikoms565NightloresTeiz1973RussianSKStmntguy86jedikilla84JsaucerCIKShockAmomobiChantsNeo2551Th3NameLessBulldog1205 124 votes

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Are you personally doing worse in fleet than you were doing before?
    That question is probably interchangeable with the question in the poll and you'll get the same results.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Bettz
    29 posts Member
    My issue was the lack of communication, and now transparency. A ton of ship abilities, and worse, base stats were dramatically changed. We had become used to how these units played, and now they got a massive shift (most major nerfs) without warning.

In one of the dev interviews with hallface I believe they said none of the changes were that severe...that is simply not the case looking at tfp, reaper, and fotp for example.
  • BAST420
    33 posts Member
    No. It's terrible.
    It's trash!! Really no others words for it, just plain old trash
  • Altazar
    49 posts Member
    No. It's terrible.
    I will agree with majority of this poll. Ships became more difficult in understanding of abilities. 3v3 became much harder if you are batling at top 20 at fleet arena. And the last - everything (stats, tactics and etc) should be reconsidered by players.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Different does not equal broken. Learn, adapt, try something different.

Or, dont. TFP and Reaper are still on 90% of the starting lineups in my shard top 50. Stop complaining and learn to learn.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    That question is probably interchangeable with the question in the poll and you'll get the same results.

I'm doing the same and I'm intrigued but cautious.

It's also only been two days.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    I will say this now that it is here it really is 3v3 and not 5v5 starting at 3v3. I have yet to actually see a battle get to 5v5.

Now as to better or worse it's still too early to say. I'm adapting and still doing well but that's because it will take a bit for the people who weren't using meta fleets that got a huge boost climb to the top so it's still very much wait and see. I am however not pleased by how much the former meta ships (except vader) got nerfed.
  • ScotBott
    166 posts Member
    No. It's terrible.
    Was hitting #1 everyday after working hard and spending money now they just negated all that, this ship Nerf is really really bad...
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Darthpedro wrote: »
    I will say this now that it is here it really is 3v3 and not 5v5 starting at 3v3. I have yet to actually see a battle get to 5v5.

Now as to better or worse it's still too early to say. I'm adapting and still doing well but that's because it will take a bit for the people who weren't using meta fleets that got a huge boost climb to the top so it's still very much wait and see. I am however not pleased by how much the former meta ships (except vader) got nerfed.

Biggs?
  • ScotBott wrote: »
    Was hitting #1 everyday after working hard and spending money now they just negated all that, this ship Nerf is really really bad...

How? If you were running a meta fleet before (and at #1 you probably were), then you've still got the same ships everyone is using now....biggs/vader/tfp/slave1/etc
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Biggs?

True I haven't really noticed a change in biggs
  • Iceih_SWG
    301 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Yes, absolutely.

Biggs?

True I haven't really noticed a change in biggs

No change in his mechanic and reducing the number of starting ships = buff Biggs. Except for that I like the other changes.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    No. It's terrible.
    And yet no one has mentioned you cannot do fleet challenges because a bone head dev forgot to reduce the number of required ships from 6 to 5 . So now I need a 5 star capital ship to earn the shards to make it 5 star. AWSOME JOB ON NOT FOLLING THROUGH. And make ship power mean something rather than a rng trash dump
  • 3pourr2 wrote: »
    And make ship power mean something rather than a rng trash dump

The challenge thing is a real problem (that has several threads about it already - I hope they are working on!), but the above bit is utterly baffling. What is an RNG trash dump?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    3pourr2 wrote: »

What is an RNG trash dump?

fleet arena, duh :p
  • leef wrote: »
    3pourr2 wrote: »

What is an RNG trash dump?

fleet arena, duh :p

Only when you're losing, eh?
    Otherwise WAI!
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    No. It's terrible.
    I thought they wanted to make ships faster, but its so slow now. Also first couple moves are still very important, but with less ships it makes rng even have more impact. Can we revert back to old system please.
  • Degs29
    361 posts Member
    Yes, absolutely.

Which spells out the problem with this "feedback" exactly.
  • No. It's terrible.
    I finally managed to break top 20 before the update and a day after the update I cant even break top 40. If I was losing entirely to strategy I'd be ok with that, but even when my Chimera is faster than an opponents they still get to let off "Strategic Dominance" before I do.
    Fleet arena is basically "Whoever lets off Strategic Dominance or Imperial Assault first wins" and now that is never happening in my favor despite stats. Unless there is another factor that I'm unaware of.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Dhuriya24 wrote: »
    I finally managed to break top 20 before the update and a day after the update I cant even break top 40. If I was losing entirely to strategy I'd be ok with that, but even when my Chimera is faster than an opponents they still get to let off "Strategic Dominance" before I do.
    Fleet arena is basically "Whoever lets off Strategic Dominance or Imperial Assault first wins" and now that is never happening in my favor despite stats. Unless there is another factor that I'm unaware of.

there are ships that can influence the capital ship's TM. For example, ITF gives the ally capital ship 20% TM whenever it evades an attack.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    No. It's terrible.
    Degs29 wrote: »

Except that some of us are doing just as well if not better than before - but still don't enjoy the changes to the way it plays.

I used to have to fight back up from the 30s and 40s to get into the top 10. Since the update I haven't fallen lower than 24. Whether that means my team is that awesome on defense or that people simply aren't playing - I have no idea.

I do know that I don't need to refresh to hit top 10, which is good, because I have no interest in playing ships more than I absolutely feel is necessary since the update.

My feedback is not results based - it's experience based, because some of us actually enjoy playing the game.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Except that some of us are doing just as well if not better than before - but still don't enjoy the changes to the way it plays.

I used to have to fight back up from the 30s and 40s to get into the top 10. Since the update I haven't fallen lower than 24. Whether that means my team is that awesome on defense or that people simply aren't playing - I have no idea.

I do know that I don't need to refresh to hit top 10, which is good, because I have no interest in playing ships more than I absolutely feel is necessary since the update.

So you're saying you've come to realize you actually do like the update? =D
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    No. It's terrible.
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

So you're saying you've come to realize you actually do like the update? =D

Lol. No - because I actually enjoyed playing fleet arena battles before the update. I didn't start playing two and a half years ago to collect pixel prizes. Like most people here, I started (and continue) to play because I wanted to play a Star Wars game with a little thought, strategy that was a fun way to spend time. Ship arena simply isn't as fun to play for me now.

That's part of the point. ;)
    Post edited by Nikoms565 on
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    I like this update. There's more of an element of danger in these fights. Before I knew exactly what was going to happen, now I don't. And I had to think a bit more about which ship to bring in.

And I was finishing first both before and after, so nothing to do with that. I even fell farther today than ever before. That's ok.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    No. It's terrible.
    I like this update. There's more of an element of danger in these fights. Before I knew exactly what was going to happen, now I don't.
    You do realize that this is basically another way of saying "before the was more strategy and now it's more random" right? I guess if "danger" of losing to randomness is your preference, that's cool. To each his own.

I don't recall more randomness being one of CG's goals for ships 2.0 - but I agree, they certainly achieved that. However, I don't believe many people were begging for more rng and less predictability in fleet battles.

I am going to continue to give it a try, as it appears that, for whatever reason, CG has decided to go the "more random danger/less predictable" route with fleet (as opposed to what the majority of players actually asked for). So I guess we're going to be stuck with this terrible unpredictable, rng "danger" -fest for a while.

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    No it doesn't mean it's random, it means I haven't figured out the strategy yet. You also cut out my next sentence, which added strategy and reduced RNG. But that's ok, I know that Ships 2.0 makes you grouchy. You do you.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    dimi4a wrote: »
    No it doesn't mean it's random, it means I haven't figured out the strategy yet. You also cut out my next sentence, which added strategy and reduced RNG. But that's ok, I know that Ships 2.0 makes you grouchy. You do you.

Funny enough ships 2.0 achieved just that - more RNG and less strategy and my 50+ battles and numerous ship combos so far have proven that!

You've done 50+ battles after the update?! Dang!
    my win/loss ratio is 8/2, seems about the same as before. Not for top ranks though, around ~75 orso.