Kit Reveal: Qi'ra

GAWS
3 posts Member
edited May 2018
UNIT NAME: Qi'ra
ALIGNMENT: Light
CATEGORIES: Scoundrel, Support
High-utility Support that uses Preparation, debuffs, and an adaptable Leader ability to overwhelm enemies

5gad0tbt9s9k.gif

ABILITIES:

Basic: DEADLY DOUBLE

ffi20cu8ve6k.gif

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy twice and inflict Offense Down for 2 turns. This attack can't be Countered. If this attack scores a Critical Hit, also Daze them for 1 turn, and if both hits are Critical, deal bonus damage equal to 10% of the target's Max Health.

Special 1: SCATTERING BLAST (Cooldown 3)

0lmko9jp66m0.gif

FINAL TEXT: Dispel all buffs on target enemy, then deal Physical damage to all enemies and Stagger them for 2 turns. This attack deals 25% more damage per buffed enemy.

Prepared: Dispel all enemies and Qi'ra is no longer Prepared.

Special 2: JOINT OPERATION (Cooldown 4)

e9hxcd2q9lf7.gif

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and call another target ally to Assist. If that ally is a Scoundrel, both attacks deal 30% more damage. Each attack has a 50% chance to Expose the target for 2 turns, even if the target Evades.

Prepared: Grant all other Prepared allies Defense Penetration Up for 3 turns and call them to Assist, and Qi'Ra is no longer Prepared.

Leader: TOOLS OF THE TRADE
FINAL TEXT: Scoundrel allies have +20% Critical Chance. In addition, whenever they score a Critical Hit, they recover 10% Protection and gain an additional bonus based on their Role for the rest of the battle.
  • Attacker: +10% Offense (max 3 stacks)
  • Tank: +20% Critical Avoidance (stacking, max 3 stacks)
  • Support or Healer: +20 Speed (stacking, max 3 stacks)

Unique: INSULT TO INJURY
FINAL TEXT: While attacking, Qi'ra has +40% Potency if her target isn't debuffed and +30% Critical Damage if it is. Other Scoundrel allies gain half these benefits while attacking. In addition, at the end of each turn, if any single enemy suffered more than one Critical Hit this turn, Qi'ra gains Preparation, 15% Turn Meter, and Health Steal Up for 1 turn. Each other ally that used an ability this turn also gains Health Steal Up for 1 turn.

Replies

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    I saw the movie last night. Im glad she is here. Very nice kit too.
  • BaseDeltaZero
    59 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Solo movie details mentioned below:
    Would like to have seen more synergy with a certain other character
    Post edited by BaseDeltaZero on
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Shouldn't a link to this be also on the general area?
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited May 2018

@BaseDeltaZero Honestly should delete that. Best not to tempt people. And its such a good suprise too.
  • Riffinator
    2585 posts Member
    With her basic double hit be like Han solo(two seperate hits) or like Sabine(one hit, multiple damages)?
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • VonZant wrote: »

@BaseDeltaZero Honestly should delete that. Best not to tempt people. And its such a good suprise too.

Fixed it.
  • Hurky
    4 posts Member
    Isn’t this in the wrong place?
  • Riffinator wrote: »
    With her basic double hit be like Han solo(two seperate hits) or like Sabine(one hit, multiple damages)?

AhnaldT101 posted a video with gameplay. Looks like one blast, multiple damages.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Quit hiding the numbers and effects. Kit looks interesting.
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Omg a new support and a leader! For scoundrels.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Quit hiding the numbers and effects.

Numbers shown, people complain that damage is terrible (remember the reveal of JTR?)

Numbers not shown, people complain that damage is not shown.

Can't win.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • it would be nice to have some notice about new characters. If we knew that other toons were coming out to make the faction viable, people may be willing to invest and level them.

but unless the faction/toon adds to arena or a raid, hard to invest the gear (or real life cash) for 3 toons that have an unclear role.
  • These scoundrels/ smugglers are getting more interesting. Nice to have someone else with a leadership ability. Maybe our farms of vet smugs aren’t in total vain (besides jtr) just yet.
    interested to see who else comes out of this movie.
    There are a lot of stacking features with these La scoundrels.
  • I think she looks fantastic...great style...that skirt is very cool :smile:

Hope she pans out to be a valuable character in the game.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Hm... how does her basic's double crit %damage effect work against raid bosses? Is it like triggering half an expose?
    Still not a he.
  • I want to start using her and the other new scoundrels but I'm strictly F2P AND I don't want them to be stuck at *3. Do you think they will eventually become farmable?
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    I want to start using her and the other new scoundrels but I'm strictly F2P AND I don't want them to be stuck at *3. Do you think they will eventually become farmable?
    Eventually.

The standard schedule is that in 4-6 weeks from their marquee, they'll be added to shipments, then in another 4-6 weeks, they'll be added to some sort of shop or node.
    Still not a he.
  • IG007
    40 posts Member
    Isn't her tag wrong?
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Well otherwise that would be a big spoiler, right?
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    IG007 wrote: »
    Isn't her tag wrong?
    How do you think she should be tagged?
    Still not a he.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Isn't her tag wrong?
    How do you think she should be tagged?
    "Not Light " ;)
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    "Not Light " ;)
    I don't necessarily agree with that conclusion.

She's on Team Protagonist the whole movie, and it's a scoundrel movie. The line is not clear.
    Except for Han, who has to be pressed into the hero mold. We already have a lot of characters who are on a dubious side. The Nightsisters spend most of their on screen time and energy fighting Dooku, after all, and their Force tradition uses both the dark and light sides of the Force.

While pinning Qi'ra as light side is not the definitive right decision, it's also not the wrong one, and it's a better design decision to put the Solo heroes on the same side so they can be more readily used together for things like hard nodes and territory battles.
    Still not a he.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    I had hoped it was clear I was joking but I added an emoji to make sure...and yet I failed anyway. :(
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Isn't her tag wrong?
    look at her skill, the Qi'ra we get is she's raiding kessel mines with the team. So...we might get another 1 in the future