Further delays to Sith Raid reward improvements

Lost to me in a long week of work and the game changes this week was this announcement by @CG_SBCrumb:

“We are still planning to make some changes to the Sith Raid Rewards in the future, including the introduction of the two additional slots in Gear XII and will be communicating those changes well in advance. The gear changes are currently slated for a few weeks from now, after the dust has settled from TU12. We will keep you posted.”

Timeline:
March 1: Sith raid is released
March 3-4: Reports of incredibly disappointing raid rewards for T1 - T6 start filtering in
March 10 - 17: Forum becomes increasingly toxic as angry players complain bitterly about raid rewards not even remotely matching time investment
March 18: CG senior developers run a previously unprecedented live chat to get player feedback, with pitiful raid rewards (particularly challenge gear inclusion in loot table) leading the complaints.
March 19 - April 10: Continued dialogue about raid rewards, with CG acknowledging the issue and promising to improve things for T1 - T6.
April 12: Complaints begin flooding in as new raid reward structure greatly nerfed gear rewards for T7,and did virtually nothing to improve situation for T1 - T6.
April 18: @CG_Carrie announces raid reward rollback after second intense player revolt in a month, stating:
“We will be revisiting reward changes in May along with Gear XII 5/6 so that we can more effectively balance rewards and progression for the entire player base, but in the meanwhile, we have decided to completely roll back all the changes to the way they were prior to the update on 4/11/18.”

This topic has obviously been beaten to death, but the suggestion that changes to STR rewards might still be weeks away is simply not good enough. Non-heroic guilds are fracturing over this issue - heroic capable players are abandoning their long-time guilds for HSTR-capable guilds, and the simply unfair disparity between T7 and T6 rewards, acknowledged by CG’s own development team, allows the rich to get richer at a pace that is completely imbalancing the game.

“Weeks” is not going to cut it here. The Sith raid, along with the changes to Fleet battles, is the flagship content release of the first half of 2018. It remains a complete mess for the majority of the player base, who are completely disillusioned with the reward:compensation ratio. Fixing T1 - T6 rewards needs to be much more of a priority, and we as players need to keep CG’s feet to the fire on this.

Replies

• +1
  • Indigø
    85 posts Member
    You shut yer mouth! They messed up the rewards once. We don't need that again. Focus on getting to Heroic. The rest are training wheels.
  • Indigø wrote: »
    You shut yer mouth! They messed up the rewards once. We don't need that again. Focus on getting to Heroic. The rest are training wheels.

Not very nice, don’t have to be a Richard about it.....
  • CantWithAU
    158 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Yep, today is a bit busy with releases and tracking down Territory Battle Compensation info. Meeting in the next few days to review further. Expect an update here before EOW

From the thread created by SBCrumb, asking for feedback on the Raid:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1554125/#Comment_1554125

End of Week has been and gone. Made this statement on Tuesday but not met their own stated expectation.
    Great.
  • Dorendalin
    6 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Indigø wrote: »

Getting to heroic for non-established players isn’t an overnight thing. The whole point of lower tiers in previous raids was to help you gear the requisite characters needed to beat the next tier. So Tier 6 rewards should be handing out significant G11 and G12 shards to help players get their characters to the target strength required for T7. Traya shards are the reward for T7, as will be the new G12.5 pieces.
  • Rebmes
    376 posts Member
    I suspect their data tells them everyone participates. It doesn't tell them that this sort of thing makes people want to quit because their time is being wasted, and progression seems out of reach.

If the lower tiers could award some scraps of G12.5, people could feel like they're going toward something...
  • AdlerCl
    47 posts Member
    Indigø wrote: »
    The rest are training wheels.

Nothing could be further from the truth buddy.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    it seems they may be, but they are trying to keep us in the loop. That matters, maybe not as much as the rewards to many but it matters.
  • Dorendalin
    6 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Kyno wrote: »
    it seems they may be, but they are trying to keep us in the loop. That matters, maybe not as much as the rewards to many but it matters.

I do appreciate the improved lines of communication. However, that goodwill only goes so far when the issue continues to plague the game. “Improved communication” can rapidly turn to “lip service”.

I’m also a little concerned that this post was so promptly “buried”in the raid feedback thread. Given that we JUST had an actual feedback thread (with something like 17 pages of comments) left in the general discussion channel, it seems odd that this one gets relegated. I was not commenting on the Sith raid, but instead drawing attention to the recently announced delay to improved raid rewards, which is certainly of general interest and follows from that mega-thread.
  • CantWithAU
    158 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    We were supposed to have received an update by End of Week.
    It's 21:00 in CA now.
    I don't view not hearing anything in their stated timescale, not even something saying "sorry, no news", as being "kept in the loop" or progressive in terms of the communication improvements.
    Certainly not when they created the thread in the first place!
    Failing to meet commitments which they put in place is decidedly poor.
  • Fizix
    127 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    There's little reason for them to delay content that makes them money to fix content that reduces their income.

I just took 3rd place doing 42 mil in T6 and I wish I hadn't bothered. Such a waste of time. The gear I received was only slightly better than a poke in the eye.
  • My guild keeps doing teer 1 and it is so terrible we don't even want to play. The rewards stink and Zeta characters do nothing. Who thought this was fun or worth it? At least make the low tears what they should be.
  • IceHawk117
    36 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    This raid is broken because it hands out speed. Speed is king. It should not be an exclusive top raid damage, top raid tier reward. The HSR mark 12.5+ hands out +12 speed to characters. And now have had whales that already have 5 or 6 pieces. So guess who will continue to be the top raid performers?