Who is this Crumb guy? A Quick Introduction

Replies

• Welcome.
    This community is spoiled, the game is pretty close to perfectly fine. Don't worry about the whiners. You are going to have a tough job.
    So long for now!

Ps. If one thing i'd like to do, it would be to put the whole of community into the actual beta of a new coming game mode before it arrives.
    Right now, the amount of bugs that comes through is pretty nuts (still quite less compared to other games lol).
  • Sorry, 2 Change's but both short and to the point;
    1) Re-Work Mod''s--- PLEASE REWORK MOD'S; No'1,
    2) as a second, the new Ship practice mission, please make it possible to try out different variations of ship's and reinforcement slots as this would make it a true tutorial, thank you
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hello fellow Holotable Heroes

Welcome!
    What Can CG_Crumb Do For Me?
    Enough about my life, what can I do for you?
    Reducing the impact of RNG to the game in my case! :tongue: (DropRate as well as "Chance-of-Abilities")
    How can I Help?
    Test updates, check if the changes are proper working. CG hasnt brought a single bug-free update so far. (at least i cant remember one). This would be a good beginning! ;)
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Pr0t0cl0wn
    168 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Welcome, and now I can no longer imagine that Salacius Crumb is on the other side of the keyboard when I see your posts!

Has any feedback been noted on the way the new chat function is way too cluttered and just way too stuffed with nonsense, ie 10 lbs of kitten in a 5 lbs bag?
    Post edited by Fauztin on
  • Roopehun
    344 posts Member
    Honestly, I dont care who you are, but the way I see it, you have 2 options:
    Leave this clearly foolish ships2. 0 as it is and I'll hate you. (just like everyone else at CG who has any sort of power and will not use it for the good cause)
    Reroll-rework this update and you'll be the most beloved person the game has ever seen.
  • Startomsto
    926 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Hi and thank you for this great intro, really nice knowing about who you are and what we can expect from you. You seem to be the right person for the job and i m sure you ll be a great asset to cg but also to this community.

Regarding what i’d address as top prio it would have to be mod management... we need some improvement asap, even if not perfect such as ability to lock / unlock and move a whole set of mods... then longer term we need a good mod management system.

One thing you adressed and we did not need was chat... frankly no matter how great the app, it cannot match discord... and personnally i like having a separate tool than one owned by cg to communicate.

Lastly, sorry, the ship 2.0 launch was terrible. It is such a radical change and there wad no advance information about new ship kits. It looks very much like a deliberate effort to create a panick buy situation with the 2 abilities bundles... and it makes a great game become a huge stress for competitive players as we wanted to figure out how to remain competitive in a whole new referrential with nothing known about it...

Thanks again for listening and for this great intro and good luck with your new role, i’m sure we ’ll benefit a lot from your work :)
  • Fix Sith Raid (Rewards and machanics). And please consulting comunnity before lauch other brilhant rework (like sith rewards), receive a lot of critics about obvious issues in rework, rowback the changes, and take two months to revisite this subject, meanwhile guilds are in collapsing and we just receive vague information, like "meeting in next week to review this subject" (CG dont review this item extensively before the previous reward rework?)
  • Welcome.

Bring back old ships.
  • Ebbda
    261 posts Member
    edited May 2018

Welcome!

As you can tell, it's a passionate place, this. I hope you're able to resolve issues or at least answer them when the questions are put out there in a respectful manner.

I do have one question (thousands, but not greedy)

Why weren't additional Capital Ships and other ships not added rather than turning fleet upside down? I get the game evolves but we're yet to see Kenobi's ship, Anakin's and the Emperor's shuttle, for example. Add to that Bounty Hunters have ships and would be made farming them even more appealing.

Thanks for your time and GOOD LUCK!
    Post edited by Fauztin on
  • Rogee
    178 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Welcome aboard Capt. Crumb!

My one change would be to make all drop rates for gear/shards 100% Just raise the energy cost to balance it out.

We all know it's a grind for gear/shards, but really disheartening when you Sim x20 and get 0 rewards you're in need of. It feels like checking-out at the store, you give the cashier money and they say 'thank you' and don't give you the items you 'bought.'

This would also help us calculate how long it will take us to bring a character from 3* to 7*.

Thanks for your time!
  • PiffGuru
    773 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Stopped reading when I saw one of your favorite games was Total Annihilation. That was the first computer game I got for free with my first gateway computer many many many years ago. It was and probably still is my favorite RTS ever.
    Your alright with me
  • PiffGuru wrote: »
    Stopped reading when I saw one of your favorite games was Total Annihilation. That was the first computer game I got for free with my first gateway computer many many many years ago. It was and probably still is my favorite RTS ever.
    Your alright with me

"You had me at T.A." could be the new ™
    That long map with ocean in the middle was my fave - loved the ships and that one really let you go full throttle with them.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Welcome @CG_SBCrumb ... Something I would love to see that seems low hanging fruit, and this comes out of the Q & A period provided by the devs ... is a weekly "office hour". Just choose one hour per week where you will come on the forums and answer questions "live". I realize that will be responding to a lot of complaints, and repeating the same information week after week, but I think it will help on the transparency with communication.

I really appreciate everything CG does to make a great game. Not everything is a home run, but your team works very hard to make the right decisions and give us the best experience possible. Many of us in the community silently appreciate that. My compliments to your coders, artists, 3D modelers, UI developers, community managers, and everyone else who works so hard.
  • Burritto
    47 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Burritto wrote: »

My big ask would be a path towards retiring obsolete portions of the game.

)

Whoa...for you maybe....for officers who won't delegate authority maybe.... they got half that stuff down to one click for $$#$ sakes

Don't take away things we enjoy because someone else can't push a button...I mean GW one button if anything they need to make it harder after you can SIM so we have a playground.

Challenges... again it's a click.

Three raids to much take a zero take a break.... most posters want a ship raid and badly.

Lotta hate for having to click a button for 2 seconds.

got a guy in my guild can't click auto enter on Sith Raid he is literally refusing to tag raid and he's getting followers who refuse to play (real team player lol) it not because it's too much content but because it's a boring boring grind...

I'm just expressing my individual opinion... and I'm not sure how much hate can be found in my post. Just because our opinions differ doesn't really automatically escalate things to "hate".

My opinion was that all of these things you see as "one click" are unnecessary. Also, the sim button is one click, navigating to the various game tables is not. I know this is minutiae, but it's Challenges>Multi Sim>Whatever The Button Is That Collects The Rewards>Home. That's not backbreaking indeed, but it adds up. And if your argument is that so many elements of the game can be mindlessly simmed... I mean, that's kinda my point. I want a game with strategy, not a slot machine.

So, yeah, totally cool that you like all of the various areas of the game. I dig it. There's a lot of fun stuff. My personal $0.02 is that games can't grow endlessly large, especially ones that run on battery-powered devices with small screens. I would encourage you to use this opportunity to voice your opinion rather than analyzing mine.
  • NivZet
    3 posts Member
    Wow an FTL fan. Love it and happy to have you!
  • Welcome aboard, lets hope you can make a difference to the community and game by becoming the mediator between the game Devs and its players.

And good to know that you look like a human, rather than just another bean counter in a suit.

So change one thing?
    I would ask CG to cancel the game changer promotion process, in fact not change it but plain old bin it.

What you seem to have is a bunch of game changers, and to be a game changer you seem to need to be a big spender in SWGOH, now these game changers give and recieve advice, the problem is CG listens to them and takes thier feedback as a good and reprisentative view of the player base, but there not are they? They run youtube chanels (from which they make money if they get enough followers), the problem then becomes a merrygoround of overly obsessed players that are all trying to get an edge for thier channel and this continues until you release something thats poorly beta tested and recieved. Thats because your taking advice and feedback from the wrong team.

As an example, i design data storage systems, my designes are not approved by my mates that have a skewed and vested interest in seeing me succeed, because they also succeed if i do. My systems are reviewed by a broad spectrum of people, when i get bad feedback i make the neccesary changes (bad feedback is the best as it improves the product), the worst possible feedback is “yep its great how fast can we deploy it”, and that comes from a broad spectrum of reviewers.

To get a broad spectrum of reviewers you need whales, dolfins, guppies and the dreaded F2P, not just the people that love you, and blow smoke up yer rump just for a **** for thier channel.

And the gamechangers releasing info hours before an update is poor, give us a week or three and do it yourself (with the proviso that details may change of course), especially for major character releases, several days notice to indude panic farming is unhealthy, we need more time, that time wont be enough to finish the char needed of course but to get close enough to get them to say “sod it here is my cash”, currently finding i have a week to farm x,y&z just makes me dig my heels in and more determined to keep hold of my cash.

Good luck
  • Welcome to the family... as far as changes go.. read about the pain Sith raid and how many problems it has caused. Nerfng of expensive characters,guild breaker,total burden,boring raid. Should call it Nihilus Raid. Because it is literally sucks no the life out of the game
  • Rangkor05060709
    18 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Hello fellow Holotable Heroes,

You may have seen a few of my posts around the forums or in CG_Carrie’s recent State of the Galaxy post that mentioned me joining EA and Capital Games as Sr. Community Manager. I’ll just start with that I’m very excited to join the team and dive into this awesome community.

Welcome to the team and welcome to a harsh, sincere, massively dedicated, and die-hard fan community!
    What Can CG_Crumb Do For Me?
    Enough about my life, what can I do for you?

I will have a variety of responsibilities as Community Manager but a core part of my day to day will be improving our communication with you. I want to let you behind the curtain as much as I can and bring you in on why we make decisions such as why we balance this character like this, etc. Basically, be the conduit from the developer’s mouth to your ears...but conversations go both ways. We also need to listen to you to make this work. That would not be easy even if everyone in the community agreed on a direction! Players can engage with our game differently and therefore have many different needs. We need to understand and support all of these folks. In short, we have some listening to do, and we need to continue to build the conversation between all of us.

I expect a good part of my job will be handing requests from both sides trying to communicate and get more information about the other. Expect more on this topic later.
    This is not something that only I am passionate about improving but I have been told repeatedly, this is an important priority for us. To be clear, this won’t happen overnight and we won’t get everything right the first time but we will unrelentingly drive towards making it better. That’s my promise to you.

This is a great start to what you want to accomplish and hopefully so. Any business, and even in the military (currently active duty) any one would say that the number one thing that can be improved would be communication. I saw someone mention a weekly Live Q&A (one hour timeframe) and it would be a great idea to address current concerns and constantly gather an influx of data.
    How can I Help?
    Remember we are humans, sometimes we don’t see posts right away, we make copy pasta errors, we don’t always get it perfect but we have some amazing developers, forum moderators and game changers in this community that care deeply about making this game the best it can be. We all have strong feelings about the game. Sometimes we can let that intensity run wild enough to be abrasive to others and just rub people the wrong way. My ask of everyone is to try to all be passionate gamers but not aggressive and remember that we all care about the same thing, making a great game. That said, ya’ll seem pretty nice so far!

Agreed on your opener in this paragraph.
    One of the most helpful thing for us is to be constructive and concise with your feedback. We comb through tons of it, collate it in to reports and closely compare it to our game data but we sometimes miss important details in walls of text. Try to avoid that if you can but I can be guilty of this sometimes. (see this post…)

We unfortunately can’t be everywhere and see everything all the time, so we need your help. If you see something going wrong or a bug, let us know. You can make all our lives much easier by escalating critical issues to us and the moderators. This in turn give us more time to do the fun stuff and spend more time on things like making our next patch great.

Lastly, I’m curious to hear from all you folks as well about your experiences with Galaxy of Heroes. I’d love to hear about your journey with the game so far. I’ve about mastered Phoenix squad but I’d love to hear your tips and suggestions on where to go next.

I'll give you a suggestion, work on the current Nightmare Meta team versions and let me know how lovely that RNGesus is in the arena :joy:

Thanks for listening everybody. I look forward to working with you all.

Here’s a short ice breaker to get the thread started: This your moment. You’re in front of bosses. You get to make ONE hypothetical change to game. Not two, not three, five is right out:

How do you make the biggest impact on the game today with just one change? Why did you pick this one over other important improvements?

Oh man....shotgun blasts can be horrible at times when there are multiple critical items.

*Pondering* my list:

MOD Management
    RNGesus (100% Turn Meter coin flip)
    RNGesus (Drop Rates for shards/gear/ability materials)
    Separate Cantina and MOD energies
    Ships 1.0
    Ability to create & Script custom HUDs
    ugghhh

I would have to say MOD Management and the reason for that is how crucial MODS have become in this game now. SPD for arena, MOD swapping for TB/tw, Crucial MODing for STR. It is something I briefly put together and obviously significant room for improvement visually, but here's a look at a GUI I quickly put together (in Paint 3D):

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/8j06q8/a_mod_search_function_for_your_viewing_pleasure/?st=jhmiv3vt&sh=213de3ba

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/8j08wh/a_possible_tabular_mod_function_option_for_your/?st=jhmivlrh&sh=52ac1bdd

• There’s some players who are ruining the game for new players and exploiting the system. They create new accounts to hoard items for months before finally joining a shard with like 2000 dollars worth of gear.
  • One change: Mod management is sorely needed. I think the best way to go about it would be to make it so mods can be used on multiple characters but each mod can only be used once per team. This lets us use all of our mods for our arena team, raids, etc. without having to constantly micromanage them by swapping mods back and forth. TW would have the same rules, each mod can only be used once. It really just eliminates the need to swap mods to maximize your results. This could be done quite easily using the "select squad" button. Let us have a lock button on the mods and those mods would be locked on that toon for that team.
  • I'll hit you with a hard one right off. Send me my promised TB loot please. Because right now it feels like this:

giphy.gif

I let other post more comprehensive suggestions. I'm a simple man.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    You need to change your name to CG_Mustache, because that is some FINE facial hair!
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Dirty_Litle_Smuggler
    933 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    One change: Mod management.
    Allow you to create sets (like you can with squads), and then pull those mods of whoever they’re on and apply the set to the new character. That would make raiding your arena mods for tough events way more palatable, and make events more fun because you could play some of your lesser-used characters without the fear of having to solve the mod shuffle rubix cube when you’re done.
  • Welcome!

Your time on the sea will come in handy here. If you have traversed the toughest of waters than surely you can ride the waves here.

As you know people here are sorely passionate about the game. People invest a lot of time, money, and energy into it.

Glad to have you on board. Also pleased to see that the devs care enough about the community to hire a liaison if you will. You’re gonna do great! Just stay positive!!
  • Mikayas
    94 posts Member
    https://swgoh.gg/db/quests/?type=4

Change how you view the correlation between rewards for achievements and effort, time, resources required to achieve them.

1 omega and 50k credits for 10 g12 Jedi and so many pointless battles. This is a joke, and anyone who plays this game competitively will agree. What is the point of this?
  • I find the content in the game fun and engaging (excluding the Sith raid...it’s the worst). I can tell the developers put a lot of time and energy into the concepts that become the product. The best idea I can bring is to release new content with available support staff following the release to ensure the content is received and enjoyed as intended. Despite careful planning and research, large projects that are pushed globally are bound to have some problems. That is not such a big deal if there is a plan in place that assumes problems with the plan to address them. It is far easier to prevent frustration than to manage it once it is present. Maybe have a full support team available for 12 hours to receive feedback starting 4 hours after content is released. Also maybe if a significant amount of time and energy is spent hyping an event or weekend they could have some people available to address issues during the event itself. I am sure there are lots of areas you can make an impact on this game and it’s customers through improving communication. Timing and availability are critical aspects of communication and though one person can’t accomplish this alone it could definitely be improved upon. In short, customer service is what this game is missing and people wouldn’t complain about communication if they felt they had true customer service available.
  • Welcome to the game.

Too many walls of text in here.

Mod management pls.
  • jeiaden
    34 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Welcome abord
    Definitily mods and just one simple change is enough ; allow all six mods together swap between characters
    Phoenix is a good begining second is empire
    This is a passionate community and information and communication is most important thing
    For example ; 2.0 ship changes. Developers worked hard on that changes but community reacted badly because we havent any information about changes . Game changer videos are not enough . They are making videos about how geonisian ships are so good which we havent got those ships mostly . I understand both sides; developers working hard, gamers making time and spending money for this beautiful game. Its too hard to accept months after months farming and then "we decided nerf those toons and go farm anything different ". There is a good example at squad arena. Zeta lead change of emperor . Cls and jtr teams are viable and a lot of emperor teams are running and some nightsister and FO teams are exist .
  • jeiaden
    34 posts Member
    Welcome aboard

Definitely mod management.
  • Jailwatcher
    151 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    If I had to request one change.. it would be the Sith raid,,, the fact their are only a couple of teams that work for it just makes our guild mad.

The fact we have a guild of 100mil gp and cant finish T5 in a 3-4 days is the most soul destroying thing for our guild that has ever been in place period... Yes i know the comments of join a high end guild and work for certain characters.. and to a point I agree.. I'm all for a challenge.. but this (and ships lately) has seen a few people leave and we have seen the lowest participation on any kind of event ever.... Sith can easily be rearranged to another combination of letters