Is my opinion valid now?

I used some of my Google Opinion Rewards balance to get the 21-day Crystal boost. Can I be part of the P2P/P2W crowd now? Are my opinions now more valid because I am no longer a dirty F2P player? Can I still hold the opinions I do, or do I have to assimilate to the group thought process?

I'm excited for this change, and can't wait to be let into the cult, err, group! Get back to me.

Replies

• Skye
    795 posts Member
    If people are changing their opinions of you based on your spending habits... perhaps you need to be around a new group of people :p Hold on you are around a new group of people! Hey problem solved.
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • I'm free and I haven't felt slighted because of it. The people here don't seem to have issues with it either. I like players that help others, regardless of pay or free. Good luck...
  • ewok
    149 posts Member
    hahaha I love this pokebreaker guy, he just clowns on these biased and unreasonable p2p players all day.
  • I'm free and I haven't felt slighted because of it. The people here don't seem to have issues with it either. I like players that help others, regardless of pay or free. Good luck...

It's an inside joke for those of us who spend too much time in the forums :)

I am very appreciative of anyone who takes the time to help and educate others. However, those folks are very few in numbers, but they do exist.

However, there are many who attempt to invalidate the opinions of others, solely because they think they are F2P players. When I argue, I like to keep personal details out of it, such as: player status, age, income level, occupation, type of car I drive, how many kids I have, and most other details that are irrelevant to the discussion at hand. However, many don't use the same rule, and usually the first thing they say is some sort of income related statement, as though those of us living well can't choose to oppose, even though we could afford.

It's all good fun though.
  • ewok wrote: »
    hahaha I love this pokebreaker guy, he just clowns on these biased and unreasonable p2p players all day.

Hehe, thanks for noticing. I've seen your work as well. I showed my wife a couple of your posts, and we both laughed at how you were getting on people.

So many people are completely blinded by their bias.

Hehe, thanks for noticing. I've seen your work as well. I showed my wife a couple of your posts, and we both laughed at how you were getting on people.

So many people are completely blinded by their bias.

Opinion, meh... maturity proved though, well done

As above
  • I haven't had issues as I said but it is sad if I see posts where a guy is stroking himself because he bought $1000 in Premium content, trying to create elite groups of P2W customers with qualifiers for rank and star levels but it's a great laugh and like Pokebreaker, I have to add my snide comment, but isn't this life though???
  • What exactly classifies someone as a P2p player? What is the dollar figure? I've wondered this ever sense I played HODA. I've never heard the term until then.

My first impression of F2p players was that it's a badge of honor to never invest money in any mobile game. It's some sort of status symbol like driving a BMW. As a former PC game I would pay $60 for the latest title and could replay as many times as I liked. I can see why the most common complaint is you could buy a console game instead of spending large amounts of money for IAP.

Also, the F2p players are always the most vocal on the forms not the P2p players. The way the see it both need each other. F2p need P2p players to keep game development going and P2p players need F2p players to be the voice of gamers to get new features added and keep developers in check with crazy nerf/buff updates.
  • I used some of my Google Opinion Rewards balance to get the 21-day Crystal boost. Can I be part of the P2P/P2W crowd now? Are my opinions now more valid because I am no longer a dirty F2P player? Can I still hold the opinions I do, or do I have to assimilate to the group thought process?

I'm excited for this change, and can't wait to be let into the cult, err, group! Get back to me.

Nah, you're still a dult. I'm essentially free to play and your rambling nonsense about Barriss has been unbearable.

It seems to be beyond your ability to accept that your opinion is not only incorrect, but that if it were, it does not make others' opinions immediately wrong. Glad you spent some money, but you're still an annoying troll and thinks it is group think that causes everyone to disagree with your jaded mindset as oppose you having a horrible opinion.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    edited December 2015
    You showed your wife hahahhahahahahahahah

You take any self status from this forum????? Seriously? No wait seriously?

This game is played on multiple servers, has no end game status, no exclusive content except paid, no physical rewards, no money for winning, no status icons , no special skis, no tournaments....

What exactly is to brag about but the experience of playing? What is gained but personal experience? The pvp is not even live it's an AI!!!

So if anyone bashes a player for not spending that's insane, and you bashing those supporting the game by paying to get content (or pay to win Advantage in a single player no chat no bragging no proof game because we are all apparently robber barons in a dickens story to you and ewok) is equally so good sirs

The more this argument goes it's strange that people are weighing in when the initial reactions were towards ea for a money issue not game or playing or people but a transactions that has someone how been internet troll morphed into a classic and more riotous poor vs wealthy, and it's a sham because I love gamers and people here spend thousands a year on charity , have children with autism and give back because of it because I life is about postive, and yet even I dipped into the dark side with your rage because it's so vitriolic and self righteous

This is a game , there is no way to pay to win a game that is estimable single person because you do not compete directly, it's a leaderboard and across multi servers you don't get to pick

So let's end the faux war on each other and get back to constructive posts , we all have some sith in us but let's try to be better , if. It this is darkly funny and will just keep rolling on its self
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • I've spent a considerable amount of money, and it seems to be meaningless.
  • Well, it really depends on your opinion. If you hold the opinion that something is strong or weak, then as a player, you hold an opinion. If you are a citizen of the UK and hold the opinion that the Australian tax code is perfect and all Australians should pay so much, then while you hold an opinion, it doesnt matter.
    Im assuming that you have the opinion that barris buyers should not get a refund. If so, your opinion is garbage unless you are effected. Its like if people bought contaminated peanutbutter from the store and wanted a free checkup at the doctor, and then you started a protest against it without having bought the peanut butter. In these cases, i have to wonder why you even have an opinion at all. Worry about yourself.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • billbob19 wrote: »
    I used some of my Google Opinion Rewards balance to get the 21-day Crystal boost. Can I be part of the P2P/P2W crowd now? Are my opinions now more valid because I am no longer a dirty F2P player? Can I still hold the opinions I do, or do I have to assimilate to the group thought process?

Nah, you're still a dult. I'm essentially free to play and your rambling nonsense about Barriss has been unbearable.

It seems to be beyond your ability to accept that your opinion is not only incorrect, but that if it were, it does not make others' opinions immediately wrong. Glad you spent some money, but you're still an annoying troll and thinks it is group think that causes everyone to disagree with your jaded mindset as oppose you having a horrible opinion.

I like how you started off by "trying" to qualify yourself as F2P, but wouldn't, because you know you aren't even close. But at the end of the day, does it matter. You have no obligation to be honest oh the internet.

If you've actual read anything I've written (which I highly doubt, as differing opinions tends to cause the biased minds to repel like the same ends of a magnet), my opinions have nothing to do with Barriss itself. It just happens to be the name associated with situation at the moment. There is no "incorrect" opinion, as you'd like it to be, and folks like yourself, who bandwagon with the most vocal crowd, are incapable of understanding a neutral stance. It's so far beyond your understanding that a person could look at a situation objectively, and provide an opinion, rather than forming an opinion based on ones emotions.

If it's not group think, then what is it? I get the same cliche responses from MOST, with very few intelligent and logical responses. Those who post an intelligent agreement, I usually agree with, and have constructive conversation. However, most just use Ad Hominem to try to "win" their argument, using the "I've got more money than you" or the "you're just F2P, so only my desires as a paying customer matter" approach, as though that some how invalidates my argument. Just because you WANT something really bad, does not always make you right, no matter how many others jump on the bandwagon. At the end of the day, nobody knows how much each other has spent in the Game, except for those that are obvious, so that excuse is worthless.

However, everyone has a right to an opinion, except those in countries that don't. I guess you guys will continue trying to convince me, and I'll do the same. I don't back down from a conversation because everyone happens to be on one side. Nor will I bandwagon with the group because it's easier, and requires no thinking.

• Vampire_X wrote: »
    You showed your wife hahahhahahahahahahah

You take any self status from this forum????? Seriously? No wait seriously?

This game is played on multiple servers, has no end game status, no exclusive content except paid, no physical rewards, no money for winning, no status icons , no special skis, no tournaments....

What exactly is to brag about but the experience of playing? What is gained but personal experience? The pvp is not even live it's an AI!!!

So if anyone bashes a player for not spending that's insane, and you bashing those supporting the game by paying to get content (or pay to win Advantage in a single player no chat no bragging no proof game because we are all apparently robber barons in a dickens story to you and ewok) is equally so good sirs

The more this argument goes it's strange that people are weighing in when the initial reactions were towards ea for a money issue not game or playing or people but a transactions that has someone how been internet troll morphed into a classic and more riotous poor vs wealthy, and it's a sham because I love gamers and people here spend thousands a year on charity , have children with autism and give back because of it because I life is about postive, and yet even I dipped into the dark side with your rage because it's so vitriolic and self righteous

This is a game , there is no way to pay to win a game that is estimable single person because you do not compete directly, it's a leaderboard and across multi servers you don't get to pick

So let's end the faux war on each other and get back to constructive posts , we all have some sith in us but let's try to be better , if. It this is darkly funny and will just keep rolling on its self

Oh, is it uncommon to see something funny on the internet, and share it with others? It's that not a thing that people do? Shoot, I'll have to remember that next time... You realize how silly your statement was already, so I won't bother to beat the dead horse.

I agree with paragraph 2 and 3.

Paragraph 4: I agree, the bashing is silly. I don't have any issue with players that support the game. I have issues with particular P2W mentalities, that provide money to the game solely in exchange for what they perceive to be OP items. They give no care about the game, of which there is no requirement or expectation to. However, trying to sugar coat their actions with calling it "supporting" the game, is a bit far fetched, and is indicative of them knowing they are P2W types, and trying to improve their status. I'd they don't care, then why hide it? There are few that claim it proudly, and I respect them. It's like a person kidnapping a child, and when they are caught, they try to say "oh, I was just protecting him/her, not kidnapping for nefarious reasons". Understand, I don't classify EVERYONE as pay to win just because they put money into the game. It's purely those who make their stance OBVIOUS.

Paragraph 5: I didn't turn it into a poor versus rich, this was pre-existing before I came to the forums. Every time I saw someone pose a concern about potential OP characters that happens to be early access to P2W, the first thing they were told was to "get a better job, and you can afford to buy it too". Which is a common recurring theme on these forums, as though it somehow justifies allowing certain out of balance game mechanics to go untouched. I only seem like a troll because many folks happen to disagree with me. It's typical. I'm not stirring the pot to misdirect, the water was already spinning, and I decided to jump in to provide my opposing view, since the majority were so eager to provide theirs. My early posts (before the nerf) were more directed at EA, and in support of paying customer getting proper support. However, since I don't argue with emotions, the tables turned and it just happens I support the opposing view now. I'm not the type to pick a side and stick with it because my friends are there.

Paragraph 6: I'd beg to differ, as PvP competition exists, even though half controlled by AI. The leaderboard positions offer tangible benefits to being to ranked, and it is common knowledge that the teams have spent large amounts of money to max out their characters at a speed impossible on the free side. The difference is, those on top will tell you it is very costly, and to not even bother if you don't have a large amount to sirens in order to keep up. There are some cases where free players make it to the top, although it's impossible to know if they are telling the truth or just masquerading. There is nothing wrong with PvP ranking, it's just the primary indicator of P2W tactics, and one designed that way by the Devs to draw income. They know humans love to compete, and those that can, will fork over large amounts to see their internet name in the number one spot. It's their prerogative though.

Paragraph 7: There is no war from my perspective. I'm just the little guy with an opposing view within a large crowd of people who are seemingly blinded by either bias or emotion, or both. Those who will say things like "I don't care what I agreed to, I want my money back". Adults who are incapable of honoring the agreements they made, solely because they were too lazy to read it before clicking "I Agree". Consumer's have choice, and for them to partake in something that is clearly written in a way that might work against them, is just silly. So when I see the whining, it makes me want to make them aware of their adult decisions.

• Pilot wrote: »
    Well, it really depends on your opinion. If you hold the opinion that something is strong or weak, then as a player, you hold an opinion. If you are a citizen of the UK and hold the opinion that the Australian tax code is perfect and all Australians should pay so much, then while you hold an opinion, it doesnt matter.
    Im assuming that you have the opinion that barris buyers should not get a refund. If so, your opinion is garbage unless you are effected. Its like if people bought contaminated peanutbutter from the store and wanted a free checkup at the doctor, and then you started a protest against it without having bought the peanut butter. In these cases, i have to wonder why you even have an opinion at all. Worry about yourself.

You make a decent argument. I don't care whether you get a refund or not. However, you are an adult who agreed to a ToS prior to playing the game (of which most don't read), of which clearly states this situation may happen. However, since many act on emotions, they try to dismiss their adult decisions, for the sake of kicking and screaming for their money back.

I do agree that they should have pulled the pack from the shelves long enough in advance that there wouldn't be people buying it the day, maybe the week prior to a nerf. For future purposes, how long should an out of balance item be allowed to go untouched, before people feel it's ok to change it? From my gaming experience, the answer from those benefiting is always "never touch it, everyone else should just adapt". Everyone has their opinion, but the Devs have already stated that character balance will not be swayed based on it being paid/free access.

Sorry, just because your are effected does not mean you shouldn't be opposed. You will undoubtedly see me supporting one of your causees at some point down the road, as I remain as unbiased as possible in order to make better decisions. Too many people like to pick sides and stick with the group, rather than applying logical reasoning. Like some who affiliate with political groups...

At the end of the day, I'm going to provide my input if I feel like doing so, and I hope you continue to provide yours. I'm not always right, but neither are others, so we can work together to find a sensible agreement in the middle. Or just come to an impasse.