Great work devs!

2Next

Replies

• RebelLion
    243 posts Member
    I don't mind the 3 ship format so much. But I don't understand why they simultaneously jacked up the difficulty level on the challenges. Players new to ships won't be able to complete their daily activities until they've spent a good amount of time leveling up their ships. That sucks, imo.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Last two spots weren't really needed in the previous meta, especially because fights rarely lasted long enough to call more than two ships. I just used Poe in one spot to kill TF and Wedge just because he was lying around and I needed to put something there. My Poe is still just G10 despite my meta ships being all G12.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I do not like the ship update. I do not like it in a box, I do not like it with a fox.

How about the chat update?

I do not like the chat update, I do not like the ship update, I do not like it in a house, I do not like it with a mouse! Not in a box not with a fox, i do not like it CG devs.

But the quests, certainly you must like the quests!!

Not the quests, nor the ships, nor the chat CG devs!! I do not like them with a box, nor with a fox, not in a house, nor with a mouse, not in a boat nor on my remote. I DO NOT LIKE THEM CG DEVS!!!

What about the guild credits and the shard gifts?

Oh yeah I like those.
  • Rogee wrote: »
    Kiromir wrote: »
    I don't like the new ship format. I invested in seven ships and it took a lot of time.

Only 7 ships?
    Yeah just 7 so far. Once I got the last two reinforcement slots open I was planning on investing in two more. Not now though
  • TVF wrote: »
    It's amazing how you have to hate the game you play all the time or you're a CG employee.

"You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain."
  • I'm thoroughly satisfied with this update.
    I really like the quests. It's been something I've wanted for a while, and I'm also thrilled they have us old players retroactive rewards for the quests we would have completed getting to 85.

I like the practice events quite a bit, and the ship rework is great.
  • RebelLion
    243 posts Member
    The update punishes new players. Level 60 players can no longer complete daily activities.
  • The problem I have with the ship update is that, since the change was so instant, that it's taking me forever to figure out who to use, all the while me shard standing which was top 50 continues to drop like a rock to teams that I clobbered on my way up. I feel like it was too much at once. That perhaps they shouldve either introduced the 3v3 first then after a month or so of us being us3d to it, then introduced reinforcement abilities, or vide versa. Instead I feel like I wasted my time farming my ships, and just completely robbed of the hard and tedious work it took to get there, and not to mention the cost of crystals to keep refreshing nodes and such.... otherwise I absolutely loved the update. The quests r cool, even though I'm using a non sith to complete sith quests lol
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Man, there's so much to do right now...

Inb4 someone complains that CG is trying to force the Geo Trio on everyone.
  • This is the best update to this game to date.
  • I do not like them with a box, nor with a fox, not in a house, nor with a mouse, not in a boat nor on my remote.

Er...

• The Geonosian Battles are kinda fun to see the 3 working together. Sun Fac is still a useless tank though. Glad I invested in my Tarkin and Old school Biggs Target lock team. Still holding top 50 inching to 24 at payouts.
  • Glad I invested in my Tarkin and Old school Biggs Target lock team. Still holding top 50 inching to 24 at payouts.

The way I see it - the bedrock hasn't really changed - Tarkin if you don't have Chimaera, Biggs, two sets of TIEs, Slave and then er...a few strong attackers.

It's always been that way.

• TVF
    36524 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Glad I invested in my Tarkin and Old school Biggs Target lock team. Still holding top 50 inching to 24 at payouts.

The way I see it - the bedrock hasn't really changed - Tarkin if you don't have Chimaera, Biggs, two sets of TIEs, Slave and then er...a few strong attackers.

Probably. But it's hard to say so far given that most people have those as their strongest ships due to the previous meta. Of course they're going to outperform ships with lower abilities and gear.

With that said this update may have pushed Tarkin closer to Thrawn. A couple people in my shard have switched back and are doing fine, although I'm still beating them too.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Sun Fac is still a useless tank though.

I'm not saying he's great (I don't know since I don't use him) but how is he useless? You don't like stuns and nuisance taunts?
  • Eddiemundie
    1070 posts Member
    Scorchy wrote: »
    Tie reaper and falcon we're both end game ships that took months to farm! They didn't even become farmable until what? October? Now people should be getting the finishing touches on them if not already be done and now they are worthless. Like wow thanks for wasting thousands of units of energy I could have used on other characters or gear pieces. Such a shame their only purpose is to look like a trophy in a pointless platoon.

Falcon was always pointless, it had no place in the meta and there was only one meta.

Reaper was widely accepted to be OP. It's not useless now, it's still a strong contender for a reinforcement.

Ships WERE broken, a brief read over the forums reveals that. Most players logging in to do one battle a day and cashing out. Stale meta which was largely dependent on RNG. Something needed to be done. Whether this is an improvement remains to be seen but I think so - Tarkin and ackbar seem like stronger ships now.

What about mace? He is completely useless now.

RNG is actually worse now - you have 3 starting ships and are not able to reinforce right at the start. If opponent TL's your TFP and then his FOTP crits on strafe u just lost the fight.
  • Eddiemundie
    1070 posts Member
    btd7001 wrote: »
    Love all the updates.... except for Ships, which is what I was most excited about. It's not quicker, the Cap Ships specials are just as effective & they didn't fix the biggest issues imo, which they'll likely deny anyways: target lock % is higher for Defense & the ships on Defense do more damage & go first a vast majority of the time. How about some transparency for what effects ships speed like with Arena? Speed is just way too important in every aspect of this game imo.

Just google swgoh ship speed calculator. But when u max out your ships (like all end game players) you play with the 50/50 rng again. Lose the first roll and u've lost because now u only have 3 ships
  • TVF wrote: »
    Glad I invested in my Tarkin and Old school Biggs Target lock team. Still holding top 50 inching to 24 at payouts.

Probably. But it's hard to say so far given that most people have those as their strongest ships due to the previous meta. Of course they're going to outperform ships with lower abilities and gear.

Too an extent. I had a pretty varied Ship roster. I've not found any that didn't perform suddenly performing. Seems the same old...except Reaper...seem to do pretty much a comparable job. Geonosian Ships seem a little better...but I always had a soft spot for them.

• TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Reaper and Mace seem to be the two that are definitively worse so far, I'll acknowledge that. It makes sense with Reaper, they said they wanted to balance ships and Reaper was the meta. Endurance should have been made stronger but it seems they missed the effect that less ships have on Valor. Funny thing is they buffed its ultimate, but good luck getting there.