Rebel training T3

Replies

• BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    this is literally the **** thing i've ever seen. we have to use the event toons, and they're too weak to take anything out. vader and thrawn literally one-shot kenobi and han.

Read instead of write..... Lots of us have put strategies up..... We all bested it with the same toons.... So can you
  • cboath7
    455 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Very odd for a 'learn how to use Rebels' event.

Literally, one shot on every single level....until tier 3. Then 3 is essentially RNG. I adjusted over and over and when i finally beat it, it was pure RNG. All came down to R2's stuns. They work, you win. You miss too many, you lose. Was simple as that for me. There were a number of R2 missing 3-4 stuns in a row. That gives you zero chance as either Thrawn or EP one shots someone, or knocks them down to 5% or so at best.

so, 1,1,1,1,1,1, like 30? Seems pretty unbalanced at the end for a pay out that wasn't much better than the previous tiers.

Nothing wrong with a challenge, but it should level up appropriately. Not tiny step after tiny step, fall off a cliff.

For the record, i finished that event with 3* and everyone in good shape. Not all protection, but 90% or better health. Some with good amounts of protection still. The key, was RNG on R2's stuns. I ran the same basic tactic a number of times before the stuns worked consistently enough. Again, nothing wrong with having to learn tactics. On a learning event, though, tactics shouldn't need good RNG to work.
  • Degs29
    361 posts Member
    I didn't even realize it was a challenge. Guess I got lucky my first try.

For the record, I stunned Thrawn, then went after Palpatine. Kept Call to Action on Luke so he could attack Palpatine at will even when the others taunt. Thrawn fractured my Kenobi, but I was able to get rid of palp, stun Vader, then take out Thrawn. Took out one of the stormtroopers around the same time. The rest was just mopping up. Only lost one toon to culling blade.
  • For those having issues, read through the thread. Timing stuns and timing Ben’s debuff is critical. I am a new player and I don’t even have these characters, much less at 85. I about gave up after the 6th attempt. I did some reading and figured out when to use stuns and Bens ability block. Using Lukes ability takes some getting used to, but I finally cleared it on the 8th attempt with everyone alive. If R2 misses some stuns, just start over.

On to the empire now.
  • Range1974
    897 posts Member
    all in using the specials and stuns. You can’t just muscle through it
  • unlce_bs
    1 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I can't beat T3 of Rebel Training to save my life. I have probably played it 30 times today and got nowhere. I also can't figure out which abilities are stun for each character. This challenge is impossible to do.
  • Tarugo91
    294 posts Member
    In this event, buffs and debuffs have overpowered effects so you must use them to your advantage.

Old ben can both give defense up during taunt and offense down during mind tricks.
    Use luke's TMR to ensure that high dps toons (vader,ep,thrawn) are slower to attack.
    Use R2 and Hans stuns strategically. For me, R2 can stun EP more consistently than others.
    Use Lukes buff immunity on taunters.
  • _Reaper_
    109 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Vader ONE-SHOOTS CLS with basic ability when CLS is at full health and protection and hus buffs (with Vader having debuffs).
    Emperor does 45K dmg with his BASIC (and again he's debuffed, while my characters are buffed). I did the same damage with Vaders' special when the enemy had more then 5 debuffs (and that enemy was not as upgraded as Rebels T3 characters) in Imperial event.
    Same for Thrawn.
    They actually do much less damage with specials. Vader only got about half of CLS's health with his culling blade.
    Post edited by _Reaper_ on
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    You've got 3 stuns, just stunlock them all.
  • locodiel
    92 posts Member
    Yes, stun is the key. You might lose Old Ben though. He can take 3-4 hits.
  • _Reaper_
    109 posts Member
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    locodiel wrote: »

Did you not read what I wrote? I don't have problems finishing the event. The problem is that it's supposed to be a training event but it doesn't accomplish the goals it should. You won't get 45k dmg with basic ability in such situation in arena for example.
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    It's a training event designed to teach you how to control the battle. Play smart or die is basically the lesson.
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    unlce_**** wrote: »
    I can't beat T3 of Rebel Training to save my life. I have probably played it 30 times today and got nowhere. I also can't figure out which abilities are stun for each character. This challenge is impossible to do.

Hold your finger on the ability for a second or two and it brings up a full description box for it, mid battle. Even works on their little blue unique boxes above the actual abilities. It then goes away without triggering the actual ability itself.

Take the time to read and understand what they all do. It's critical to winning.
  • It looks like there are a number of people coming here and posting that the event is to hard/impossible before actually reading through for advice. I get that sometimes it's nice to vent frustration, but when you've had all you need to know laid out before you then maybe read it before making frankly silly claims.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • LtGenStu
    234 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I have done over 60 tries on my main account and I cannot complete it. I've read all strategies, videos on youtube and tried every combination possible. Still, the maximum I can eliminate is 1!!! I've tried a different device/account and got it the second time! I'm not a new player, I've been playing since 2016.
  • Jailwatcher
    151 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    CLS's basic lays down speed down and counters... Second hit with those up on the enemy stuns.
    R2 Stuns on his basic
    Han Stuns on his special

Hans basic can reduce TM if the enemy is above 50% TM
    CLS has a special that reduces 100% TM

Ben has the ability to AOE ability Block..

Keep Leia Stealthed.

Yes it took me a couple of tries but its very doable if you use the above and understand the abilities of each character
  • Stud3099 wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    spread stuns

This. It's not that difficult of an event with a little strategy. I stunned Vader first with Han's opening shot and then started spreading stuns from there. If a stormtrooper taunts, use CLS to remove the taunt. Try to keep Thrawn, Vader, and EP stunned as much as possible.
    Well, everyone with some understanding of the game and the characters involved should know this anyway. Still, there's a ton of rng involved, making this advice rather useless. Just had a try with Solo missing EVERY stun besides the initial one and r2 aswell only hitting 50% stuns. If you have several tries with such "great" rng, this event loses all it's appeal and leaves you just frustrated.
    Also, the dmg that premade team is dealing is just redicoulusly low. So I checked their mods and quess what? They have none...

• LtGenStu
    234 posts Member
    Haha after 60 tries, I decided to restart my phone. Got it first try, finished with 5 toons with full health and some still had protection!
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    1 - Han shoots Vader. Opening choice regardless.

2 - Keep Leia stealthed. Any time it's her turn and the ability is there, use it. She'll get a turn again anyways.

3 - Do NOT taunt with Old Ben.

4 - Switch between Hans regular and special depending on turn meter. Up his critical whenever you can too.

5 - Do NOT use smokescreen. Not worth it. Basic stun on the next target to get a turn, except TFP. He can be completely left alone.

6 - R2's improvise whenever possible, and nobody requires a stun.

7 - CLS removes the big three TMs, and inflicts buff immunity on the stormtroopers. If they happen to not have buff immunity, stun the closest one to a turn using the next available character that can. You do not want them to taunt. That's it. Roll his basic across the big three as well, keep them debuffed.

8 - Ability block from old Ben whenever it's available. Basic whenever it isn't. See point #3.

9 - Focus on the big three in whatever order you want. If you roll your stuns/blocks properly they should get close to zero turns. I had the Emperor take one turn. That was it for all three of them.

I killed Thrawn, Vader, EP, TFP, Trooper then Trooper. Everyone full health, R2 lost all his protection. That's it.
  • sweetpoison
    1 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    This thread is useless.
    The all battle is under RANDOM play and all the advices are based on "I got lucky". R2 Does not stun 3 out of 5 hits, Luke's basic does stun on troopers, Han is as useless as ever, Ben die like a fart in the wind. This is frustrating.
    Edit: Yeap, like I said, it's all random. I manage to pass it by random clicking on skills.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    This thread is useless. Han is as useless as ever, Ben die like a fart in the wind.

Ahah it’s funny
  • I won by stunning the strongest characters first like Thrawn,Vader,Palpintine and the Stormtroopers( their annoying taunt). The last enemy standing was the Tie Pilot(bc he was the weakest)
  • ZCD_9915
    356 posts Member
    Don't taunt old ben until Vader is about to go the second time. He will evade or at least survive the light saber throw. Also don't stealth Leia until you use smoke screen. It took me four tries to beat it.
  • Rebel training...I need to do auto,because I am half blind...Macular Deceneration...wet form... I am a auto player only... I can’t do this event...impassible!
  • cboath7
    455 posts Member
    This thread is useless.
    The all battle is under RANDOM play and all the advices are based on "I got lucky". R2 Does not stun 3 out of 5 hits, Luke's basic does stun on troopers, Han is as useless as ever, Ben die like a fart in the wind. This is frustrating.
    Edit: Yeap, like I said, it's all random. I manage to pass it by random clicking on skills.

CLS doesn't have to stun, but the turn meter nuke and the debuffs either of his first two attacks have will keep the troopers at bay as well.

They was R2. I had the same issue you did. I had many runs where R2 would whiff repeatedly on his basic stun attack. One miss you can survive. Two in a row, flirting with disaster, three, you're toast. I got a number of 3's. That's why i said it's too RNG for a training op. I can admit, i've come out on the + side of RNG's in the past on occasion, but not usually.

I don't see getting through it when R2 fails too much. I got lucky on mine TBH. I had R2 miss twice and thrawn came clean. His TM musta been sufficiently nuked because it got 4 more turns back to CLS keep him from killing me.
  • I think I'm doing something wrong. I've tried everything that I've read and I've tried variations of it. I've tried to remember what they showed in the previous two tiers but I just can't get it. I'm fairly new to the game and am getting used to how to fight the characters but it usually doesn't take me this long to learn a new character. I don't know what else to do. I refuse to give up but how long will this be up for us to play.
    Al_Mon_El
    (o,o)
  • cboath7
    455 posts Member
    Vendi gave a good description a few posts above.

Short version would be (at least what worked for me) is rotate CLS usually between thrawn/EP/Vader (in that order). Use Hand and R2 to keep the troopers in check. R2, basic is a stun, Han, 2nd attack a stun. CLS, first two attacks debuff turn meter.
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I'm surprised to hear this many ppl have had difficulty. I did it on 3rd try finishing without old ben. Use cls call to action just once, erase storm's taunt with cls, use old ben mind trick, kill thrawn, palp vader, tfp, storm in that order
  • DarkLord7
    241 posts Member
    _Reaper_ wrote: »
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    locodiel wrote: »

Did you not read what I wrote? I don't have problems finishing the event. The problem is that it's supposed to be a training event but it doesn't accomplish the goals it should. You won't get 45k dmg with basic ability in such situation in arena for example.

I mean... Maybe if you fight a really nasty zVentress :P
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    This thread is useless.

Idk if I can say this, but are you just bad? Of course there is skill to it, mine was to stop troopers from taunting, and there is enough Potency between the entire team to do that.
This discussion has been closed.