[Suggestion] Lack of time - draw problem

Especially during battles with Jedi team with Ima Gan Di as a leader - counterattacks tied down (it takes too many time)

My suggestion is to increase round time to 5 min.

Or change a mechanism of battle winner evaluation: by comparing sums of all live heroes' health in opposite teams as it was previously.
Russian SW:GoH Community| 4PDA

Replies

• Especially during battles with Jedi team with Ima Gan Di as a leader - counterattacks tied down (it takes too many time)

My suggestion is to increase round time to 5 min.

Or change a mechanism of battle winner evaluation: by comparing sums of all live heroes' health in opposite teams as it was previously.

Round limits should def be up'ed to 5 mins and there should def be some sort of winner evaluation mechanism. As when your only allowed 5 matches a day without using shard it's quite annoying to be 4 v 1 and draw when you about to win.

I think a couple of things could be considered.

1. Have a 10 second limit to make a move when its your turn
    2. The clock could stop ticking when the game is going through its motions... as some moves take longer than other moves

• I agree. 3 minutes is definitely a big problem in PVP right now.

However I'd propose a different solution: Increase the overall speed of battle animation for manual controls.

Setting to Auto with manual targeting seems to solve the problem of the short timer because of the faster animation. If manual control has the same speed then timer wouldn't be as much of a problem as it is right now. It will also improve gameplay experience for missions as well.
  • Yeah, dev really should look in to this.
  • Davo
    121 posts Member
    after going through healfest and aoefest, i really like the current pvp set up. Plus, i do not want to lose ranks on draws. Beat the whole team or not get a win works great for me
  • Davo
    121 posts Member
    looks like a 5 minute timer is in place now.
  • Agreed. Do away w the draw. Give people incentive to go for it.

I think the 5min timer is only for the top 50?

Im a lemming more than 100 so i get the 3 min rush trying to finish off 2-3 healers. At least aoe fest had aconclusion
  • Hey Everyone, if you are still seeing 3 minutes when going into Squad Arena, close your game out and restart it, this should make it so you now have a 5 minute timer.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Another update has been pushed that should change the timer to 5 minutes regardless if you restart or not. Thanks for your feedback on this everyone!
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Nice, keep up the good work dev.
  • I think 5 minutes is still not enough, some skill/attack animations take longer, and the tankier (stat/skill-wise) heroes get, the longer the fights are taking. Either 10 minutes or a specific amount of "rounds" would be better than 5 minutes I think.
  • 10 minutes? I really don't like that idea. Arena should still be a quick one. 5 minutes is very fair, mostly you end up defeating them in less then 4 minutes (with thinking about your next move). Even when I play solo missions, it feels like ages to get through 3 rounds and 10 minutes for one single fight must feel like eons... If you take more then 5 minutes you are doing something wrong or you are pretty unlucky because your opponent has a full healer squad AND you are doing something wrong because you lack damage or you might consider a new tactic.
  • I don't particularly mind the time limit, but when time runs out, you've got a full squad at full health and the opponent has one man who's one hit from death???
    Just happened to me and there's no way that's a draw.