3v3 Fleet arena meta?

2Next

Replies

• TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Roopehun wrote: »
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Which means Chimaera is now quite possibly the worst one.

Clearly not true.

But only because theres Mace.

So you're using Ackbar?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Sprat
    24 posts Member
    A guy in my shard has switched to Home One and using him quite effectively. Haven’t seen that capital ship in...forever.
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    Chimera’s ultimate is now a 4 turn cooldown at any level. It used to take maxing levels to reduce cooldown to 4.
    Endurance ultimate got seriously nerfed from damage immunity to protection up.
    Home One and Executrix ultimates remained pretty much the same.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    You can't judge a cap ship just by its ultimate. A few people on my shard switched back to Tarkin and are doing well. You should probably look at the whole kit next time.
  • FoERR
    1 posts Member
    for reinforcements, I am really liking Sunfac because he auto stuns then he can stun on special so a double stun can turn the battle plus auto taunt. ashoka is nice too, she dispels then special dispel so double dispel. for starting lineup idk,I'm trying Biggs, fotp and vader w mixed results
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    FoERR wrote: »
    for starting lineup idk,I'm trying Biggs, fotp and vader w mixed results
    Lol. You and pretty much the rest of the player base.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I've seen more TF than FOTF but ok.

It also makes sense that the ships people have upgraded the most are the ones that we'd see the most right now. It will take time to build up a new meta, if one happens.
  • FailingCrab
    1155 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    I've seen more TF than FOTF but ok.

It also makes sense that the ships people have upgraded the most are the ones that we'd see the most right now. It will take time to build up a new meta, if one happens.

I think this is the explanation for the current 'meta'.

On paper the rework has beefed home one significantly and a maxed Tarkin is no joke. Looks like we could build strong fleets under both of those leads which use different strategies. We just need time for people to gear the relevant pilots and try it out.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    That won't happen though because everyone is too busy complaining that ships are worse now and quitting the game because of it because they can't get money back for their now-useless G12 pilots.
  • Executrix ult is definitely nerfed. Will see what the unique upgrade bring though
  • The current boring meta is definitely a result of people having build those ships up. I am pretty sure, the meta will make some changes and maybe gets more versatile in the future.

I am sure we will see more geonosians coming up and maybe there will show up some rebel fleets as well.

I will not invest in ships during the coming days to save my mats a little bit.
  • What has happened in the current meta is the developers have purposely slowed it down for Thrawn Commanders. Since only three ships are allowed at the start of the battle, instead of five, a first turn kill has all but been eliminated. This was an enormous Advantage for thrawn users. Now, the only way to achieve a first turn kill is to forgo using Biggs in your starting lineup. If you do that, the first ship of mine you kill will be the last one, because I will run you slam over after you have shot your wad. Yes, gone are the days in which no thought process was required in fielding a team. All thrawn users had to do was choose five fast hard hitting ships and throw them into the lineup. No thought process required. Now, you need Synergy to win. 5 fast hard-hitting ships is not synergy. It never was. As a result, everyday these thrawn users continue to cry baby and I find it extremely hilarious. It is the business model of the developers to build the meta and then to destroy it. This process is repeated over and over to ensure people continue to spend money and continue to stay engaged within the game trying to build new teams all of the time. I have been warning about this meta shift against thrawn for months. As long as these thrawn user's continue to cling to an outdated meta, the developers will continue to undermine him. You think it's bad now? You just wait until PvE for ships is released and everyone can start farming every ship. Wait until the next few ships are released. You can bet your bottom dollar, they will be aimed at undermining the continued abuse of one Commander, thrawn. You don't ride a sinking ship until it sinks. You jump ship before it gets to that point. Thrawn users this is only a shot across your bow. The next one will sink your ship completely. And rest assured, I will come here every day to get a huge laugh at your expense
  • Roopehun
    344 posts Member
    What has happened in the current meta is the developers have purposely slowed it down for Thrawn Commanders. Since only three ships are allowed at the start of the battle, instead of five, a first turn kill has all but been eliminated. This was an enormous Advantage for thrawn users. Now, the only way to achieve a first turn kill is to forgo using Biggs in your starting lineup. If you do that, the first ship of mine you kill will be the last one, because I will run you slam over after you have shot your wad. Yes, gone are the days in which no thought process was required in fielding a team. All thrawn users had to do was choose five fast hard hitting ships and throw them into the lineup. No thought process required. Now, you need Synergy to win. 5 fast hard-hitting ships is not synergy. It never was. As a result, everyday these thrawn users continue to cry baby and I find it extremely hilarious. It is the business model of the developers to build the meta and then to destroy it. This process is repeated over and over to ensure people continue to spend money and continue to stay engaged within the game trying to build new teams all of the time. I have been warning about this meta shift against thrawn for months. As long as these thrawn user's continue to cling to an outdated meta, the developers will continue to undermine him. You think it's bad now? You just wait until PvE for ships is released and everyone can start farming every ship. Wait until the next few ships are released. You can bet your bottom dollar, they will be aimed at undermining the continued abuse of one Commander, thrawn. You don't ride a sinking ship until it sinks. You jump ship before it gets to that point. Thrawn users this is only a shot across your bow. The next one will sink your ship completely. And rest assured, I will come here every day to get a huge laugh at your expense

Or just change a ship. Ive already parked Chimaera, there are better ships to get the top5 payout nowdays.
    Diverting earlier than the meta ends, however, thats foolish, so if you never got Chimaera, you were missing out on way too much, so joke's on you haha.
  • Roopehun wrote: »
    What has happened in the current meta is the developers have purposely slowed it down for Thrawn Commanders. Since only three ships are allowed at the start of the battle, instead of five, a first turn kill has all but been eliminated. This was an enormous Advantage for thrawn users. Now, the only way to achieve a first turn kill is to forgo using Biggs in your starting lineup. If you do that, the first ship of mine you kill will be the last one, because I will run you slam over after you have shot your wad. Yes, gone are the days in which no thought process was required in fielding a team. All thrawn users had to do was choose five fast hard hitting ships and throw them into the lineup. No thought process required. Now, you need Synergy to win. 5 fast hard-hitting ships is not synergy. It never was. As a result, everyday these thrawn users continue to cry baby and I find it extremely hilarious. It is the business model of the developers to build the meta and then to destroy it. This process is repeated over and over to ensure people continue to spend money and continue to stay engaged within the game trying to build new teams all of the time. I have been warning about this meta shift against thrawn for months. As long as these thrawn user's continue to cling to an outdated meta, the developers will continue to undermine him. You think it's bad now? You just wait until PvE for ships is released and everyone can start farming every ship. Wait until the next few ships are released. You can bet your bottom dollar, they will be aimed at undermining the continued abuse of one Commander, thrawn. You don't ride a sinking ship until it sinks. You jump ship before it gets to that point. Thrawn users this is only a shot across your bow. The next one will sink your ship completely. And rest assured, I will come here every day to get a huge laugh at your expense

Or just change a ship. Ive already parked Chimaera, there are better ships to get the top5 payout nowdays.
    Diverting earlier than the meta ends, however, thats foolish, so if you never got Chimaera, you were missing out on way too much, so joke's on you haha.

I get paid at number one every single day and have done so since the Inception of the fleet Arena, and have continued to easily be able to do so throughout this update. Mace has been my commander of the entire time. I acquired 7*Thrawn/Chimaera months and months ago but refuse to put resources into what I knew would be a dying meta. You're right, there's a joke here and it's on you
  • JasFonz
    317 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    @PrideOfTheWicked beautiful speech, pity you keep repeating yourself. You’d make a great preacher I must say ;-)

However I have a question seeing as how you’re the brain behind fleet arena since the beginning. What’s the best strategy and if I was to humor myself and send Thrawn parking, what’s the best route to head down?

You say you’ve got videos and screenshots, feel free to post them here. Oh and a link to your profile too. That helps.

See I prefer not to head down a path of accusations without proof.

P.S I love Thrawn :-)))
  • JasFonz wrote: »
    @PrideOfTheWicked beautiful speech, pity you keep repeating yourself. You’d make a great preacher I must say ;-)

I like the way our friend @PrideOfTheWicked is trying to sound like some hard-boiled Mafia Don...rather than a guy who plays a Star Wars game on his cellphone.

Quite sweet really :blush:

• TVF
    36519 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Thrawn is still super strong for me (at least so far). Luckily I had my Executrix maxed before I got Thrawn even unlocked, so I will just switch back if Ii find it necessary.
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Chimaera is still solid. But if executrix is at higher star level, chimaera might not be the best option

My chimaera is 5 stars and exec is 7 stars, the 4th reinforcement used be of no value but now it does matter.

Also i always lose against a strong 7 star chimaera fleet, when i use my 5 star chimaera (thrawn is maxed out tho). Reason being, simply my chimaera is slower than opponent's and I get wiped out by his ult, no matter how well i've managed the game till the point. Kinda makes me piissed off really.

However when i use 7 star exec, i can win at least sometimes, i havent figured out the reason quite yet, but i think it's because i'm more likely to call more reinforcement before enemy's ult comes compared to when i use a 5 star chimaera, due to faster capital shop speed (166speed) and 1 more slot. (3 vs 4) More reinforcements deployed before enemy ult = Higher chances to survive afterwards and get a chance to use my ult.

One drawback tho, is that exec ult has been severely nerfed. Now I do have to pray on rng if i want to kill just 3 ships with ult.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    One drawback tho, is that exec ult has been severely nerfed. Now I do have to pray on rng if i want to kill just 3 ships with ult.

Dunno, this seems like the exact reason it would have been nerfed...

• JDK82
    151 posts Member
    Since my genosians where quite geared and as well their ships, I threw them a couple of days ago in.

Soldier + spy + Biggs is the starting line-up which I have the most success with.
    Sun fac with his double stun,
    Phantom with her reinforcement cooldown + ghost
    And obviously boba are my choices as reinforcements.

Tried it with the more promising looking home one capital ship, but switched back to chimera because of the higher damage output.

Where I had hard times to break the top 20 before the update with a maxed meta fleet - I just walk into the top 10 now with a not yet maxed genosian fleet (all are gear 11, spy ship just 6*, almost no omegas on my pilots)...

However I have a question seeing as how you’re the brain behind fleet arena since the beginning. What’s the best strategy and if I was to humor myself and send Thrawn parking, what’s the best route to head down?

You say you’ve got videos and screenshots, feel free to post them here. Oh and a link to your profile too. That helps.

JasFonz wrote: »

JasFonz wrote: »

Gladly! Add me on the LINE application. My user ID is PridOfTheWicked. I can't share almost 300 screenshots here, much less video. If you love Thrawn so much, perhaps the two of you should get a room?