Can you forum admins please stop doing this

icanectc
821 posts Member
edited May 2018
Forum owners. It's very frustrating when people post potential bugs such as missing tw in events or tie reaper not removing tm. I see no reason why you can't copy the thread to the "graveyard" and allow for continued player discussion as we may through talking it through come to an understanding that it isn't a bug or definitely is a bug. When you kill the thread everyone loses track of its status. I am serious how can we have an open dialog with other players to assist them if you keep moving and locking the thread.

Replies

• UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    Maybe try and post a bug report in the correct place then post a link to it here, then if people comment on it in the bugs area it may get more attention from the powers that be.
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    Yeah, fair enough. But the missing rewards as one example should be merged, as otherwise we'd have hundreds of threads on the same subject.
  • They remove everything they either can’t answer or don’t want to answer. They are out of control here.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    I agree about the bugs, sometimes it's not a bug at all but just a misunderstanding of how it's supposed to work, but the thread gets archieved anyway.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Semi
    133 posts Member
    Regarding the bug section. I tried for 30 minutes to find de " send / report " button on multiple devides/browser and I could never post it ( about a week ago ) so I post mine too on the forum....but yes... Normally they merge it elsewhere.
  • Semi wrote: »
    Regarding the bug section. I tried for 30 minutes to find de " send / report " button on multiple devides/browser and I could never post it ( about a week ago ) so I post mine too on the forum....but yes... Normally they merge it elsewhere.

I understand the need for the ea bugsite. But it’s terrible to navigate and to post. I tried posting something for 30 mins and gave up. It’s super confusing. The only way I was able to me too something is when a mod posted the link on that certain bug.

On the other hand you have people like Scuba who I’m sure is well versed in everything of that website and the bugs aren’t commented on. When they are it turns wai.

Add that to the whole argument of player beneficial bugs that get dealt with really fast as opposed to other bugs that just linger forever.

Obvi! Devs have only a certain amount of time to deal with these things but the whole bug thing and how to report it and what happens when you do is a really big clusterkitten.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    icanectc wrote: »
    Forum owners. It's very frustrating when people post potential bugs such as missing tw in events or tie reaper not removing tm. I see no reason why you can't copy the thread to the "graveyard" and allow for continued player discussion as we may through talking it through come to an understanding that it isn't a bug or definitely is a bug. When you kill the thread everyone loses track of its status. I am serious how can we have an open dialog with other players to assist them if you keep moving and locking the thread.

It is not moved to a "graveyard". It is moved to a place where it is frozen so people can still see it.

This is done because posting bugs to the forum does nothing to fix it. All bugs and issues need to be posted to Answers HQ to get any attention.

Or people could click the "Report Bug" tab in the forum and be directed there, rather than post in general.
This discussion has been closed.