Qi'ra marquee duration

As a diehard fan, I never noticed that marquee events last only a single day or two -as I've always played though them mere hours after their release - but this must be the case as I missed the entire Qi'ra event this weekend while I was in the mountains, well away from WiFi and out of 4G reception.

I had always thought the Marquee lasted as long as the packs were in the shop. "Having a hard time deciding if you want to drop $400 for this character? Try them out!"

My frustration is that I actually enjoy being coached through the kits of these new characters, not to mention the free shards. As a "whale," I've never felt less inclined to purchase a chacter than right now, despite the fact I'm only missing out on 55 shards.

These events should last as long as the shards are purchasable. Period.

Replies

• Except they always are for two days, The reward is being there to play the marquee, it’s never been a month long event. Don’t expect it to change.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Did you enjoy your weekend in the mountains?
  • Except they always are for two days, The reward is being there to play the marquee, it’s never been a month long event. Don’t expect it to change.

You're right but the question is why? If the Marquee is there to introduce the character and to advertise for the shard packs, what's the point of limiting the duration? Of course, it's rare for players who frequent the forums to miss out on these things, but I'm sure there are plenty of more casual players who likewise have missed these events and are left out from even learning about these new characters because of it. The short duration is unexpected, as it shuts the door in their faces.
  • AnUnusedName
    56 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Waqui wrote: »
    Did you enjoy your weekend in the mountains?

Heck yea! But that doesn't mean it should be trade-off. Why can't players have their cake and eat it too? This is the feedback forum so I'm telling the developers that I believe they made the wrong call with Marquee event duration.

The events are one-off. Compare that to reoccurring events like a Hero's Journey (rare) or even credit heist (frequent). Those events, alongside the guild aspect, exist to ensure that players stay hooked, playing nearly every day so they don't miss anything. But I'm sure you'll agree that the main goal of a marquee event is different: to introduce a new character, to get players excited, and to inevitably convince some players to drop the cash for these characters. It's also undoubtedly the most exciting for new players who are still on the fence about becoming daily players.

So then what do they stand to gain by having this non-reoccurring event last such a short duration, despite the fact that the shards they are essentially advertising for are in the shop for a month? It's an odd play.
  • Well, even if they do not change the length of the marquee events, they should at least advertise that one is coming. That way people can plan to get to a place with wifi ahead of time. I know that not everyone is into this game enough to check out the forums, so an ingame advert might be nice to have.