Client Restart...no DSTB rewards (Dev Response & Final solution)

Replies

• Magic69
    23 posts Member
    Still no rewards and still no communication from CG about the issue. Very disappointing that they just scrambled out of the office on Friday knowing they had an issue that was affecting a lot of their customers. It seems they have no pride in delivering quality!!!
  • Toastie
    284 posts Member
    Same here: Still no rewards for me :( Hope that they will arrive on Tuesday. BTW who said this? Plz link?

Greets Toastie852
  • Magic69
    23 posts Member
    Toastie wrote: »
    Same here: Still no rewards for me :( Hope that they will arrive on Tuesday. BTW who said this? Plz link?

Greets Toastie852

Here’s the link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/8m6hbt/i_did_not_receive_my_tb_rewards/
  • Spyro324
    107 posts Member
    Semi wrote: »
    I just can't believe that NO ONE works on week end ? I don't know how things work so I'll keep what I think to myself because I'm ignorant.
    But launching a big update right before a weekend off.... Bad idea. :(
    CLSJedi wrote: »
    The **** of this whole thing is they will give a reward for everyone. So, the ones that didn't get the rewards will still be at a disadvantage. This whole game is nothing but a game of lottery, why do I bother playing.
    This is the main frustrating point.

The reason that no one was working this weekend was because it’s a holiday weekend in the USA
  • Any news? I did not recive the rewards
  • Katun78 wrote: »
    Any news? I did not recive the rewards

Look for some word and maybe rewards tomorrow. Anywhere from 12- 5 PST
  • People should be able to enjoy the holiday weekend, no doubt. The only grievance is that time and again, they've botched fixes that were supposed to be live by cob Friday, but weren't. Not learning from past mistakes is certainly annoying.
  • Spyro324 wrote: »
    The reason that no one was working this weekend was because it’s a holiday weekend in the USA
    Monday is a Bank Holiday in the UK.
    Do you mean the same for the US, that Monday is a public holiday?

I worked in investment banking for over 20 years, Bank Holiday weekend meant nothing with regards to working, or not. Neither did the actual Bank Holiday, especially if something was implemented that broke things or did not have the desired effect.

In those situations, there was no public holiday. It was all about getting it fixed & correct before the start of the next business day.

Appreciate that the industry sector is different, but it doesn't explain why the MO should be.
  • CantWithAU
    158 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    People should be able to enjoy the holiday weekend, no doubt. The only grievance is that time and again, they've botched fixes that were supposed to be live by cob Friday, but weren't. Not learning from past mistakes is certainly annoying.
    It's not a holiday weekend, though. There is no such thing. Weekends are always holiday for people working Mon - Fri.
    The public holiday (singular day) is on Monday, not Saturday or Sunday.

If you fly out on Monday, to go on holiday abroad, would you consider the Saturday before you leave to be part of your holiday?
  • LukeDukem8
    607 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    To me the most frustrating part is we (the paying customers) had to go 4 days over a holiday weekend without the rewards. Both ipd and hyoda would have been 7* for me. So a weekend where i had spare time and could test things out and enjoy the game play, is now just a source of frustration.

All they had to do was release on wed or thurs...and make sure everything went smoothly heading into a 3 day weekend. Their track record would warrant the release date. But instead they chose to ignore their past. Its sad, that a game has to be a source of frustration and we have to question their decisions.

This shouldnt be that hard when you talk about a for profit company. But i suppose their was no reveune in keeping to a promised reward schedule, so it was low on the priority board for them.

For the record, i would never expect anyone to work over a weekend. Life is meant to be lived outside of work. So i kind of figured tuesday would be it, but the fact that this could have been avoided by just a little pre planning.
  • Logging in every hour trying to force pull my rewards into my inbox like4624179-6703662843-4klAg.gif
  • I got mine, but I must agree with the "Friday and go home for a weekend" release shenanigans. They've done it before, in numerous releases and patches and updates, and it never bodes well.

Has history taught you nothing? @CG_Carrie

Drop it on a Thursday morning, that gives you two days to make sure things are smooth. $11 million a month surely buys us that...
  • Saskia2
    22 posts Member
    I can’t believe that I still have not received my rewards. Customer Support is extremely unhelpful and not knowledgeable about the issue at all. I am so upset about this!
  • I have not gotten anything yet, no rewards have come.

But what we really deserve from support is at least information in the sense when we can finally expect remediation.

This type od non-communication, this informative "silence" is something I do not think is right and what is an absolute communication error with us as customers.
  • It's Memorial Holiday...not supposed to be at work. Would you prefer a Droid to respond?
  • Dosky
    13 posts Member
    Still nothing here
  • Hecateus wrote: »
    It's Memorial Holiday...not supposed to be at work. Would you prefer a Droid to respond?

Get this, the internet doesn't take days off, doesn't celebrate holidays, and is accessible through a multitude of wireless devices which aren't tethered to a work desk.

Amazing, ain't it?
  • Hecateus wrote: »
    It's Memorial Holiday...not supposed to be at work. Would you prefer a Droid to respond?

If you break something for your customers you fix it, holiday or not. Plenty of people have to work on weekends and holidays to fix problems or deal with customer issues. Just because it's a holiday it doesn't give them a Get Out of Jail Free card. Folks should take some responsibility once in a while.
  • Same here
  • Problem they had honestly is they promised rewards would have arrived. They really need to say rewards will arrive between x day and x day that’s 4 days later.
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • This could have something to do with the delay: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/171069/in-memory-of-c3po-Δπ2/p1

So chill out people. I haven't gotten rewards yet either, but I mean... priorities. Not the end of the world if I have to wait a little longer.
  • This could have something to do with the delay: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/171069/in-memory-of-c3po-Δπ2/p1

So chill out people. I haven't gotten rewards yet either, but I mean... priorities. Not the end of the world if I have to wait a little longer.

This is absolutely tragic and terrible. It's reprehensible, though, to use that kind of tragedy in an effort to excuse this situation. The two issues are completely unrelated.
  • This is absolutely tragic and terrible. It's reprehensible, though, to use that kind of tragedy in an effort to excuse this situation. The two issues are completely unrelated.

It helps to actually read the post about it instead of just jumping down my throat. It specifically said that devs, support staff, etc.. were trying to coordinate to reach out and get the individual help. I have no idea how many people this game employs, and how many were involved in their efforts mentioned in that post, and neither do you.

So before acting like a smart ****, maybe learn some humility, and chill out for a while. It's a mobile game. We can handle a minor delay in rewards.
  • This is absolutely tragic and terrible. It's reprehensible, though, to use that kind of tragedy in an effort to excuse this situation. The two issues are completely unrelated.

It helps to actually read the post about it instead of just jumping down my throat. It specifically said that devs, support staff, etc.. were trying to coordinate to reach out and get the individual help. I have no idea how many people this game employs, and how many were involved in their efforts mentioned in that post, and neither do you.

So before acting like a smart ****, maybe learn some humility, and chill out for a while. It's a mobile game. We can handle a minor delay in rewards.

It's not even about the rewards anymore. It's about the continued disdainful treatment of the playerbase by the people that run this game. And call me all the names you like, but I will never sink to the level of dragging such an intimate loss and tragedy into this kind of argument. It's disgusting. End of.
  • You misunderstand. I haven't been part of this discussion, although I've been checking in because I haven't gotten my rewards either. Normally these rewards are automated - the reason they're having problems is because of volume and because they had to do something different since they just rolled out a major update.

I posted because it seemed relevant. Neither of us know how much the devs/staff of this game were involved in trying to prevent what happened, nor for that matter how it affected them, as this kind of thing can be psychologically heavy even for people indirectly involved.

You don't see it that way, and you're entitled to your opinion. If you want to continue arguing with other people in this thread about how the devs handled this or other issues, feel free to. There are certainly aspects of this game that could be improved on.

I have not called you any names, despite what you said, however you've repeatedly accused me of "politicizing a tragedy" when the statement by the players guild explicitly stated that devs and staff were involved in trying to prevent what happened. In this case, I can *very* easily see this taking an emotional toll on their staff. It's important to remember that games aren't just designed by robots (yet anyway).

On one hand this is just a game. On the other, it's reasonable to be frustrated with unresponsive devs. If you're set on continuing to argue with everyone, nothing I can say will stop you.

My sole point was to have some compassion for everyone involved, and maybe some perspective.

• Spyro324
    107 posts Member
    Hecateus wrote: »

Get this, the internet doesn't take days off, doesn't celebrate holidays, and is accessible through a multitude of wireless devices which aren't tethered to a work desk.

Amazing, ain't it?

Throughout the day I have my phone on me all day and how hard is it to look on the forums here and just post “ sorry we screwed up.”
    Except I’m not sure they “think” they “ screwed up” nd if you don’t have internet then let me introduce you to my best friend: data!
    How hard is it to take 5 min. And scroll through to see that a lot of the fan base is mad because something didn’t go as planed on a holiday weekend.

• I could definitely use them rewards right about now.
  • So, let‘s see if my rewards are going to come today....
  • The irony that this whole debacle was their solution to not causing a debacle by running TB during an update.

An ounce of perspective is still required. Yes we lost some crystals that would have been better spent on double drops. Some people may have missed small opportunities to use chars (HYoda/Wampa) in one raid. Ultimately if (and at this stage it remains quite a big if) all relevant TB rewards are correctly pushed today then they have eventually got everyone mostly back on the straight and narrow.

However it’s time to properly hold your hands up and explain just how you managed to get something like this so wrong. It’s happened before, this isn’t a new thing and this was your solution it wasn’t supposed to be the problem.
  • Still nothing................
This discussion has been closed.