Trying my best to not farm the wrong team .. empire and beyond

So I have a decent Phoenix team and now I am working on empire team so I can get my r2d2 to 7 stars next time he come around.

At one time I was told to run the Following team
Lead - Darth Vader
Royal Guard
Grand Moff Tarkin
TIE Fighter Pilot
Death Trooper

I have all but TIE Fighter Pilot and Death Trooper at 7*

I recently got a 7* Emperor Palpatine and was wondering should I sub out anyone for him or go with what I was told before?

https://swgoh.gg/u/mrmadison/

In addition after I complete this team what should I focus on next? I am active in my guild so want to make sure I can do well there and working hard on getting teams to gear level 12. Just not to sure and I have wasted time and money over the years. So any help would be greatly appreciated

Replies

• ZCD_9915
    356 posts Member
    mrmadison wrote: »
    So I have a decent Phoenix team and now I am working on empire team so I can get my r2d2 to 7 stars next time he come around.

At one time I was told to run the Following team
    Lead - Darth Vader
    Royal Guard
    Grand Moff Tarkin
    TIE Fighter Pilot
    Death Trooper

I have all but TIE Fighter Pilot and Death Trooper at 7*

I recently got a 7* Emperor Palpatine and was wondering should I sub out anyone for him or go with what I was told before?

https://swgoh.gg/u/mrmadison/

In addition after I complete this team what should I focus on next? I am active in my guild so want to make sure I can do well there and working hard on getting teams to gear level 12. Just not to sure and I have wasted time and money over the years. So any help would be greatly appreciated

It's not very easy to farm death trooper so you might be better off going for someone else. TFP is good anyway so definitely farm him.
    That team should work though.
  • So no Emperor Palpatine ?
    I have him at level 72 and it’s 3.5 mil to take to 85. Don’t wanna waste the money if he isn’t gonna add anything to the team.
  • mrmadison wrote: »
    So no Emperor Palpatine ?
    I have him at level 72 and it’s 3.5 mil to take to 85. Don’t wanna waste the money if he isn’t gonna add anything to the team.

If you have Palp you should for sure run him, one of the best leaders in the game atm
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    For sure run Palp. Deathtrooper and TFP are both very good...I would say Deathtrooper is better hands down. However, he will take twice as long to farm. I would see how many shards you have left of each, and estimate what you can spend on refreshes each day. The drop rate is about 1/3 for cantina toons. Without refreshes: for TFP, you will get about 16.5 battles a day, or 5.5 shards. For DT, 10.3 battles, or 3.4 shards.

I believe TFP has also now been added to fleet store, though I wouldn't spend fleet credits on him unless you get desperate.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    You could always replace Tarkin too if you get them both 7*.

Also, moving to R2 event sub.
  • Emperor over Vader for leader ? I have 13 of 100 for death trooper and 4/100 for tfp but everyone else i listed is at 7star and 85 other then emperor
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    If you have a zeta on Vader's lead, go for it, but otherwise Palp might work better.
  • Vader lead is generally only good for rancor raids. Palpatine’s lead is far better than Vader’s.
  • Palp/Vader/Tarkin/TFP/DT. Forget RG. Just make sure Vader is fast and Palp is lead.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • ZCD_9915
    356 posts Member
    mrmadison wrote: »
    So no Emperor Palpatine ?

100000000000000000% use Palatine if you can. Don't worry as much about training as much as gear and mods
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    Ok, my brother is gunning for R2 and only has 5* Emperor. Has the option of either Tarkin or Vader to lead, which one would provide the best overall benefit?
  • Double zeta on Palp is freakin awesome. Once I did that, I easily raised 50 or more spots in the arena.