Kit Reveal: Enfys Nest

Prev1345
GAWS
3 posts Member
edited June 2018
UNIT NAME: Enfys Nest
ALIGNMENT:Light
CATEGORIES: Scoundrel, Attacker
Powerhouse attacker that stacks Protection when attacked, then dismantles enemy defenses with Dispels and Turn Meter manipulation

yc5izcn2r9a1.gif

ABILITIES:

Basic: CUT THROUGH
x24rixy8nx7n.gif

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and Expose them for 1 turn. If the target had any defensive buffs, Dispel them. This attack can't be Evaded.

Special 1: SUDDEN IMPACT (Cooldown 3)
2lhtt3f1c25w.gif

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy, Stun them for 1 turn, and inflict Buff Immunity for 3 turns. If the target had any Protection, this attack deals 50% more damage and ignores Armor.

Special 2: KINETITE CHARGE (Cooldown 4)
kk31uf2i54z8.gif

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to all enemies, Daze them for 2 turns, remove 20% Turn Meter from each enemy that had full Health, and gain 40% Turn Meter for each enemy with less than full Health. This attack can't be Countered or Evaded.

Unique: FIGHTING INSTINCT
FINAL TEXT: Nest has +80% Counter Chance and ignores Taunt during Nest’s turn.

Whenever Nest is damaged by an attack, the character gains +30% Critical Chance and 40% Bonus Protection (stacking). This Bonus Protection increases by an additional 40% each time. Both bonuses expire and reset at the end of Nest’s next turn.

Whenever an enemy loses a buff or debuff, Nest gains +2% Critical Damage and Healthsteal (stacking) for the rest of the battle.

GAME CHANGERS

WarriorPresents
https://youtu.be/smxlz8jBK5M

Nukin
https://youtu.be/xWCW7fJsSAc

Lolindir (Spanish)
https://youtu.be/H44XICtRDVI

Aramor (Russian)
https://youtu.be/hQ7A58LD8N8

FAQ: Latest Updates in Red

Why doesn't Buff Immunity or Healing Immunity prevent Nest's ability to regain protection?
  • Nest gains bonus Max Protection which cannot be prevented. This bonus Protection is not a buff (positive status effect) and therefore not prevented by Buff Immunity.
    Healing Immunity also doesn't prevent Nest gaining Protection due to her unique ability "adding" new Protection and not "healing" existing missing protection. This is also therefore not considered healing a character.

How can she take on 5 characters by herself and not die?
  • Nest’s unique kit requires you to not just attack her repeatedly but be mindful of when you decide to take her out. You need to do a couple high damage attacks and then leave her alone until she attacks and sets all her protection back to zero.
    The AI on defense is not great at understanding how to stop her from gaining tons of protection but a smart player will be able to counter her abilities and remember that she gains increasing amounts of protection each time you hit her until the end of her turn.

How Nest is even beatable?!?!? She's super OP!!!
  • If you aren't trying to focus on attacking her you can keeping her from taking a turn with stuns or stop her counter attacking with daze abilities. If you are trying to finish her off, Fracture or Turn Meter removal can be detrimental in this pursuit! This will give her more chances to get those unique stacks of protection and become very hard to defeat until she takes a turn.
    In short, you don't want to hit her with a large number of attacks before she has a chance to attack back. High damage, single shot attacks are her worst nightmare.
    Nest’s unique mechanics mean that many standard strategies won’t work when she’s on the team so we expect there be a bit of learning curve before folks start really figuring out how to defeat her efficiently.

Are you going to nerf her kit already?!?!?!
  • We have no plans to modify her balance at this time. We expect her to be a great character to slot into a wide variety of teams and that she will be a strong answer to teams that prevent characters from taking turns. As with all characters, we will be monitoring Nest’s balance and re-evaluate if her performance is out of line.

Post edited by CG_SBCrumb on

Replies

• Anakinagabey
    61 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    ****, dat unique seems so promising
  • wow looks great
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Wow. She is such a cool character too
  • Melvil
    242 posts Member
    Man I'm so obsessed with this game...I was seeing the movie the other day and when the scene came my first thought was "OK, this one is going to have an AoE in Galaxy of heroes" :D Looks like a promising kit though....let see how it plays in reality bu still looks more PvE oriented and not so much PVP....
  • Yet another unavoidable-attacking, stupidly overpowered LS character. It would be great if CG would get off the LS nuts long enough to give the dark characters with as much utility.
  • So... you acknowledged a while ago you were woefully stacked characterwise in LS favor. You introduced three new LS already. Will there be some new DS from this? Mud troopers etc?
  • Interesting that this character doesn’t have the prepared feature. Very very interesting.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Simmer down. The current dominant meta team is dark side, which just got a bunch of stuff, and the bounty hunters just got a bunch of PvE toys. Now, light side is getting some stuff. And Solo releases are still ongoing.

Surprised this one doesn't interact with the Prepared mechanic.

That AoE daze could be very useful for sending Scoundrels against Palpatine.
    Still not a he.
  • ScotfDulea
    32 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I think we will get Lando and that Alien Pilot which was voiced by Jon Favreau and Woody Harrelson’s character then Dryden Voss, Mudtrooper and Rangetrooper, with a Maul rework.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    ScotfDulea wrote: »
    I think we will get Lando and that Alien Pilot which was voiced by Jon Favreau and Woody Harrelson’s character then Dryden Voss, Mudtrooper and Rangetrooper, with a Maul rework.

Bite your tongue with who mention. Hasn't even been a week yet!
  • SPOILER WARNING ^
  • Yet another unavoidable-attacking, **** overpowered LS character. It would be great if CG would get off the LS nuts long enough to give the dark characters with as much utility.

You do realise that this year alone Sith got so much catering to it became THE meta right? Dark Side got a lot, were you sleeping under a rock?
  • God kit alert.
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    ScotfDulea wrote: »
    Interesting that this character doesn’t have the prepared feature. Very very interesting.
    Because she's not on the team that raid kessel mines. Well I guess.
  • I Just Got This Character, Semms Like A Good Fit With The Other Solo Characters
  • SuperPat384
    70 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Another Thing Is It Seems Like It Could Be Part Of An AoE team to fight JTR
  • "Whenever Nest is damaged by an attack, the character gains +30% Critical Chance and 40% Bonus Protection (stacking)."

So if your attack doesn't do greater than 40% of the protection in 1 hit, then you will lose because after that the protection pool just keeps getting larger?
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Or you heal block, or plague, or annihilate...
    Still not a he.
  • Can you clarify the stacking bonus protection mechanic? Does this mean this second time she is damaged she gets an additional 80% for a total of 120%? Or 80% total?
  • Can you clarify the stacking bonus protection mechanic? Does this mean this second time she is damaged she gets an additional 80% for a total of 120%? Or 80% total?

80% total
  • Uh ... 40% bonus protection on damage? Good gravy.
  • Uh ... 40% bonus protection on damage? Good gravy.

If it was easy to farm this character withought paying then the arena would be full with Enfys Nest
  • ...and impressive stats too, speed 159 @ 7*G12+3 unmodded

https://swgoh.gg/characters/enfys-nest/
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    I can see I'm going to hate this character on a Chaze initial release level.

No idea who or what she is, but the kit looks fun.
  • VaexquaGer wrote: »
    ...and impressive stats too, speed 159 @ 7*G12+3 unmodded

https://swgoh.gg/characters/enfys-nest/

Imagine using this in a team with wampa
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Does Enfys have the highest base speed in the game? Gear 1 lvl 1 is 110 speed
  • Ignores Taunt. Oh, well that's nice.
  • The speed comes from her lovely shoes, comfy and sporty, but yet elegant...
    :*
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    I am more surprised she doesn't have a
    Rebel tag
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    VaexquaGer wrote: »
    The speed comes from her lovely shoes, comfy and sporty, but yet elegant...
    :*

Yeah, didnt notice in the movie she was wearing Vans.

That said, liked in the movie, kit looks cool. Guess we are missing Beckett (who was awesome) and Lando and the Vision guy?

Is it fair that Woody Harrelson just plays himself in every movie and I still like all of his characters? Because I do.