surviving airstrikes in AAT

In p4, after i topple the tank, when it comes back online and the airstrike triggers, it wipes half my team away…
Here's one team i use:
Vader (L) g10
GMT g10
Dooku g11
Thrawn g10
Palp g10

all 7* with decent mods…don't know what I'm missing to survive those airstrikes…I'm ending up doing more dmg NOT toppling the tank just so i keep my toons alive…

is my gear still too low? this is AAT not HAAT…

Replies

• You can’t topple in p4 unless you have a team buff, any char that has no buffs is hit with massive damage off topple, which is why your empire squad does not work well with toppling

If you have a char that can buff the squad, swap that one in for dooku, who is marginal at best in tank, and you will fare much much better,
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Shore would be good on that team. But others with team buff can work... Rex, RG, Lumi... Your palp can time his health gain up buff just right also. But you'll probably need some kind of heal (again shore would be good).
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Jup, your team needs to have a buff active to survive the airstrike.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Raid Han is great for giving buffs and dealing big damage.
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    KrahnacK wrote: »
    all 7* with decent mods…don't know what I'm missing to survive those airstrikes…I'm ending up doing more dmg NOT toppling the tank just so i keep my toons alive…

I actually did the same in AAT when I was first getting going. If you don't have a toon that can reliably give your whole squad a buff to survive the airstrike, this is not a bad strategy. But you'll want to get a reliable buff for everyone in order to increase your damage.

Keep in mind the buff doesn't matter. Offense up, crit chance up, foresight...anything that is a buff will keep your toons alive after topple.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Thanks a lot for the tip!! here i was thinking the airstrike dmg was highly random ^^

• TVF
    36568 posts Member
    Incidentally it's the same in P3. The damage from the canon is greatly reduced if you're buffed.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    KrahnacK wrote: »
    Thanks a lot for the tip!! here i was thinking the airstrike dmg was highly random ^^

If you want to use your current team you can use palpatines aoe before the tank comes off topple.
  • It also helps if you read the details tabs under the raid :wink: in this situation under the "danger close" part
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    It also helps if you read the details tabs under the raid :wink: in this situation under the "danger close" part

I think most people just hop in and start swinging haymakers. Same goes for P3 when the main cannon fires. Have buffs or you're dead.

RTFP people, particularly those new to the raids.
  • YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    This is the reason I levelled and geared my NS Initiate. Literally the only place I've ever used her.
  • This is why Princess Leia shines in P4.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    It also helps if you read the details tabs under the raid :wink: in this situation under the "danger close" part

I think most people just hop in and start swinging haymakers. Same goes for P3 when the main cannon fires. Have buffs or you're dead.

RTFP people, particularly those new to the raids.

Alot of that comes with laziness I think lol. So much can be learned about the the game IN game and here. For example, I used to offer advice on the "can I get thrawn/bb8/r2/etc. With this squad?" Threads all the time. But now I skip over that because there's literally hundreds of the exact same question and answers in their respective subforums.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Alot of that comes with laziness I think lol. So much can be learned about the the game IN game and here. For example, I used to offer advice on the "can I get thrawn/bb8/r2/etc. With this squad?" Threads all the time. But now I skip over that because there's literally hundreds of the exact same question and answers in their respective subforums.

First, I completely agree. It's like Nihilus in the Sith raid. Everyone complains but doesn't read the fine print.

Second, I do occasionally ask because some people almost "brag/boast" when they ask about a squad. Like: "Here's my 75k power, all G11/12 Phoenix Squad with Zetas. Can I get a 5* Thrawn"?

I asked recently about First Order for BB8 because my setup is different than most and only decently geared. I also am trying to get my Empire up at the same time for R2 so trying to effectively allocate resources.