Kit Reveal: Enfys Nest

Replies

• kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    So this temporary protection gain - heal immunity doesn't prevent it, shock doesn't prevent it, and nor does buff immunity. Plague looks like it might work as it damages health directly, except that Enfys also has stacking health steal which could potentially remove it. Sith trooper and assassin might work with their protection bypass attacks, and of course nihilus with Annhilate would trump all, and maybe Fett's execute or vader's culling if you could stack enough status effects or debuffs.
    It seems like there was an oversight here, or there's a kit or overhaul coming to counter. But as it is, options to counter seem pretty limited.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • She is way more than that one fight scene though. And she might lead to Saw at some point.
  • @CoastalJames -- can you elevate the protection gain/regen issue to the devs so there can hopefully be a quick response today on whether it's WAI that it ignores every negative status effect that might otherwise prevent it? I know people in my guild are looking at possibly 7* her, and a quick response might prevent refund issues if it turns out to not be WAI.

My friend, I appreciate the vote of confidence, but I have no more less power than you. I just lean on my broom, smoking cigarettes and occasionally tidying up :wink:

Moderators have repeatedly said on here that they have the ability to bring things to the devs attention from the forums. You should ask them how now that you have the green banner ;)

Maybe then there are mods...and then there are mods lol ;)

The Green Banner of Righteousness!

xvj89ljb2snf.png

Lmao on a scale of Coastal James to Kyno
    Where do we place these mods.

• SwiftMooky wrote: »
    Durango wrote: »
    And again, I'll just say as I have said on other threads, I'm puzzled as to why a minor character with one good fight scene gets such a monstrous kit.

She will figure prominently in the next two Han Solo movies I imagine.
  • Nokhai
    174 posts Member
    Love her!Quite an interesting character and could make a great asset to a CLS lead team with R2,Raid Han,GK+1.Mine doesn't have the perfect mods on here (just some tenacity+potency for speed) but at G9 she already has more than 224 speed.She looks promising.Her zeta might actually worth the investment.
  • @CoastalJames -- can you elevate the protection gain/regen issue to the devs so there can hopefully be a quick response today on whether it's WAI that it ignores every negative status effect that might otherwise prevent it? I know people in my guild are looking at possibly 7* her, and a quick response might prevent refund issues if it turns out to not be WAI.

My friend, I appreciate the vote of confidence, but I have no more less power than you. I just lean on my broom, smoking cigarettes and occasionally tidying up :wink:

Moderators have repeatedly said on here that they have the ability to bring things to the devs attention from the forums. You should ask them how now that you have the green banner ;)

xvj89ljb2snf.png

@Kyno -- can you teach CJ the power? And also elevate the protection gain/regen WAI question to the devs?
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    She's OP and a full scoundrel team with other SOLO characters will probably make some steps in the meta as soon as they make them farmable (I just hope to not step on too much shoppers with the whole team 7* and g12 before they are farmable). I'm obviously including a fifth character from the others they'll make, like Beckett, Lando, L3 or the crazed dude with knives.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    I can't wait to see a TW territory made up of squads with Wampas and ENs.
    It's like the devs took all the feedback about P1 nihilus being OP and holding all the aces, and said "we can make a character like that!" <high fives>
    ...fondly remembering the OP discussions of chaze...
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Yeah, now that I see her protection gain isn't hindered by buff block, shock, fracture, healing immunity, or any form of cleanse I have to strongly question that kit, because she's just ignoring the effects that are supposed to stop regenerating walls of meat from doing just that.
    Still not a he.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5ETn6j6mZ0

I can’t understand how this can pass beta test...
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5ETn6j6mZ0

I can’t understand how this can pass beta test...

If it’s WAI ((unlikely) then only DN can kill Enfys...similar to how Baze used to be.
  • Just wait for the “correction” to the wording of the part that makes her OP.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    @CoastalJames -- can you elevate the protection gain/regen issue to the devs so there can hopefully be a quick response today on whether it's WAI that it ignores every negative status effect that might otherwise prevent it? I know people in my guild are looking at possibly 7* her, and a quick response might prevent refund issues if it turns out to not be WAI.

xvj89ljb2snf.png

Kyno -- can you teach CJ the power? And also elevate the protection gain/regen WAI question to the devs?

Soon....

New guy is working on finding out the details for us common folk
  • I can’t see it being wai lmao but! I have completely wrong with this stuff before.
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    edited June 2018
    Hi folks, here are some answers:

Why doesn't Buff Immunity or Healing Immunity prevent Nest's ability to regain protection?
    • Nest gains bonus Max Protection which cannot be prevented. This bonus Protection is not a buff (positive status effect) and therefore not prevented by Buff Immunity.
      Healing Immunity also doesn't prevent Nest gaining Protection due to her unique ability "adding" new Protection and not "healing" existing missing protection. This is also therefore not considered healing a character.

How can she take on 5 characters by herself and not die?
    • Nest’s unique kit requires you to not just attack her repeatedly but be mindful of when you decide to take her out. You need to do a couple high damage attacks and then leave her alone until she attacks and sets all her protection back to zero.
      The AI on defense is not great at understanding how to stop her from gaining tons of protection but a smart player will be able to counter her abilities and remember that she gains increasing amounts of protection each time you hit her until the end of her turn.

How Nest is even beatable?!?!? She's super OP!!!
    • If you aren't trying to focus on attacking her you can keeping her from taking a turn with stuns or stop her counter attacking with daze abilities. If you are trying to finish her off, Fracture or Turn Meter removal can be detrimental in this pursuit! This will give her more chances to get those unique stacks of protection and become very hard to defeat until she takes a turn.
      In short, you don't want to hit her with a large number of attacks before she has a chance to attack back. High damage, single shot attacks are her worst nightmare.
      Nest’s unique mechanics mean that many standard strategies won’t work when she’s on the team so we expect there be a bit of learning curve before folks start really figuring out how to defeat her efficiently.

Are you going to nerf her kit already?!?!?!
    • We have no plans to modify her balance at this time. We expect her to be a great character to slot into a wide variety of teams and that she will be a strong answer to teams that prevent characters from taking turns. As with all characters, we will be monitoring Nest’s balance and re-evaluate if her performance is out of line.
    Post edited by CG_SBCrumb on
  • Vinny_Vader_Vedi
    4626 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I can’t see it being wai lmao but! I have completely wrong with this stuff before.

^^ I am such an ****
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    well, okay then...
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • @CG_SBCrumb -- so since the gain is not a "positive status effect" isolate from Traya won't stop it either?
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    @CG_SBCrumb -- so since the gain is not a "positive status effect" isolate from Traya won't stop it either?
    Correct, Traya's Isolate will not stop Nest from gaining protection with her unique
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    So, she requires one to play smart, not just hit with everything. And the forum goes insane. Well, that tells us a thing or two...
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    So, she requires one to play smart, not just hit with everything. And the forum goes insane. Well, that tells us a thing or two...

Suddenly I love this new toon.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Might be working as intended, but how she breaks P4 clearly shows the Devs did a terrible job at planning:

muvfstq5rw1y.jpeg
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Nice. From the devs - Nest is working as intended and she’s OP af. I love toons like this, seriously. Time to gear her up!
  • Oh wait, what am I thinking? “In the spirit of the game” there will be obvious Raid changes. :D
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • but really in that raid pic above how much actual dmg is she doing or did? Wheres the end pic with the score? if she's just taking dmg and not dying quick then who cares.. now if she is doing a few mil dmg on her own then lets talk.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Then Enfys gets a turn, the protection resets, and she's not in a position to survive.
    Still not a he.
  • Anex
    20 posts Member
    @Boomer8800 I agree with your sentiment though I believe the pic was to illustrate something that I'd imagine was not intended. They've screwed up the bonds of weakness on damage interaction on so many toons now, you'd think they'd check this stuff with new ones before release. I hate seeing nerfs...get it right the first time.

That said, a toon that's effectively immune to everything but BIG damage (which toons outside of DN, IPD, and Zavage do that again?) and those that ignore armor is great by me. I will enjoy putting my 3 * G11 Destiny toon in my arena team and watching the flood of anger from my shard mates roll in :P
  • SuperPat384
    70 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    @CG_SBCrumb Will there be a spot in cantina battles to farm Her? or maybe in dark/light side hard battles?
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Will there be a spot in cantina battles to farm Her? or maybe in dark/light side hard battles?
    The character release cadence is still 4-6 weeks to shipments, then 4-6 weeks to some form of F2P. Whether it's a cantina node, a hard node, or possibly one of the new ship battle nodes that's upcoming.
    Still not a he.