So many sidelined....

As I progress in this game, I have so many unfarmed characters. It's a shame but part of the game. I picked up Darth Vader a week ago and sadly once again, I looked at my remaining achievements and realize he can never be grown to full 7*,even if I paid. What is the sense in farming him if he's stuck at 4*??? What have others done???

Replies

• You finish the current list of achievement. They give you a new one. Technically you can, but it's pretty hard.
  • I wish they picked someone else to do this to because I love Vader from the movies. They really should put Vader in one of the shipment areas and switch gears and replace him with Yoda, possibly the most popular overlooked characters.....
  • One cool thing about this game is that you dont really need to have 7* characters. The growth curve is parabolic, with 4* and 5* straddling the apex. To field a character, it really needs to be 4*. No surprise that the 80 shard unlock get a hero there. My 5* heroes hold their own and even excel.
    As for vader, he is strong at 4*, and is/will be a viable character at 5* even in an arena filled with 7* heroes. The climb to 7* is just icing, and primarily benifits mirror matches.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • You have a point Pilot, I didn't see that angle. I've got him sitting though because all my current primary characters are higher than level 4 and he would be my weak link for now perhaps although I saw your thoughts on 6 and 7*....
  • Yeah vader is solid....helps in gw....and when u can get 4+ negative effect on a defending toon....his culling blade will hit 8k+.....I'm sure as the game progresses, we'll be able to farm him.....n a new sought after toon will be a pain to aquire n farm haha
  • Yoda could fix this imbalance in the force here!!! It still shocks me he was excluded. They should make him open at 6* and make him unique, also more difficult to open. Second, he should fairly be the toughest player, going by the movies. I like to see characters represented accurately....
  • You can be sure Yoda will be added, many characters have yet to be added, Jedi Knight Luke, Obi Wan Kenobi, Jango, Cody and Grevieous for example. I'd imagine Yoda was excluded from day one release to build hype up for him.

And as far as power goes, he should be on par with Sideous, high evade and the ability to absorb and deflect dark side abilities.

I'm waiting patiently for Emperor Palpatine :) force lighting master.
  • Yoda and Jedi Luke are already in the game as opponents, it's just a matter of time before they become available for play.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • You can be sure Yoda will be added, many characters have yet to be added, Jedi Knight Luke, Obi Wan Kenobi, Jango, Cody and Grevieous for example. I'd imagine Yoda was excluded from day one release to build hype up for him.

And as far as power goes, he should be on par with Sideous, high evade and the ability to absorb and deflect dark side abilities.

That would certainly be cool but it's weird, I envision Yoda being a super healer. It would fit with his peaceful manner. He didn't really fight unless forced...

That would certainly be cool but it's weird, I envision Yoda being a super healer. It would fit with his peaceful manner. He didn't really fight unless forced...

All Jedi are inherently peaceful, minus a couple exceptions, doesn't stop them being skilled combatants, Yoda is no different.

Think back to the Clone Wars, Yoda immediately became the general/supreme commander etc of the Clone forces (Obviously Palpatine was the true commander, but prior to order 66, Yoda was in control)

We have to assume that the reason why Yoda was picked by the council so readily is that in his 800 years prior to epi 1, he had military and war experience. You can also see he took to the front lines at the battle of Genosis at the forward command centre. He's also trained Dooku, one of the best swordsman of his time, held his own against Dooku, and against Palpatine numerous times.

Yes he most likely has a strong healing mastery, just as he has a strong mastery in other aspects in the force including material manipulation and deflection. And despite his age, he's very sprite in combat, drawing on the force to fuel his body despite the obstacles of old age. So no, it wouldn't be weird at all having him as a strong attacker :)
  • Destark
    81 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    This game is based off Heroes of Dragon Age, you bet there will be weekly events on farming one specific character, and a lots of updates, so I wont be worried about getting any hero to 7* eventually, Im still waiting for Revan and Satele Shan release~
  • If you think about it makes perfect sense for Vader to be the one through achievements and no other way to get him. Why? Because he is the one character everyone wants. Seeing how everyone wants him it encourages people to spend money, to get the achievements to get him. That's not hard to figure that out.

But he is really powerful. And they did him right ( except would like to see a force choke skill ) and made him every bit worth it he achievements. Dots, a skill that adds dmg with neg effects on target and if he kills with it gets a 100% turn timer, plus ability block on normal attack. He is a beast.
  • Pure_Pazaak
    386 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Breetai wrote: »
    If you think about it makes perfect sense for Vader to be the one through achievements and no other way to get him. Why? Because he is the one character everyone wants. Seeing how everyone wants him it encourages people to spend money, to get the achievements to get him. That's not hard to figure that out.

But he is really powerful. And they did him right ( except would like to see a force choke skill ) and made him every bit worth it he achievements. Dots, a skill that adds dmg with neg effects on target and if he kills with it gets a 100% turn timer, plus ability block on normal attack. He is a beast.

Force Crush is sort of the upgraded, more violent version of Force Choke. They just made it into an AoE for his kit to have synergy in applying the debuff. They can't all resist the DoT (usually). It's technically in the same family of telekinetic dark side powers as Force Choke. Listed here, in the dark side section:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Telekinesis/Legends#Choking_powers.23Force_crush
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"