Kit Reveal: Enfys Nest

Replies

• YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Will there be a spot in cantina battles to farm Her? or maybe in dark/light side hard battles?
    The character release cadence is still 4-6 weeks to shipments, then 4-6 weeks to some form of F2P. Whether it's a cantina node, a hard node, or possibly one of the new ship battle nodes that's upcoming.

Ok, cus I am f2p And was wondering how to get it to 7 stars later on.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Will there be a spot in cantina battles to farm Her? or maybe in dark/light side hard battles?
    The character release cadence is still 4-6 weeks to shipments, then 4-6 weeks to some form of F2P. Whether it's a cantina node, a hard node, or possibly one of the new ship battle nodes that's upcoming.

Ok, cus I am f2p And was wondering how to get it to 7 stars later on.

They usually announce where to farm as they turn F2P.
  • DarthScott
    292 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi folks, here are some answers:

How can she take on 5 characters by herself and not die?
    • Nest’s unique kit requires you to not just attack her repeatedly but be mindful of when you decide to take her out. You need to do a couple high damage attacks and then leave her alone until she attacks and sets all her protection back to zero.
      The AI on defense is not great at understanding how to stop her from gaining tons of protection but a smart player will be able to counter her abilities and remember that she gains increasing amounts of protection each time you hit her until the end of her turn.

@CG_SBCrumb Quite frankly, this is just poor game design. Please don't release characters that you know and admit your AI can't fight against. You did it with NS Zombie, and now have done it again with Nest. When you do this you do two things:
    - you give people free wins in TW, cheapening that entire experience
    - you penalize anyone who actually tries to field good arena teams

Giving everyone a free easy "win button" because of a gap in your AI is lazy and makes this a much worse gaming experience.

• I find enfys nest to just be another cash grab for EA. EA seems to have just thrown the whole strategy part out the window with this character. My team is a well balanced one that works with assists, heals, buffs, and stuns. Having a toon like enfys nest around causes a team like mine, which has been able to conquer almost every Emporer Palpetine team in my 2 year old shard, to become absolete, she’s essentially a strategy killer. I’ve beaten her, but with many attempts beforehand. Step up your game EA, or a lot more of your pay to win player base will leave.
  • DarthScott
    292 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I find enfys nest to just be another cash grab for EA. EA seems to have just thrown the whole strategy part out the window with this character. My team is a well balanced one that works with assists, heals, buffs, and stuns. Having a toon like enfys nest around causes a team like mine, which has been able to conquer almost every Emporer Palpetine team in my 2 year old shard, to become absolete, she’s essentially a strategy killer. I’ve beaten her, but with many attempts beforehand. Step up your game EA, or a lot more of your pay to win player base will leave.

It isn't even a cash grab, because g10 is, 4* is good enough on offense when the AI can't fight her. Which makes it even lazier
  • Atlas1 wrote: »
    Is it consensus that Nest is top tier? Will we see her in Arena teams at 4*? Or will she only be viable at 7* when farmable?

dude for offense ... 3* G9 will work with good speed mods...her speed and potency max by the G9 plate.
  • Nailed the art, love a good character with great powers...but this is a disappointing character release with giving that much speed and turn meter removal in a game where speed and starting moves are critical. Why not just give everyone a sim ticket to win in arena? Please let us theorycraft and create greats teams. Don't just throw something out like this that's so simple. Please create toons that increase the complexity and detail of the game - respect the game - don't dumb it down.
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Right just like old kylo, let him takes a turn, I get it.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Right just like old kylo, let him takes a turn, I get it.

You can still kill og kylo even if he never takes a turn as defense increases with diminishing returns so it can never fully hit 100% damage mitigation, you can always deal some amount of damage to og kylo, not quite the same here. Nest's protection gain gets larger and larger.
  • Kafka
    1 posts Member

Why doesn't Buff Immunity or Healing Immunity prevent Nest's ability to regain protection?
    • Nest gains bonus Max Protection which cannot be prevented. This bonus Protection is not a buff (positive status effect) and therefore not prevented by Buff Immunity.
      Healing Immunity also doesn't prevent Nest gaining Protection due to her unique ability "adding" new Protection and not "healing" existing missing protection. This is also therefore not considered healing a character.

[/list]

Gaining max protection is what Palpatine (when zetad) and K2S0 (when zetad), for example, do. That extra max protection that they get is not preventable, but it is also not filled when they gain it.

Adding new protection also already exists in the game via the protection up buff, which adds new protection (so is not prevented by healing immunity) but is prevented by buff block, shock etc. and can be dispelled.

I think you should have just used the Wampa description (protection up which cannot be dispelled or prevented), which would make things more clear and manage expectations.
  • ÌN_Algorìthm
    77 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Please get this right guys/gals and all you beasts down at CG. We can't play the game right, if you don't make the computer controlled defense right.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    That is a bit crass, Algorithm.

That said, I do have to question the wisdom in introducing a character of such complexity that the dev team knows the AI does not know how to properly engage with it.
    Still not a he.
  • Thanks Crumb for the clarification. Can @CG_SBCrumb also explain / confirm the way her protection stacks? It reads and performs differently than any other protection up/ bonus protection or really any other stacking ability we've seen in the game so far.

The ability (at level 1) reads:
    "When Nest is damaged by an attack, she gains... 40% bonus protection (stacking). This Bonus Protection increases by an additional 40% each time."

I read that as 40% of her base protection given to her back as bonus protection. Based on old stacking models she would just gain 40% bonus consecutively with each hit. This alone is a LOT of protection but not so much that once she is stunned and taking hit after hit that her bonus protection bar never seems to move

The wording used here is new and based on the vids posted showing her eat an entire enemy teams attacks alone, take fracture under deathmark, and take no damage to her base eHP pool after the initial hits, I think it works like this:

Bonus Protection = [ (0.40(base Prot)) + (0.40(base Prot) x (n-1) ]
    n= number of hits before next Enfys turn

The result from consecutive hits before her next turn would be 40, 40+40, 40+40+40, etc. 40% on first hit, 80% second hit, 120% third hit, etc.

I realize now this is more to satisfy my curiosity as it is clear that she either needs to be Annihilated, Plagued, or saved until last then damaged without stunlocking, but an answer would be appreciated. That said, If this phrase of "increases by an additional x each time" continues to appear in new release though this is must know stuff.
  • There are a few characters that ignore protection. Visas Marr (Hint Hint, making her even more viable), Sith Trooper, Sith Assassin, so just mix up your combinations. Also Nihilus will end anyone who isn't a raid boss, as will Savage (if you are careful not to let her protection grow of 99k) . Another way to look at her, is stun her and only hit her with "Ignores Protection" characters or 1 shot killers. Don't be scared.
    WhoVille Sheriff - Ally Code: 244-425-158 - https://swgoh.gg/u/whovillesheriff/
    Discord: WhoVille Sheriff#3439

Guild Collaboration Founder: Just Sithed Myself
    Discord.gg/FvBdmtz
    https://swgoh.gg/g/21201/just-sithed-myself/
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Then Enfys gets a turn, the protection resets, and she's not in a position to survive.

@YaeVizsla Kinda. But teamed with Qira and Vandor and a strong tank she will regen almost 100% protection and lots of health every few hits on ANYONE. The new scoundrels have an interesting mechanic. If there is a tank you have to use AOE to turn off Vandors protection regen. But using AOE is going to power Nest up get a counter from Vandor and Nest, and probably a few assists from Young Han. I know people will laugh, but Clone Chewie is going to be a decent lead for her because the defense up Buff will make killing her with burst damage very hard - and that is one of the few ways to kill her.

EDIT: Also she is going to be one of the few people that would greatly benefit from a Crit Avoidance arrow, as burst is the only way to kill her.

I likey.
    Post edited by VonZant on
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    @CG_SBCrumb -- so since the gain is not a "positive status effect" isolate from Traya won't stop it either?
    Correct, Traya's Isolate will not stop Nest from gaining protection with her unique

But why does isolate prevent GK from cleansing? He should be stopped from giving retribution, but not from removing negative status effects. How is gaining max prot not a "positive status effect", but gaining TM or cleansing debuffs is?

This is clearly not wai.
  • Roopehun
    344 posts Member
    Acrofales wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb -- so since the gain is not a "positive status effect" isolate from Traya won't stop it either?
    Correct, Traya's Isolate will not stop Nest from gaining protection with her unique

But why does isolate prevent GK from cleansing? He should be stopped from giving retribution, but not from removing negative status effects. How is gaining max prot not a "positive status effect", but gaining TM or cleansing debuffs is?

This is clearly not wai.

Wai yes, thought through by intelligent people no.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Kafka wrote: »

Why doesn't Buff Immunity or Healing Immunity prevent Nest's ability to regain protection?
    • Nest gains bonus Max Protection which cannot be prevented. This bonus Protection is not a buff (positive status effect) and therefore not prevented by Buff Immunity.
      Healing Immunity also doesn't prevent Nest gaining Protection due to her unique ability "adding" new Protection and not "healing" existing missing protection. This is also therefore not considered healing a character.

[/list]

Gaining max protection is what Palpatine (when zetad) and K2S0 (when zetad), for example, do. That extra max protection that they get is not preventable, but it is also not filled when they gain it.

Adding new protection also already exists in the game via the protection up buff, which adds new protection (so is not prevented by healing immunity) but is prevented by buff block, shock etc. and can be dispelled.

I think you should have just used the Wampa description (protection up which cannot be dispelled or prevented), which would make things more clear and manage expectations.

This bonus protection is not a new thing. Traya has similar mechanic she just doesn't gain as much.
  • I for one am very happy with Nest. I know how to beat her and how to use her. This will be one character I will whale out on for sure. Also thank you for not trying to change her CG. If she was going to get nerfed at all I wouldn't buy her. This is a awesome toon like Sion. Anyone complaining doesn't know how to actually play this game. Once again thank you
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    I feel like it's kinda telling when the devs have to post how to beat the character they just released. In that character's kit reveal no less.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    I feel like it's kinda telling when the devs have to post how to beat the character they just released. In that character's kit reveal no less.

Haha. Very true. But I have seen a lot pump more money towards her. So I’m sure it helps.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    CaptainRex wrote: »

That most of us are noobs? =D
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I for one am very happy with Nest. I know how to beat her and how to use her. This will be one character I will whale out on for sure. Also thank you for not trying to change her CG. If she was going to get nerfed at all I wouldn't buy her. This is a awesome toon like Sion. Anyone complaining doesn't know how to actually play this game. Once again thank you

You miss the point - even if we assume everyone is so smart of a gamer like you - they just gave everyone an easy win button both ways. So what's the point in the game now?

You miss the point - even if we assume everyone is so smart of a gamer like you - they just gave everyone an easy win button both ways. So what's the point in the game now?

Usually see better posts from you, I’m surprised

Well, I'm a bit grumpy my friend... she unnecessarily diminishes the meta game to a trivial level. Lots of time planning and adjusting around a somewhat complex meta...and all that really gets wasted cause now you can just use Enfy to take early TM. Moved from rank 23 to 2 today just targeting Traya teams - very strong - with a 3* G9 Enfy and old school Poe/zFinn. 78k power squad. Just don't see why we needed to have something that OP added to the game.

Well, I'm a bit grumpy my friend... she unnecessarily diminishes the meta game to a trivial level. Lots of time planning and adjusting around a somewhat complex meta...and all that really gets wasted cause now you can just use Enfy to take early TM. Moved from rank 23 to 2 today just targeting Traya teams - very strong - with a 3* G9 Enfy and old school Poe/zFinn. 78k power squad. Just don't see why we needed to have something that OP added to the game.

Lol, wow, really! . .? No Traya on mine yet, But that sounds rather funny jes sayin, making zFinn and Poe work again lol

Lol, wow, really! . .? No Traya on mine yet, But that sounds rather funny jes sayin, making zFinn and Poe work again lol

should be soon if you're on an older server - i'm seeing a lot of unlocks last few days - others reporting waves also
  • Yea, couple appeared today, one has been for over a week, but he is not a concern lol,
  • Ahnold T101 just released a video of a 3* G11 Enfys Nest against EP squad, CLS squad and JTR squads and the JTR squad timed out and CLS squad barely beat her..... Just her.. alone...
    Don't make a kit like this if the AI fails soooo badly
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Ahnold T101 just released a video of a 3* G11 Enfys Nest against EP squad, CLS squad and JTR squads and the JTR squad timed out and CLS squad barely beat her..... Just her.. alone...
    Don't make a kit like this if the AI fails soooo badly

Cool story.

I fought one at #12 in my shard yesterday. 4* Enfy G11 along with EP lead Thrawn DN Sion all G12. I run JTR BB8 R2 Thrawn GK. Easiest battle I've fought in a while. I ignored her completely and killed everyone else, then one shot her on the second go around.

Kit is fine.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH