Enfys Nest Bug or Exploit or Bad Programming?

So this is my experience going against Enfys Nest. My question is whether this is a cheat, a bug, an exploit or just really really bad beta testing that didn’t catch this effect with the zeta: vjcvkrjhv12k.png
beplqtaxbzzdof.png
nd0xay2wk6sn.png
k2zejw8u6gp8.png

Replies

• Just for the record, she was fractured at the two minute mark and it took until 1:28 before I started taking screen shots...
  • 3PO
    32 posts Member
    Do not remove TM of Nest for kill.
  • QJinX
    219 posts Member
    beerbuddy wrote: »
    Just for the record, she was fractured at the two minute mark and it took until 1:28 before I started taking screen shots...

Cmon, CG thouroghly tests everything before release. OF COURSE they knew and its working as intended. /s
  • 3PO wrote: »
    TM manipulation has nothing to do with this, regardless of whether she was fractured, exposed, stunned or not, protection never decreased.

• Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    She has to take a turn. NEVER fracture Enfys. You need her to take turns to remove her prot.
  • She continues to stack added protection every time she is damaged until her next turn. When you fracture, stun remove tm, you prevent her from taking that next turn and keep adding attacks which stack more and more protection.
  • beerbuddy wrote: »
    3PO wrote: »
    TM manipulation has nothing to do with this, regardless of whether she was fractured, exposed, stunned or not, protection never decreased.

The devs already said(I think in her kit reveal thread) that her abilities are working as intended. No bug here, move along.
  • beerbuddy wrote: »

The devs already said(I think in her kit reveal thread) that her abilities are working as intended. No bug here, move along.

I’ll take your word for it. Thanks for the insight.
  • 3PO
    32 posts Member
    edited June 2018

Nest gain 40% bonus protection per hit until the next turn. So Nest never losing protection. But, on next turn disaper all bonus protection. Then kill with keeped powerful attack.
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Another possibility is that it's a lack of understanding of how this character works from the player.

Let her take a turn so her protection bonus resets and you'll beat her. Fracturing, stunning and overtaking her with higher speed modded toons will just let her accumulating protection. WAI.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    On assist attacks, does she gain Prot after each attack? Seems like Wiggs may have a purpose here.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Actually it does. When she takes a turn, she loses all that protection. Fracture or other multi attack skills against her are a bad idea.

Yes WAI.
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi folks, here are some answers:

Why doesn't Buff Immunity or Healing Immunity prevent Nest's ability to regain protection?
    • Nest gains bonus Max Protection which cannot be prevented. This bonus Protection is not a buff (positive status effect) and therefore not prevented by Buff Immunity.
      Healing Immunity also doesn't prevent Nest gaining Protection due to her unique ability "adding" new Protection and not "healing" existing missing protection. This is also therefore not considered healing a character.

How can she take on 5 characters by herself and not die?
    • Nest’s unique kit requires you to not just attack her repeatedly but be mindful of when you decide to take her out. You need to do a couple high damage attacks and then leave her alone until she attacks and sets all her protection back to zero.
      The AI on defense is not great at understanding how to stop her from gaining tons of protection but a smart player will be able to counter her abilities and remember that she gains increasing amounts of protection each time you hit her until the end of her turn.

How Nest is even beatable?!?!? She's super OP!!!
    • If you aren't trying to focus on attacking her you can keeping her from taking a turn with stuns or stop her counter attacking with daze abilities. If you are trying to finish her off, Fracture or Turn Meter removal can be detrimental in this pursuit! This will give her more chances to get those unique stacks of protection and become very hard to defeat until she takes a turn.
      In short, you don't want to hit her with a large number of attacks before she has a chance to attack back. High damage, single shot attacks are her worst nightmare.
      Nest’s unique mechanics mean that many standard strategies won’t work when she’s on the team so we expect there be a bit of learning curve before folks start really figuring out how to defeat her efficiently.

Are you going to nerf her kit already?!?!?!
    • We have no plans to modify her balance at this time. We expect her to be a great character to slot into a wide variety of teams and that she will be a strong answer to teams that prevent characters from taking turns. As with all characters, we will be monitoring Nest’s balance and re-evaluate if her performance is out of line.

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Globuhl wrote: »
    Another possibility is that it's a lack of understanding of how this character works from the player.

It's not a possibility, it's a definitability. ;)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Her ability is: when she gets attacked she gains bonus protection equal to 40% Of her max health.
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    She’s probably suited better with resistance but i figureds out how kill her in a trayas line up with no DN. I will admit it I was wrong not as op as I thought . You just have to hit her or try to keep it at 1 hit per her 1 turn daze and stun . Troopers beat her very easily as you will see in this video . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2E99g9-1KA
  • It's not working as intended, because fracture should remove 20 percent health on damage, and doesn't.

Protection is irrelevant, the bug is no health removal from abilities that should remove health.
  • joelgs23
    251 posts Member
    I'll probably be called a noob or whatever, but I firmly believe Enfys Nest is broken......

I've won Galactic War 62 times, but today I lost on Nod 9 cause of Enfys Nest alone.

Enfys Nest = Pwer 7.700, lvl 71, 4 star.

By herself, she killed my rebel squad (power 46,700), my empire squad (power 38,000) and my ewoks at power 48,000. Among those, I had nine 7 star characters, all modded, with lvl 8 or 9 gear.

And yet, 1 character alone, killed all 3 of my squads.
  • It's not working as intended, because fracture should remove 20 percent health on damage, and doesn't.

Protection is irrelevant, the bug is no health removal from abilities that should remove health.

You’re wrong, it deals that damage, but it doesn’t deal it straight to health.
  • joelgs23 wrote: »
    I'll probably be called a noob or whatever, but I firmly believe Enfys Nest is broken......

I've won Galactic War 62 times, but today I lost on Nod 9 cause of Enfys Nest alone.

Enfys Nest = Pwer 7.700, lvl 71, 4 star.

By herself, she killed my rebel squad (power 46,700), my empire squad (power 38,000) and my ewoks at power 48,000. Among those, I had nine 7 star characters, all modded, with lvl 8 or 9 gear.

And yet, 1 character alone, killed all 3 of my squads.

That would be due to using chars that feed nests strengths. theres nothing broken, there’s nothing bugged, you need to use different methods, leaving nest for last is a very bad idea.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    [...]
    When she takes a turn, she loses all that protection. Fracture or other multi attack skills against her are a bad idea.

When using Talzin against her, fracture is great. You can build up stacks of plague without being counter attacked. Then when it stacked high enough, you let her take a turn, and.....boom!

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    It's not working as intended, because fracture should remove 20 percent health on damage, and doesn't.

Only abilities that ignore protection do their damage straight to health even when the target has protection. This is also the case for %health attacks. If an attack ignores protection, it will say so in the ability description.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Sith Assasin at g8 can one-shot a 4* Nest.