Emperor palpatine meta needs a nerf

2Next

Replies

• TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Iceih_SWG wrote: »
    Matthew_01 wrote: »
    Listen. There will always be a meta that beats most other teams. Currently it's EP, but there are loads of teams that can beat him, such as thrawn lead, Rex, now JTR with Enfys Nest... many can do it. Yes, Sion can be a pain, but if you carefully control the battle, it is doable. Don't worry, soon enough a new meta will arrive (after Traya destroys the arena) and we can all complain about that one instead.

EP can area stun a full team and disable the player from playing, even when the meta is over, these teams will remain in GW and TW. This is different to other metas that can be defeated in several attempts with this meta most teams do not even scratch their protection.

If this was true the EP meta would be 80-90% not 50%. And I submit the only reason it's so high to begin with is because it's much easier to build.

I don't think I've ever been stunned 5/5 against EP. 4/5 every once in a while. And I still win 90% of the time. I think I'm doing more than scratching protection.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Iceih_SWG
    301 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Listen. There will always be a meta that beats most other teams. Currently it's EP, but there are loads of teams that can beat him, such as thrawn lead, Rex, now JTR with Enfys Nest... many can do it. Yes, Sion can be a pain, but if you carefully control the battle, it is doable. Don't worry, soon enough a new meta will arrive (after Traya destroys the arena) and we can all complain about that one instead.

EP can area stun a full team and disable the player from playing, even when the meta is over, these teams will remain in GW and TW. This is different to other metas that can be defeated in several attempts with this meta most teams do not even scratch their protection.

If this was true the EP meta would be 80-90% not 50%. And I submit the only reason it's so high to begin with is because it's much easier to build.

I don't think I've ever been stunned 5/5 against EP. 4/5 every once in a while. And I still win 90% of the time. I think I'm doing more than scratching protection.

It happens, in the last TW, I was stunned 5/5 2 times against the same team.

The problem anyway is not arena, in arena you form a team with your best units for the cause if you can not defeat them then your roster is not good enough to go as high in rank, is part of the game. The problem is TW where everybody is mixed and we (players ranking in 150+ average) must face several rank 1, with other metas we play and try to improve, we can use more than 1 team to defeat them, even loosing at the end but we can play with this meta we just wait to be defeated.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited June 2018

The problem anyway is not arena, in arena you form a team with your best units for the cause if you can not defeat them then your roster is not good enough to go as high in rank, is part of the game. The problem is TW where everybody is mixed and we (players ranking in 150+ average) must face several rank 1, with other metas we play and try to improve, we can use more than 1 team to defeat them, even loosing at the end but we can play with this meta we just wait to be defeated.

In TW I beat EP teams with a Thrawn lead and my own EP/Vader/Tarkin/TFP, of which only Thrawn is in my arena team. Leader ability not zeta'd. Empire allies gain 20% TM when they are debuffed or resist a debuff. They destroy the EP team. Try it some time.

Point being, TW rewards a diverse roster. Develop one and you won't be asking for a nerf anymore.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Blue decks are frustrating to play against.

This is old news.

However, at that point, the challenge becomes controlling or killing Palpatine before he can stun. Stun, ability block, and fracture are all useful tools toward that end.
    Still not a he.
  • Tryxa
    179 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    the challenge becomes controlling or killing Palpatine before he can stun.

It doesn't matter if he stuns or not. With the ridiculous TM synergies empire gets, you basically watch them play if you don't get lucky with your own single stun (sometimes that doesnt matter either).

Keep the aoe stun as far as I'm concerned. It's the TM stuff that needs to be toned down.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Ability block Vader. Problem solved.
  • Calastar
    304 posts Member
    I always avoid teams with Han Solo in them because he often stuns my Vader and there goes the TM chain. I have always lost against teams with Han Solo in them. It may be my average mods though.
    I make character kits! Ask me and I will try my best to make one for fun.
  • TVF wrote: »

In TW I beat EP teams with a Thrawn lead and my own EP/Vader/Tarkin/TFP, of which only Thrawn is in my arena team. Leader ability not zeta'd. Empire allies gain 20% TM when they are debuffed or resist a debuff. They destroy the EP team. Try it some time.

Point being, TW rewards a diverse roster. Develop one and you won't be asking for a nerf anymore.

I think the problem being referred to is when someone has already gone up against them and lost. By this point they're all probably sitting at 100% TM or near to it, which means the 2nd person to go up against them has a real uphilll struggle. I remember a few TWs ago before I realised that defending teams' TM carries through I went in against an EP team I'd checked out and was sure I could beat for 20 banners. I literally did not take a turn because they all started out with a ton of turn meter.

NB I'm not advocating for a rework, just clarifying what I think the poster's point was. The way I see it these are mostly fairly accessible toons and anyone coming up to level 85 should be able to put together an EP team.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Calastar wrote: »
    I always avoid teams with Han Solo in them because he often stuns my Vader and there goes the TM chain. I have always lost against teams with Han Solo in them. It may be my average mods though.
    Having Thrawn's opening move be turn meter swap rather than fracture can help right that course.
    Still not a he.
  • TVF wrote: »

I think the problem being referred to is when someone has already gone up against them and lost. By this point they're all probably sitting at 100% TM or near to it, which means the 2nd person to go up against them has a real uphilll struggle. I remember a few TWs ago before I realised that defending teams' TM carries through I went in against an EP team I'd checked out and was sure I could beat for 20 banners. I literally did not take a turn because they all started out with a ton of turn meter.

NB I'm not advocating for a rework, just clarifying what I think the poster's point was. The way I see it these are mostly fairly accessible toons and anyone coming up to level 85 should be able to put together an EP team.

Yes, this is the kind of situation I tried to describe.
  • Calastar
    304 posts Member
    What is that for? Is there supposed to be a meaning to all the quotes?
    I make character kits! Ask me and I will try my best to make one for fun.
  • This is ridiculous. I run a standard rebel CLS team. I’m hovering between top 150 and top 50 of arena. I see a ton of palp teams in arena, which are supposedly hard counters to palp. I maybe lose 10% of the time. AoE stun is quite annoying. But I Han-stun palp, stun Thrawn, anti-buff Sion and everything falls in place. The only times I lose is if I time-out or if a 18% tenacity Thrawn resisted 3 stuns in a row. Palp doesn’t need a nerf, if you’re losing to him you’re doing something wrong, sorry. He has a specific counter scheme, and he’s not far ahead of anyone else in the meta. (Can’t wait till Traya gets popular: these threads will blow up).
  • Tryxa
    179 posts Member
    I run a standard rebel CLS team.

CLS and Raid Han are not "standard" units.
    He has a specific counter scheme

...that shouldn't require one specific ultra-elite unit to achieve. Having the ranks be all palps and CLS isnt much better than the status quo of having the ranks be all palps.

Another poster referred to a diversity of team being the key. A CLS vs. OPeror marathon is hardly "diverse."
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    I run a First Order team and am surrounded by near-Meta teams in my shard. Tons of 6-7* Thrawn, 7* EPs, Vader's etc. No nightmares and no Trayas, I'm too new for that right now.

I don't have Kylo's second Zeta, with pre-taunt, but I'm going to invest in it because with his tank health, self-heal on damage and high health/protection he easily absorbs Vader's opening culling blade without breaking a sweat. He can then unavoidably double stun anyone on the opposing team.
  • Tryxa
    179 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    I run a First Order team and am surrounded by near-Meta teams in my shard. Tons of 6-7* Thrawn, 7* EPs, Vader's etc. No nightmares and no Trayas, I'm too new for that right now.

I don't have Kylo's second Zeta, with pre-taunt, but I'm going to invest in it because with his tank health, self-heal on damage and high health/protection he easily absorbs Vader's opening culling blade without breaking a sweat. He can then unavoidably double stun anyone on the opposing team.

Interesting. I'm experimenting with different mixes of toons to see which group is sustainable in the ranks. I like that UM Kylo (on whom I have leader zeta) has a nice combination of tank and stun.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    I don't think FO is viable as your shard matures.
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    Depends if you want to end up top 50 or not. I spread my resources around for raid squads etc. Don't mind if I hover in the +/- 200 range.