Is CLS still viable?

Hey there guys!

I finished farming the needed toons for CLS (since i already got the empire team), but before I gear them up and level up their abilities and levels, my question is...is CLS still viable? Right now I'm lvl 84, Arena rotating every day from 1 to 2 (zEP, Vader, Nihilus, Thrawn, Sion). I droped alot in fleet and im trying to get back in the top 5 during my payout. Getting all needed pilots lvl 15 5dot Mods costs alot of credits, and here comes my question: Is the investment into the CLS toons (Leia, STH, Old Ben, R2D2 & Farm Luke) worth the credits and ability mats? I mean, fleet and squad arena brings the most needed resourcement. So i personally think i should focus more for that. And as of right now, i dont think CLS brings me (except arena) any big advantage in retourne. Yeah, i can start working on solo'ing a raid, but is that more worth than getting top 5 ranks in arena? I would like to hear from you what you think about that. As of right now, i think Rey & BB8 (incl. R2D2) are a far better goal...even if they are a far harder goal.

Replies

• CLS is viable in raids, arena and especially tw/th. He has a special mission or 2 in tb. And CLS walls stand their ground pretty well in tw.

I run a hybrid CLS team in arena and stay top 30 of my 2+ year old shard (dominated by palp teams, a few RJT teams, rex and 3 traya teams)
  • Okay, well, if thats so i will go for him next month when he comes around! Thank you!

Btw, any tips about the bare minimum needed to get him 7*? I got the toons up to 7* lvl 80, what about theit ability lvl? For mods i will use my arena mods.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Okay, well, if thats so i will go for him next month when he comes around! Thank you!

Btw, any tips about the bare minimum needed to get him 7*? I got the toons up to 7* lvl 80, what about theit ability lvl? For mods i will use my arena mods.

For all events assume that you need all abilities full upgraded except for omegas and zetas and some omegas.

In general i would advise gear 8 though you may need gear 9 for either fbl or sth.

The big advantage of cls if you dont use him in arena is thats its an easy way to solo rancour or help a small guild throuh haat. It also identifies you as a serious player and makes you more attractive for big guilds which means better tw and tb rewards.
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    Luke is great in raids. He can solo (as in, by himself) the rancor raid, is a part of an AAT solo team, and is needed for the Chex Mix team in the sith raid.

He’s also needed in territory battles, and works well in territory wars. And he can still work in arena, even though he’s not in the current meta. He does solid amounts of damage, counters, inflicts debuffs, and his most useful zeta spreads turn meter to allies even when he’s not the leader. He’s good to have in all areas of the game except fleet.
  • CLS is still hugely viable!

One of the top 10 characters in the game. If not top 5.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    BTW he's still the #4 leader on the meta report at 10%.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    He will always be viable, he is still one of the stongest toons in the game. The only question is: is he viable enough? When they began to break the game with OP toons and Hero's journey toons they undertook something which has no turning back. They can't nerf every toon at the same time, they will just continue releasing ridiculously strong toons to break the meta they previously created.

Uh, we broke the game with CLS, what are we gonna do? Imagine the scenario of that meme where the guy saying the clever thing gets thrown out of the window: release more CLSs but stronger! Rework toons to make them ridiculously OP! Simply nerf cls and go on releasing normal toons so the game is balanced and the better strategy wins!

*gets thrown out of the window.

They released CLS and they broke the game. So they released Rey and they broke it further in addition to breaking cls too. When every single player from 20 to 1 in every arena had the same team, hey! I have a perfect idea! Let's take Palp and Vader and let's make them ridiculously strong! So we won't have to work on another OP char and we can sell other OP toons as a remedy to this meta. And here we are. The current meta. We just have to wait until they release something which is even stronger than Palp+Vader+ZSion.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    If they broke the game no one would still be playing it.

It's like you have to sign a form where you promise to use hyperbole before you're allowed to make an account here.
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    If they broke the game no one would still be playing it.

It's like you have to sign a form where you promise to use hyperbole before you're allowed to make an account here.

You can't deny that the game changed a lot after they released CLS. Broken or not is a personal opinion.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    I can't deny that you're using "broken" the wrong way but ok.
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    Luke is an incredibly useful character. We can't predict what will happen in the next 6 months to a year, but the question is if he's worthwhile now. And he is.
  • Kai_Mulai wrote: »
    Luke is an incredibly useful character. We can't predict what will happen in the next 6 months to a year, but the question is if he's worthwhile now. And he is.

He will always be viable, even though his viability decreases from time to time, he will always be as good in the raids!
  • I can break top 50 on my shard most days with CLS. I'm guessing that once Jedi Luke is released he'll be a powerhouse meta toon, albeit not as a leader in arena. I think it'll be a long time before CLS has no place in the game.
  • Commander Luke is by far the most interesting and versatile character in the world, my life has changed since I maxed him out
  • wildirish
    199 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I can break top 50 on my shard most days with CLS. I'm guessing that once Jedi Luke is released he'll be a powerhouse meta toon, albeit not as a leader in arena. I think it'll be a long time before CLS has no place in the game.

Captian,

What squad are you running with CLS for arena? Im going to run CLS, R2, RHan and was thinking about what to run for last two. Either Wiggs, Leia/ATF, or ATF/GK. I dont have Thrawn.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    wildirish wrote: »
    I can break top 50 on my shard most days with CLS. I'm guessing that once Jedi Luke is released he'll be a powerhouse meta toon, albeit not as a leader in arena. I think it'll be a long time before CLS has no place in the game.

Captian,

What squad are you running with CLS for arena? Im going to run CLS, R2, RHan and was thinking about what to run for last two. Either Wiggs, Leia/ATF, or ATF/GK.

It depends on the age of your shard but eventually Wiggs paints a giant target on your back and you drop like a rock (I ran that same team for a long time). GK is a good choice for the fourth spot. I know some people like to use ATF but I'm not familiar with her and I never see her (more familiar with Leia but don't see her anymore either). I like Thrawn for that fifth spot. That's the highest CLS squad on the meta report. Next highest is Chaze for those two spots.
  • A well modded Titans team is still viable in top-end arena, especially in non-Traya heavy shards. OP doesn't have to worry about either since he's running nightmare currently. @IIFunkymonkey if you're in position to unlock CLS in his next release (I don't think confirmed, but likely to be following the R2 event as the two legendaries ran together last time as well), then do it. As stated above, G8 is fine - have G9 gear ready for STH. Then put him on the shelf and get your pilots (bugs) ready to stay competitive in fleet. You're still at the point in the game where real currency provides an incredible advantage, especially with the fleet upheaval. Work on solidifying your status there to get that crystal income back, then work towards gearing your raid teams.
  • Commander Luke is by far the most interesting and versatile character in the world, my life has changed since I maxed him out
    TVF wrote: »

:smile: