4 Star Sion in arena

Hskull55
2263 posts Member
I´ll soon get my Darth Sion to g11 and I´m going to buy his zeta tomorrow. ATM I´m using EP g11 (L), Vader, Thrawn, DN and GK (all of them are g12 except EP). my question is... What´s better: a 4 star g11 zeta Sion or a maxed GK?
Thanks in advance!
My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
Sorry for my English :]

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I would prefer a sion, he will stand up better and feed less tm to the opponent.

On defense a GK will cleans all debuffs, which will TM load the other team.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    I would prefer a sion, he will stand up better and feed less tm to the opponent.

On defense a GK will cleans all debuffs, which will TM load the other team.

That is to consider and also Sion works better with your team I believe so Sion in my opinion is the best choice!

• Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    I started using sion 4 star g11 zetad and jumped from cracking top 50 to top 10 he's a beast
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    zSion alongside DN is better than GK. Hits on Sion feed DN TM. If you run against an enemy zPalp and fast Vader and your DN is fast enough, even if opponent Vader goes first and AoEs, DN will go next and can cooldown everyone's special. Game over.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Sion and congratulations, now you will be running the same team as 95% of my arena: EP Vader Nihilus Sion Thrawn. Let's hear it for diversity.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Sion and congratulations, now you will be running the same team as 95% of my arena: EP Vader Nihilus Sion Thrawn. Let's hear it for diversity.

Interesting. My arena shard runs all kinds of stuff. I've seen Rex/Wampa/Nest/Talzin/GK, JTrey with g12 Holdo, zPalp + STR, Traya-lead STR. Sure, there is still about 60-70% zPalp + Sion (the team you listed) - but certainly more diverse than, say, fleet arena.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Sion and congratulations, now you will be running the same team as 95% of my arena: EP Vader Nihilus Sion Thrawn. Let's hear it for diversity.

Interesting. My arena shard runs all kinds of stuff. I've seen Rex/Wampa/Nest/Talzin/GK, JTrey with g12 Holdo, zPalp + STR, Traya-lead STR. Sure, there is still about 60-70% zPalp + Sion (the team you listed) - but certainly more diverse than, say, fleet arena.

My shards top 50 has roughly 42? EP teams. I like how easy my CLS team cuts through them but I'm targeted alot.

But but.. I thought fleet rework was supposed to bring some diversity to fleet arena? Lol
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Also more diverse than the CLS meta that was going on when I started.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Sion
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    edited June 2018

That will change soon because I will unlock unlock Traya after 4 or 5 raids :P (At least my team will be different to the team you mentioned until everyone gets her)
    My shard is full of EP, but there are many RJT teams too. (32 EP, 2 Rex, 1 Talzin and 15 RJT atm in the top 50).
  • Sion
  • I tried both and my Sion squad was night and day more effective than GK. Sions cleanse is literally a JTR squad killer, clears R2's stealth, allows you to fracture JTR then its go go go.
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    OK, so I will use Sion once I get him to g11. Thanks everyone! :)