Do the gear challenges need to be updated?

Darth_Keith
189 posts Member
edited June 2018
I'm looking at the Tier V rewards for today's TAC gear challenge and they are (my inventory in parenthesis):
  • MK 5 Athakam Medpac Salvage (2,567)
  • MK 4 A/KT Stun Gun Salvage (2,750)
  • MK 8 Neuro-Saav Electrobinoculars Salvage (4,567)
  • MK 5 Loronar Power Cell Salvage (2,395)
  • MK1 Athakam Medpack Salvage (4,091)

Looking at the other two Tier V gear challenges, I also have thousands of the reward salvages except:
  • MK 3 Carbanti Sensor Array Salvage (32)
  • MK 4 SoroSub Keypad Salvage (199)
  • MK 6 Chiewab Hypo Syringe Salvage (280)

It seems almost every character needs hundreds of those MK 3 Sensor arrays to gear up (my General Kenobi currently needs 200 just for Gear level IX) but hardly any of the rest of the gear from Tier V challenges is ever used.

Now that the max gear level has increased, shouldn't we get another tier of challenges with more of the non raid exclusive gear (I'm looking at you Stun Cuffs).

Also, with so many salvages being needed for so many characters (Sensor Array), should the quantities of these be adjusted in the current challenges?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Yes they could use some love. Probably not a high priority, they have stated to help relieve the grind, they are always looking at new places to introduce gear, not always increase the previous ones.
  • last time they updated challenges they nerfed the carbanti drop rate, so be careful what you wish for.

but yes, I think they could use some tweaking or adding another tier.

The issue I see, at least based on the design of the gear in those challenges, is they set it up to be an early-life gear accumulation tool that kept late-stage players engaged because it essentially has 1 piece in each challenge that everyone needs (except TAC). So, I don't see them actually revamping the gear contained within the challenges (since there is a consistent flow of new players), but rather adding a tier that may not contain the gear from lower tier challenges.
  • Wycross
    53 posts Member
    They made a change to challenges to insure that Tier X challenges always had the stuff from Tier X - 1. I recall wanting to run a lower tiered chalenge at one point since that dropped a blue gear piece I found myself needing often. After this change, I could run the highest tier every time and not have to worry.

I don't want to re-introduce that sort of decision. Imagine having to choose between Carbantis and Stun Guns?

I do think a new Tier is needed, absolutely. Like the others, it needs to include everything from the previous tier. While I also have thousands of those pieces, I do imagine it's possible I could run out eventually and be faced with that decision again.