Closed discussion about the ds Tb rewards

Mol_Kelly
259 posts Member
Why did cg close the thread about this? I’ve been begging for a developer response for weeks now. I just want some dialogue as to the unfair situation they’ve put some of their customers in. This game is structured so that timing is everything. If rewards are given to some customers but not others, the customers who got the rewards first have an advantage over the ones who didn’t. People spend real money on this game and for us to not get the same value for our money as those who got their rewards is extremely unfair... for this to happen during double drops and during a tw, it’s outright wrong... please developers, just asking for your take on this... tell me I’m wrong if that’s what you want to do, but tell us why you feel the way you do... but please don’t just ignore this or close the thread.

Replies

• Mol_Kelly
    259 posts Member
    Basically, when something like this happens, it makes my money worth less than other people’s. This is wrong. Please respond @CG_Carrie @CG_SBCrumb
  • I think Kyno posted- if you’re still having issues to pm Crumb.
  • Mol_Kelly
    259 posts Member
    I got my ds Tb rewards... but I got them after double drops and after tw... there was no compensation for the unequal playing field they have created. Instead of responding to my questions, they closed the post.
  • Mol_Kelly
    259 posts Member
    Also, I have a tough time pm’ing anyone on my phone with this platform
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    How is getting rewards a week later an unequal playing field? There's no reason to compensate for that.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Mol_Kelly
    259 posts Member
    Yes there is... timing is everything... I got traya before the rest of my arena shard. As a result, I have not had to use crystals as refreshes... as a result of that, I have been able to work on other characters and/or ships and have jumped ahead of those who didn’t have traya yet.
    If someone got their rewards when they should have - Friday - they have been able to use the crystals during double drops, their characters were more powerful for days - weeks in some cases than those who got their rewards later.
    This game is like a race. If you spend, you get to have a head start... if you are strategic and plan well, you get a head start... and if you get rewards on time, you have a head start over those who didn’t receive them when they were supposed to.
    Don’t minimize what some players have experienced by getting rewards late please.
  • Mol_Kelly
    259 posts Member
    This is more than an inconvenience... an inconvenience would have been if the rewards were delayed a couple hours... an inconvenience would be if everyone didn’t receive rewards on time. But giving some customers rewards at one point and other customers rewards at another time, creates an unfair playing field... not sure how you don’t get this @TVF
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Mol_Kelly wrote: »
    This game is like a race.

That's a very inflexible point of view. There's no end to this game, no winning. Seems like you might need to take a step back and try having fun instead.

I finished in the 200s in arena for a solid year. In the past few weeks I'm finishing top 5. Am I screwed because I didn't finish top 5 for a year? No.

Whatever, good luck on this. You're gonna need it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Mol_Kelly
    259 posts Member
    As a result of the rewards, I was able to 7 Star hoda... as a result of not getting the rewards on time, I was unable to use him in the heroic sith raid 2 times... that’s twice I got worse rewards than I would have received if I had had the ds Tb rewards on time. If anyone is being inflexible, it’s you not opening your mind to the problem this really is.
  • Mol_Kelly
    259 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Mol_Kelly wrote: »
    This game is like a race.

That's a very inflexible point of view. There's no end to this game, no winning. Seems like you might need to take a step back and try having fun instead.

I finished in the 200s in arena for a solid year. In the past few weeks I'm finishing top 5. Am I screwed because I didn't finish top 5 for a year? No.

Whatever, good luck on this. You're gonna need it.

No, you’re not screwed... but your roster isn’t as good as it could be if you did finish top 5 for that solid year. This is just a fact.... now, it was your decision not to spend/strategize/switch guilds and not get in the top 5 for that solid year, and your roster is reflecting that... giving out rewards late to some customers is cg’s fault, not the customers who’s rosters suffer (even if it is a small amount).
  • Mol_Kelly
    259 posts Member
    @TVF would you be screwed if the developers made right on this issue and gave the customers that were delayed their rewards extra double drop time or more crystals? If not, why bother commenting on this? Are you getting a cookie or something for defending cg?
  • Did people get double rewards for dstb?
  • Mol_Kelly
    259 posts Member
    No, but they got to use the crystals they received during double drops... in addition, they got to use those rewards in time for the tws that were happening... furthermore, they got to use those rewards on any raids that took place... getting rewards early puts people at an advantage... how is this not obvious?
  • Mol_Kelly
    259 posts Member
    I heard there were some reports of people getting double rewards for the ds Tb, but I can’t confirm this @Vinny_Vader_Vedi
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    No one got rewards "early", just on time or late. Is that not obvious?

I very much doubt you'll get extra compensation for the delay, as that would be unfair on everyone else. It's the same argument
  • Mol_Kelly
    259 posts Member
    I really have a tough time understanding why people would be arguing with my point that those who got the rewards late should get some form of compensation.
    If it is no big deal, then it should be no big deal if the people who got rewards late get something extra.
  • Yes
    145 posts Member
    Well believe me buddy, I'm one of the biggest haters to how this game is ran. You know how you have no good freedom of speech talking about how this game is dead and all but of corse let's stay on topic here. I agree with TVF this game is not meant to beat/win, it's infinite, just like any other mmo. Although I strongly believe this game is a sinking ship, it is a game to have fun and collect iconic toons from SW. It sucks you got no rewards for a week, but in no way can this company gage how much you feel you lost by not having rewards on time ( remember this game is RNG) you can't just say ok here's X amount of shards for our mistake. By doing that it would create even more of an outrage by the few losing then gaining and the rest of the masses don't have that? It simply would be, hmm well kinda what's happening here anyway. This game is a sinking ship. Most likely this thread will be closed because they don't want any bad juju right now, we'll anymore.
  • Ahh. Well I only saw one person claim they got their reward twice and I’m pretty sure it was a troll.
    As for using purps during double drops I understand what you mean but there is no way we ll get compensation for that.

My hope is this- for the people who still didn’t get them, and were forced to open a ticket even though! They said not to open a ticket before , and then dealt with customer service , and still didn’t receive them- I hope they all get them ASAP.
  • Mol_Kelly
    259 posts Member
    No one got rewards "early", just on time or late. Is that not obvious?

I very much doubt you'll get extra compensation for the delay, as that would be unfair on everyone else. It's the same argument

It actually would make things fairer... it wouldn’t even things out because of the snowball effect of having resources earlier than others in this game.

I may have messed up if I said getting rewards early... I thought I said earlier... or thought I said they got them on time... the issue is that when people are given something and other people are given that same something at a later point, it’s not the same reward anymore...
  • Also @TVF I know you grind gears on this forum. But I appreciate you boo.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The discussion was closed, for a few reasons.

1- we have a solution to the issue in place, and it is working.

2- it reduces the confusion about where to post when you have not recieved your rewards.

This discussion has been closed.