EP Sith v JTR Team for Arena.

VonZant
3843 posts Member
I want to stick with Sith I think unless there is some great advantage.

My EP team is g11/12 with zEP DV DN 5* zSion and Thrawn. I stay 40-100. If I spend another Zeta it will be for DN.

Barring some calamity I should get JTR next week. My R2 and BB8 are only g11. I have 3 zetas saved. JTR lead, NC amd RWTP are the ones I think I need. Who are other 2 toons used?

Is it worth switching? If I just use JTR for raid team purposes what are best 2 zetas?

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• EP beats JTR in arena (generally).
    JTR lead is required, the offense unique is recommended.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    EP and JTR are both very viable arena teams, and can both beat each other on offense.

The format for a JTR team is JTR, BB-8, R2, +2.

There is a LOT of flexibility in those +2.

Options include, but are not limited to, Old Ben, General Kenobi, Kylo Ren Unmasked, Amilyn Holdo, Han Solo, Enfys Nest, Thrawn, Scavenger Rey, Resistance Trooper, Chopper, IG-88, Imperial Probe Droid, and K2-SO. And, starting tomorrow, probably L3.

I suggest a tank and an attacker/controller. As you have R2 in there, light side with something Number Crunch applies to is ideal. As Vader and Palpatine capitalize on Rebel and Jedi tags, not-that is ideal. So, Amilyn may be your best bet for a tank, especially since she brings an AoE that can crit, for more exposes, and applies AoE Daze to limit Palpatine's TM train, especially if your units are self cleansing through Combat Analysis. That said, General Kenobi also works well in arena for JTR teams if you are closer to having him arena ready. Old Ben would be great for this team if not for the problem of Palpatine just making him melt.

For attackers, it's multiple choice. Raid Han can stall key threats off the bat, Thrawn is Thrawn though he doesn't benefit from R2's perks, Enfys is amazing on this team if you have her, and Resistance Trooper is in overdrive on this team, and Scavenger Rey is a generally good attacker who can proliferate daze while hitting people really hard in the face.

There are more-droid lineups to capitalize on BB-8's droid synergies, but they don't do great right now. L3 may improve that.

Personally, I'm working toward a JTR, R2, BB8, Holdo, Resistance Trooper lineup. With that spread, there are three units in the team who have a strong chance to give Resistance Trooper 100% turn meter. Rey assist, R2 AoE, and Holdo AoE. Then Trooper kills things.
    Still not a he.
  • kevsmart
    492 posts Member
    FWIW Traya will largely kill JTR teams. Stick with Sith for now.
  • Yeah I think from here on out, JTR is going to be most useful for Heroic STR rather than Arena. She still fares very well in pvp, but the meta is moving on. Palp/Sith Triumvirate have the edge right now, and from there it will most likely move to Jedi Luke who will probably be released this August (pure conjecture here).
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    SwiftMooky wrote: »
    Yeah I think from here on out, JTR is going to be most useful for Heroic STR rather than Arena. She still fares very well in pvp, but the meta is moving on. Palp/Sith Triumvirate have the edge right now, and from there it will most likely move to Jedi Luke who will probably be released this August (pure conjecture here).

I hope you are right. I should have 7* Captain Han, HYoda, ROLO, EP, Vader and Lando by then. Throwing in KRU and Jedi Rey just in case its Old Jedi Luke. If Wampa or Ewoks are required Ill be hosed though.