JTR Return date confirmed FYSA

jejuzang
710 posts Member
"Hi Holotable Heroes,

We are excited to announce that Rey’s Hero's Journey will be back on June 14 through June 20th. From being a scavenger on Jakku to the destruction of Starkiller Base, battle through the iconic moments of Rey's hero's journey. Completing this event unlocks Jedi Training Rey!

Don’t have the full team ready to earn Jedi Training Rey? Pieces and Plans will run simultaneously with Rey’s Hero’s Journey so you can earn BB-8 and complete your Resistance team."

FYSA, i don't see it anywhere in "General"

Replies

• jejuzang
    710 posts Member
    Kinda hidden don't you think? And this thread is too...i bet most only check the 'general' page for the updates.
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    I mean it makes sense for it to be under Dev Announcements and News
  • Random9 wrote: »

Almost makes TOO much sense..
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Random9 wrote: »

I would agree.
    jejuzang wrote: »
    Kinda hidden don't you think? And this thread is too...i bet most only check the 'general' page for the updates.

A thread about JTR, in the sub forum for JTR, how is that hidden? It's kinda like losing your car in a parking spot. It's where it belongs, looking in the wrong spot doesnt change that.

The best place to look for updates is the game updates and dev news and announcements. Beyond that, the next place to look for any discussion, is the recent discussion button. Unless you are looking for a specific topic, then you may want to check that sub forum.
  • jejuzang
    710 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

I would agree.

A thread about JTR, in the sub forum for JTR, how is that hidden? It's kinda like losing your car in a parking spot. It's where it belongs, looking in the wrong spot doesnt change that.

The best place to look for updates is the game updates and dev news and announcements. Beyond that, the next place to look for any discussion, is the recent discussion button. Unless you are looking for a specific topic, then you may want to check that sub forum.

So then why are all other posts, reposted on the general tab? For discussion? One would think that most people would want to to comment or discuss things under that tab.

///BREAK///

I say hidden because it is a dev annoucement and those are always copied and pasted into the general tab.

Also keep in mind that all other updates were posted for this week were posted to the general tab EXCEPT the one people are most curious about....i smell suspicion...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I would agree.

So then why are all other posts, reposted on the general tab? For discussion? One would think that most people would want to to comment or discuss things under that tab.

///BREAK///

I say hidden because it is a dev annoucement and those are always copied and pasted into the general tab.

Also keep in mind that all other updates were posted for this week were posted to the general tab EXCEPT the one people are most curious about....i smell suspicion...

That's not true, we "mega" things so they can be discussed, but the information is always "found" there. The mega thread is more to keep things neat than to act like a place to get that information.

There was no need to do that, as the date of an event doesn't really need discussion, it was just an update to the calendar, with a little extra clarity because it's a "special event" . This is a new system for the release on those events as per the cadence and it warranted more than just an addition to the calendar.
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    Well it shows as pinned under the recent discussions tab, which I think most people are probably using now.
  • jejuzang
    710 posts Member

I would agree.

///BREAK///

That's not true, we "mega" things so they can be discussed, but the information is always "found" there. The mega thread is more to keep things neat than to act like a place to get that information.

There was no need to do that, as the date of an event doesn't really need discussion, it was just an update to the calendar, with a little extra clarity because it's a "special event" . This is a new system for the release on those events as per the cadence and it warranted more than just an addition to the calendar.

@Kyno
    So this is a new system of how additions to the calender are added huh? Noted. I dont think that there was anything put out on a new system of announcements.

But honestly id bet that there are going to be tons of "terrible communication" posts once the event starts due to the lack of announcement both in game and the "new system for release"
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I would agree.

///BREAK///

Kyno
    So this is a new system of how additions to the calender are added huh? Noted. I dont think that there was anything put out on a new system of announcements.

But honestly id bet that there are going to be tons of "terrible communication" posts once the event starts due to the lack of announcement both in game and the "new system for release"

Well it just is new, I dint know of this is how they will do it all the time, but it makes sense because these are rare events and will be added a week before the event, so it does need a different way to "announce it" as it may not line up with an update.

Only time will tell, but the information was put out there in the normal location for information.....
  • Random9
    510 posts Member

I would agree.

///BREAK///

The people who copy and paste into general are just users, not mods or devs. An announcement from the devs with news about the game would be better suited for Dev Announcements and News than general discussion
  • jejuzang
    710 posts Member

I would agree.

///BREAK///

The people who copy and paste into general are just users, not mods or devs. An announcement from the devs with news about the game would be better suited for Dev Announcements and News than general discussion

Have you been to the "general" tab in the last 3 months?

All announcements have been consecutively posted there for a while, by mods and devs actually.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Redundant thread is posted, I point out why it's redundant, OP starts to argue that it's not redundant.

Fun thread.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Redundant thread is posted, I point out why it's redundant, OP starts to argue that it's not redundant.

Fun thread.

I love these forums

I would agree.

///BREAK///

All announcements have been consecutively posted there for a while, by mods and devs actually.

Most of the time it’s just users who repost it
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »

Fun thread.

I love these forums

I would agree.

///BREAK///

Most of the time it’s just users who repost it

100% of megas are made by mods, or devs.

If a topic proves to be hot we will merge, and label accordingly.