TB Ships 2.0 - All or nothing points

Stud3099
601 posts Member
It seems like the difficulty of the ships battles in phase 3 and 4 were okay. Maybe a little bit on the too easy side. But the jump from Phase 4 to Phase 5 was significant and now it's an all or nothing situation for TP which will cost stars. I can't imagine the difficult for Phase 6 of this TB and may not even get the chance to experience it. My ships aren't maxed but I don't believe they're bad either. 7 star ships with G9+, fully modded pilots.

CG, please spend some more time on this for the next TB. Either scale the difficulty more appropriately or give us waves back.

Replies

• Riegorn
    100 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Honestly since TB is supposed to be eng game content, G9 pilots should not be enough for phase 6, barely for phase 5 at this point. I struggled today too, tie strike from executrix killed everyone but biggs and wedge barely survived, was enough to finish last Tie. but yeah it sucks its all or nothing now.
  • I agree, the first 2 seemed too easy, but only a few in my guild have been able to beat the phase 5 battle.
  • Riegorn wrote: »
    Honestly since TB is supposed to be eng game content, G9 pilots should not be enough for phase 6, barely for phase 5 at this point. I struggled today too, tie strike from executrix killed everyone but biggs and wedge barely survived, was enough to finish last Tie. but yeah it sucks its all or nothing now.

Stud is in my guild and I agree with the difficulty being overtuned slightly.. my pilots aren't maxed but aside from a few I don't use most of my pilots are g10+
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    It seemed very difficult compared to the previous wave. However, the biggest issue is that now people who don't complete the wave get 0 points. Removing the multiple waves is going to negatively impact my guild's score, and might cost us a star on this phase...one that we were used to getting.
  • Ryche
    151 posts Member
    Almost pointless now to even try doing the ship battles.
    What brainless dev thought this was a good idea?

My ships got wrecked , I thought 6-7 star ships with GL 10-11 would be decent.
  • I agree that the new ship format of all or nothing in TB sucks. The 3 waves was a much better way to earn points, as that let all members contribute. Plus the difficulty jump from phase 4 to 5 was massive and unexpected. I am constantly top 3 in my fleet arena and i got my butt kicked in that phase.
  • Xhedao
    209 posts Member
    Totally agree with the all or nothing situation. Just used 7 star ships with pilots between G9 and 12, but my **** was kicked after several rounds. I do not have a problem with the fact, that I did not finish the mission. But with the fact, that I did not receive any points. That is a little bit frustrating, because before I was able to finish tat least two waves ^^
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    It's stupid. The funny thing is that high end guilds (140m+) just deploy and hit 3* without even needing many, if any, fleet combat missions.

Way overtuned on the difficulty. Way undertuned on how important it is to completing TB.
  • Basically guilds are missing out on millions of points, my guild alone lost out on 15mil points because noone could do the CM so all got 0 points, this cost us a star that we would normally make very easy and if it was the old system still would would actually have made an extra star so overall in phase 6 we lost 2 stars because of the change