Help me make a rancor raid team

Prev1
Dxtrinc
210 posts Member
edited May 2018
I've read a bunch about rancor teams. I was hoping everyone. Could help me out together a team from what i have.

https://swgoh.gg/u/dxtrinc/collection/

I can't seem to crack 700k for damage.

Thoughts?

Replies

• crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    For which tier? You don't have that many 7*, so it depends on how strict your "what you have" limit is and what your resources are to farm certain toons. You have Qui-Gon and Teebo but they are not starred, and Teebo is still in blue gear.
  • 1. Get CLS.

2. Solo Rancor Raid.
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    You've got the bones of a zvader team. Can be solo'd with:

Zvader
    Thrawn
    Tarkin

Plus 2 of:

Magma
    Tfp or Krennic
    Storm

Without Thrawn, should still do 2m
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    1. Get CLS.

2. Solo Rancor Raid.

I agree with this. I would much rather farm cls and do the raid that way rather than farm a rancour raid team and miss out on cls.
  • Dxtrinc
    210 posts Member
    Basically I'm going willing to farm characters for it but at the same time some people would tell me a team of characters that I have none and it will take ages.

What would you suggest?

Yes I'm working towards CLS. Wasting all my time on farm boy Luke lol

And I'm slowly getting a 7* pheonix team to get thrawn
  • 1. Get CLS.

2. Solo Rancor Raid.

What he said
  • Dxtrinc wrote: »
    Basically I'm going willing to farm characters for it but at the same time some people would tell me a team of characters that I have none and it will take ages.

What would you suggest?

Yes I'm working towards CLS. Wasting all my time on farm boy Luke lol

I know you're joking, and I know it feels like it - but it's not a waste ;) You get CLS at the end of it. And then it's game on.

• Dxtrinc
    210 posts Member
    Ya. I just hope R2 happens again before CLS. He won't and I'll have to wait forever again lol
    Ya. I just hope R2 happens again before CLS. He won't and I'll have to wait forever again lol

It happens. But set a goal and work towards it utterly single-mindedly. Be ready. And if you miss it this time, ensure that you sure as heck won't miss it the next.
  • FTP, QGJ, Teebo, GM Yoda, Phasma all have turn meter manipulation. FTP for tenacity down, speed and potency the others.
    There are other benefits to having QGJ, Phasma, GM Yoda, and Teebo anyway.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    I don't see much use for any of those anymore with the relative weakness of the Jedi or Phasma's lead. I guess maybe Teebo if you like Ewoks.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • gflegui
    294 posts Member
    Why do you want to do the Rancor Raid. EA is giving away frags han solo!
  • 1. Get CLS.

2. Solo Rancor Raid.

Lol, so true
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Dxtrinc wrote: »
    I've read a bunch about rancor teams. I was hoping everyone. Could help me out together a team from what i have.

Most people seem to be missing this part.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • So this isn't a solo team, but it may get you significantly more damage and may let you solo phase 1: Wedge, Biggs, Ackbar, Ezra or Leia, and Lando. You'll need more gear, and you'll need to be fast. This team also does great damage in P2 and P4 of HAAT, so it's not a waste to develop. I'd guess that in the time it would take you to build a full solo team, CLS will come around again.
  • Dxtrinc
    210 posts Member
    So this isn't a solo team, but it may get you significantly more damage and may let you solo phase 1: Wedge, Biggs, Ackbar, Ezra or Leia, and Lando. You'll need more gear, and you'll need to be fast. This team also does great damage in P2 and P4 of HAAT, so it's not a waste to develop. I'd guess that in the time it would take you to build a full solo team, CLS will come around again.

Landon is still worth it? I've heard yes and no
    So this isn't a solo team, but it may get you significantly more damage and may let you solo phase 1: Wedge, Biggs, Ackbar, Ezra or Leia, and Lando. You'll need more gear, and you'll need to be fast. This team also does great damage in P2 and P4 of HAAT, so it's not a waste to develop. I'd guess that in the time it would take you to build a full solo team, CLS will come around again.

I use Lando in HPit (until I get CLS) and HAAT. His AOE helps to take down the guards/cannons quickly, and under Wedge (L) he heals fast. I also found him useful in this last Assualt Battle. I like him, but he is fragile compared to the rest of the Rebels. It doesn't hurt to try him out once or twice and see what you think.
  • Dxtrinc
    210 posts Member
    Dxtrinc wrote: »

I use Lando in HPit (until I get CLS) and HAAT. His AOE helps to take down the guards/cannons quickly, and under Wedge (L) he heals fast. I also found him useful in this last Assualt Battle. I like him, but he is fragile compared to the rest of the Rebels. It doesn't hurt to try him out once or twice and see what you think.

Fair enough. I already have him at 5* so getting him the rest of the way won't take too long. Thanks!
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    It happens. But set a goal and work towards it utterly single-mindedly. Be ready. And if you miss it this time, ensure that you sure as heck won't miss it the next.

THIS!

I started prepping for Palpatine about a month ago and wouldn't spend anything; credits, mats, training droids, on anyone but the five best hopes I had based on my roster. My arena team suffered a bit. Went from waffling under and above to 200 to now hovering at 350-400 but it was worth it.

Managed to 7* the last character a few days before it launched and omega'd Biggs' Comrade-in-Arms on day 1 of the event. Had a sweet 7* Emperor to put on the mantle next to my family photos and scented candles.

Just will-power and determination. Try to not resource manage more than 1 or 2 teams at a time. Keep your arena team steadily improving and pick a legendary to prep for.

If rancor is your jam and don't want to wait months to be able to use CLS to solo it, then get your Teebo greatly improved and some extra turn manipulators. I use Jyn often. Tarkin too. My first order team + Old Daka does great in all phases but can't remove TM.
  • Dxtrinc
    210 posts Member
    I totally agree. A month ago I barely had any empire characters and what I did have was garbage. 3 or 4 star toons that we're barely usable.

Now I have a full 7*/gear 8 empire team with Palp/Vader/Tarkin/Stormtrooper/Tie Fighter Pilot. I gave up on basically everything and focused. Now all I need to do is work on gearing higher.

I also set a secondary goal of Pheonix for Thrawn. I have Ezra/Garazeb 7*, chopper is almost 7*, Hera is just over half way to 5*. All in only a few weeks. Kanan will be after I get Leia up to 7*. I'll work on Lando and have 2 full rebel squads.

Focus is a big deal in this game.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Have you tried a Vader lead empire team? Even without the zeta on Vader's lead it should be able to easily break those 700k dmg in the raid. Furthermore, getting your turnmeter reducers up to max level will help them land their TM reduction (Tarkin etc. only. Vader's lead is unresistable).
    Your best characters are trailing by 5 to 10 levels. Even your arena team. Bring them to level 84. Don't waste credits on characters, you don't use anyway.

If trying the Vader lead, then remember to load your team with as much speed as possible for more frequent chances to remove TM. Currently your speed mods are scattered all over the place (I would generally leave my best mods on my arena team, but still move them around to others, if I need them for raids or events).

https://swgoh.gg/u/dxtrinc/mods/?stat1_5=1

https://swgoh.gg/u/dxtrinc/mods/?stat2_5=1
  • Or even better if you do this:
  • Dxtrinc
    210 posts Member
    I've been working on teebo. Almost 7*. Gonna gear up and start using him. I also have Phasma at 7*.

Maybe

Teebo
    Vader
    Tarkin
    TFP
    CLS (should have him in a few weeks)

Maybe?
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    Either lightning fast with tons of damage or just pile on the TMR.

The team I'm trying to build up is:

zVader
    Jyn
    Teebo
    FOE

For the 5th I'm thinking Chirrut or someone else fast to provide health. Open to suggestions.

I'm also working towards 7* Thrawn eventually. Just Ezra shards and gear to go.
  • TMR toons X3
    Tenacity down toons X1
    Speed down toons X1

Don't waste a zeta on Vader if you can do this with not even omegaed toons. Teebo Jyn tarkin tfp and fox will do job nicely.

You can replace Jyn or tarkin with foo, if you are building up FO for bb8.
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    KRU for tenacity down, then. And Vader can inflict speed down with his AoE. Only 7* I have with speed down otherwise are RG and Phasma.

Already have my FO squad ready for BB8 without FOO so that won't be possible.
  • Dxtrinc
    210 posts Member
    Am I to understand that Vader's zeta isn't worth it?
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    It'll make it easier depending on what toons you have to go with him, basically. It's a toss-up. How long will it take you to farm enough to zeta someone else versus farm the characters needed to do the raid without Zader.
  • Sentia
    280 posts Member
    I used Teebo (L) with QGJ, Ewok Scout, Chewbacca and FOO for a while very early on, before CLS was available or Vader had a Zeta leadership. Could easily clear phase 1, other phases weren't as forgiving cause my mods were trash and my characters were only gear 9 but its a decent starter team if you don't have a lot of resources. Just be sure to give your Tm reducers a potency cross and speed arrow mods.

Nowadays its Akbar, BB8, CLS, Thrawn, Han. Auto battle and complete the full raid in about 10 minutes. Same team can dominate phase 3 of HAAT so they are worth investing in if your thinking about long term.