y reduce hard nodes from 8 to 5

2Next

Replies

• Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Maybe this means the newer toons aren't going in hard nodes....?

tumblr_on0i9198La1rk33lto1_500.gif
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    It’s very considerate for saving me crystals, MT and Wicket are both done today, back to stress free life :D
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    Bit annoyed as it was so sudden since I'm just hitting those single hard node farms but probably won't see a difference as I barely got 7 shore shards in the last week.
  • Can I just say this?

Before the change, this was my spending:

energy: 3 x 50 + 3 x 100

Sion node: 1 x 50 + 3 x 100

Sum = 450 + 350 = 800 (I get a daily income of 900 from arenas)

Now:

energy: 3 x 50 + 3 x 100 (100 for catina)

Sion node: 1 x 50

Sum = 500

Well, if you want to let me keep my crystals, fine.
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    This is like saying not keeping double drops forever is a cash grab. If they announced an end date for the 8 attempts no one would care but since people hoped that it would stay forever like the 3 to 5 change they're getting complainers
  • Definitely the the time to do it too... with so many people already fed up over the Sith Raid and Ships 2.0, endless bugs and issues, and a very subpar 2018... now was the exact time to roll it back.
    This brightened up my guild chat, that's for sure, it's exactly what people were looking for today.
    I for one, simply cannot wait to see what else is in store for us.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Random9 wrote: »
    This is like saying not keeping double drops forever is a cash grab. If they announced an end date for the 8 attempts no one would care but since people hoped that it would stay forever like the 3 to 5 change they're getting complainers

My problem is not that they removed it since they said they would. But when they seen it was so well recived( i am sure no one is against 8 sims) they couls have kept it, because I am sure it didnt have that much impact, positive or negative, on their income, but for us 1.65 shards per day or 2.66 is big difference.
  • xeynx
    38 posts Member
    Everything is this game is designed to generate revenue in some fashion. I don't think you need to really highlight the term "cash grab". It's a business, they make decisions based of said business to generate revenue.

I have to agree with others on this. The change severely impacts free to play players more than whales. Considering how many characters exist in the roster, and some of those are hard node only farms, I don't feel like 8 was a bad thing.

I don't think you can use past precedence as an argument as to why it shouldn't be 8. Just because it used to be 3 doesn't make people feel better about the change, temporary or not. Maybe if they'd given a week notice that it was coming to an end very soon it wouldn't have hit the community like a splash of cold water.

I look at it like this, what are the pros and cons of making the temporary change permanent. Or, frankly, making any change. Our pros/cons may not necessarily coincide with CG's =p.

Pros of staying at 8:
    The community likes it.
    Character farming speed is increased slightly. (I mean going from 1 -> 2 shards / day isn't that huge.)

Cons of staying at 8:
    May reduce spending in shipments. (Except the people straight out farming from hard nodes may not be actually purchasing from shipments.)

I can't think of any other cons really.

• I appreciated the jump to 8 but it seemed pretty clear from the start that it wouldn't last. 5 is fine, just means farming 4 hard nodes instead of 3.
  • The attempts on hard nodes could be unlimited as far as I'm concerned, the limit is nothing more than a TAX which taxes you some crystals for every few attempts you do. I personally think that the game is very successful at generating revenue as it is. Many people buy Marquee packs, I'm sure those characters make enough cash in the first few days that would pay off all the work that was done on them and some.

I never used shipments as a farming method and I NEVER will because shipments are overcharging players. Patience goes a long way in this game, however when a character has been out for soooo long. We go through the Marquee pack period, then we go through the shipment only period and then we get those characters "f2p", but if they are on a single hard node how are they really f2p. At this point even a patient person will run out of patience...

Anyways the 8 attempt limit had me spending all my energy in hard nodes and farming alot less gear, which pushed me to buy gear from shipments. Now I guess I'll have more energy to farm gear so I'll be spending less on shipment gear.
  • To be honest i thought the temporary increase in hard nodes relieved some frustrations from the game, made it a little easier, helped the customers some what, and made the game strategy team seem a little more understanding.

During the same period weve had the sith raid debacle (still goes unacknowledged in the thread) causing massive frustration which is ongoing, then the chat changes adding more frustration with the lack of thought about donations, then the sith raid bugs that frustrate the whales (that has their attention), and of course ships 2.0, i think we can agree there has been some frustration recently which is unresolved.

So the one minor change recently that reduced frustration a little, got pulled? We all knew it was coming, it would have been better and less frustrating, if as already has been mentioned a weeks notice would be given that it would be pulled.

But to be honest im certainly not surprised, and dont care too much anymore
  • Poxx wrote: »
    Just b happy it didn't get rolled back to the original 3. 5 was supposed to b temporary as well.

They won't let me sell excess gear...must b a cash grab.

They r releasing new toons faster...must b a cash grab.

This new toon is OP, Gotta have it !...must b a cash grab.

I can't farm hard nodes fast enuf...must b a cash grab.

They took away 100 crystals/day pkg from the store...must b a cash grab.

Cash grab is the new "wolf". Plz stop crying it. It's old.

Actually you summarized all the cash grabs pretty well.
  • I'm disappointed that they changed it back. Especially after all the toons they have put on hard nodes lately.
  • Is that a punishment?
    I try very hard to understand, really, but this reduction 'feels' very wrong...
  • dogwelder79
    1482 posts Member
    Who cares? Most days I got 0 shards anyway. I noticed no difference between 5 and 8.
  • I've been farming krennic and shoretrooper for like 7 months lol.
  • I'm shocked by the amount of people who defended CG/EA on this one. A business needs to make money as that is no doubt their sole purpose, but the amount of time it takes to farm a single hard node character is just insanity. With the speed in which they are now releasing characters I can't see a reason why they couldn't keep the amount at 8, which is still a low enough number to keep us farming a single character MONTHS longer than it should.
  • Tygra
    123 posts Member
    Well, I was losing crystals with the increase to 8 attempts per day but now I'm not, so thanks for allowing me to build my crystals back up without spending money lol