Which home ship is best post update?

2Next

Replies

• Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    Akbar is who I use but then again I only have 3/4 .... What's the chimaera ? And where can I get one ?

Chimera is Grand Admiral Thrawn’s command ship. To get it, you need to unlock Thrawn (obviously) with a Phoenix team via his event that happens every few months, and you also need to unlock Chimera separately in its event by using a fleet of Rebel ships including Ghost and Phantom and the capital ship Home One.
  • Mace Windu
    lol this post is hilarious. Has anyone actually used the Endurance?? Post update, it’s the best capital ship
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    What.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Grand Moff Tarkin
    Cahhmakt wrote: »
    lol this post is hilarious. Has anyone actually used the Endurance?? Post update, it’s the best capital ship

I haven’t seen one but it looks like trash.
  • Stokat
    823 posts Member
    I still have no clue what ships are good/better/meta so in order to at least have some direction I decided to focus on my FO ships. If I’m going to lose it big against some new meta I might as well to it with the faction I love. And in the off chance they release general Hugs (Hux) in a new legendary event and give him a new capital ship loaded with FO synergies I’ll be ready
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    @Stokat Kylo Rens Shuttle reinforcement ability is awesome.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    I'm starting to have trouble beating the new maxed Executrixes (?) in my shard with my Chim due to the TM shenanigans. Might have to switch back to it as well.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Grand Moff Tarkin
    TVF wrote: »
    I'm starting to have trouble beating the new maxed Executrixes (?) in my shard with my Chim due to the TM shenanigans. Might have to switch back to it as well.

It’s clearly superior at this point my pilots are mostly g11 and I don’t fall out of the top ten with them.
  • Shaunyvee
    916 posts Member
    Grand Moff Tarkin
    Big fan of executrix.

Need those ship upgrades though.

I find most battles after thrawns ultimate Im able to clean up.

Biggs/silencer/tie to open

Vader or gauntlet Starfighter (I swear gauntlet is closet OP) first reinforcement.

Then the other one of those or reaper if I'm going really well.

No 2 battles go the same for me on offense depending on RNG, but I find I'm winning ? 7/8 times out of 10
  • Grand Moff Tarkin
    I put Tark, but AA is very close and may be more versatile as Tark is tied more to Empire toons and debuffers
  • I see SF all over this post, I am assuming that is Sun Fac???
  • Yeah something weird is going on. My fully geared and modded Thrawn apparently doesn't give enough speed to his cap ship to ever outspeed my opponent. Does Cap Ship star count influence speed?
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    Yes, everything except mod bonuses affect ship speed. But it's also important to know that capital ships have different speeds naturally. There are some that are just faster than others.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Grand Moff Tarkin
    Chimaera > Executrix > Home One > Chimaera.

If that makes no sense, here's the same idea in different terms:

Rock > Scissors > Paper > Rock.

Based on how people using Chimaera are having trouble with Executrix, I think the plan was for Endurance to beat Executrix and be beaten by Chimaera. But, unfortunately, Endurance's speed and ultimate weren't rebalanced with 3 starting ships in mind, so it's too slow and its ult takes too long to come off cooldown and can't compete with Executrix's ult despite being a natural counter.

So always remember the words of Cato the Elder: Furthermore, I believe Endurance must be improved.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Grand Moff Tarkin
    Shoot. I forgot to vote. I hit Tarkin, but didn't hit vote. How American of me.

Anyway, the point of the post up above is to explain that I think all four are INTENDED to be in a balanced equilibrium where each one is a hard counter to one other and a competitive fight against a second, while losing outright to the third. However, because Mace (which I think is intended to be a hard counter to Tarkin, be competitive with Ackbar, and lose to Thrawn) isn't working properly, that leaves Tarkin as the best.

So until Endurance is rebalanced for the new mechanics, Tarkin reigns supreme. BUT! But! But don't go thinking you should invest a boatload of resources in Tarkin and then just sit on your hands. Work on all of them, because eventually they're going to work it out. Or, alternatively, instead of Paper, Rock, Scissors this is actually Paper, Rock, Scissors, Lizard, Spock and the ship Mace is intended to counter just hasn't been released yet.

Bottom line: Work on all of them.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Grand Moff Tarkin
    Cahhmakt wrote: »
    If you don't look at its speed, Endurance owns bones. But once you start using it you realize that it wasn't meant for 2.0.

They deliberately made it slow in 1.0 so that you had time to get a few target locks up so you could use your AoE to maximum effect or use the taunt on whoever had the most health after the AI's initial burst of special abilities. Endurance then sped up as the battle progressed thanks to Valor making up for its slow speed. But that first turn took F O R E V E R to come up...

In 2.0 you're just as slow as you were before, but now instead of 5 ships with Valor you have 3. Worse yet, because there are just as many dispels as there were before, now instead of the AI dispelling 20% of your Valors with one move, they dispel 33%. To make it EVEN WORSE, if people were smart and using 5s instead of the newly-bad TIE Fighter they would have two easy dispels at hand, dropping you to just one Valor until a reinforcement arrives.

Similarly, Endurance's ultimate was excellent in 1.0 because it had a real long cooldown, but you had Valor dropping it to the point where it was practically a lot closer to the other ships' ults. But now it's still 16 turns, and you've only got one or two Valors to discount the cooldown along with your very, very slow speed.

The actual effect of the ult is arguably better than before (I say arguably because there's always someone who will argue anything, I think if you're being reasonable you'd say it's strictly better in all ways), especially once fully upgraded. Before you would have to time it properly so that your ult went off just before Imperial Assault, but likely one or two ships would take turns before Executrix did, so some of your fleet would still get destroyed. Now you have two turns of functional immunity, but more importantly you can't have that effect dispelled. But all that is a moot point since it takes so long for his ult to come off cooldown because, as I said, he's so slow and Valor isn't doing the work it used to.

Also his AoE is bad now. Its main use is to give you Valor, and if it hits more than one ship you're having a lucky day and should go buy lottery tickets. Worse yet, you rely so heavily on Valor and its cooldown is so wonky that picking which ability to use or whether to not use any ability and bring in a reinforcement instead is a tough decision where the correct answer means you get to keep playing and the wrong answer means you just lose. Compare that to Executrix's clear order of AoE, Reinforce, Offense Up, Reinforce, AoE, Ult, Win or Chimaera's. Home One has more tactical abilities that lead to more decisions, too, but the choice is usually more obvious and, even if not, you've still got that rocking AoE to fall back on.
  • Grand Moff Tarkin
    gufu21 wrote: »
    Stokat wrote: »
    Where is the ”I don’t know anything about anything anymore” option?

It looks like the gamechangers don't know either.

Mobile and Ahnold: Chimaera is still the best.
    Nukin: Executrix is amazing.
    Warrior: Home One is amazing.

The only thing we seem to know now is that Endurance isn't even in the conversation.

My hunch is that Thrawn is still the best generally, but Ackbar could be the best if you're running Geonosians. I'm almost positive it isn't Tarkin: I'm still running him myself (no Thrawn, g8 Ackbar), and I get obliterated by Thrawn's ultimate EVERY. DANG. TIME. And my Tarkin is g12. I've only survived to use my ultimate a couple times, only to have it throw a dozen wet noodles on the enemy ships.

Have you maxed "victory at all costs"? I havent dropped out of the top ten since doing so. Executrix is great.
  • Grand Admiral Thrawn
    He is even better now. Now He has a cooldown advantage over Tarkin. It was vica versa before.
    Now it is definitely him who is better.
    Ackbar got better, Windu got worse, but they are still not as good as Thrawn.
  • Roopehun
    344 posts Member
    Grand Moff Tarkin
    He is even better now. Now He has a cooldown advantage over Tarkin. It was vica versa before.
    Now it is definitely him who is better.

Thrawn always had a lower cd ultimate.
  • DarthGugel
    175 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Grand Admiral Thrawn
    @Cahhmakt Mace Windu was trash and will always be trash I beat a ton of highly leveled, for my team, Endurance teams
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Grand Moff Tarkin
    I don't know about that, I frequently beat g12 Thrawns with my (at the time) g9 Ackbar. I'll have Ackbar at G11 tomorrow, and it's not like he's getting any slower or hits any softer as his gear goes up.

EDIT: There's also someone making a credible case for Mace in one of the General Discussion megathreads (why are there still two?), but it uses ships that I don't have at useful levels yet (7* ships, 7* pilots, but only g7/8) so I can't really confirm. But, basically, it stalls out on defense and bullies through on offense.
  • Mace Windu
    Funny is I’m the only one to defend mace. Despite a handful of thrawn players who are faster than I or who do not get target locked easily, I win all of my battles and rank now easily top 5, often even top 1. But indeed some improvement can still be done on mace
  • Grand Admiral Thrawn
    I guess the reason why there are few Maces is because he is not used elsewhere compared to GMT AA and GAT.
    Ships that go well with Mace have pilots that are also rarely used outside of Fleet.

I hope they do a better rework on Mace's toon.
    If they can't give him Taunt, give him a good leadership for raids.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    I don't see how Endurance is viable no matter how good your Mace is because Valor got nerfed by going to 3x3. I don't use it or even see it though so I could be wrong.
  • Grand Admiral Thrawn
    TVF wrote: »
    I don't see how Endurance is viable no matter how good your Mace is because Valor got nerfed by going to 3x3. I don't use it or even see it though so I could be wrong.

I wouldn't want to know either. My resources are going to Executrix for Zeta challenge, then Home One for Chimera...then Chimera.

Endurance really doesn't have much selling point compared to the rest.
  • Calastar
    304 posts Member
    Grand Admiral Thrawn
    I guess the reason why there are few Maces is because he is not used elsewhere compared to GMT AA and GAT.
    Ships that go well with Mace have pilots that are also rarely used outside of Fleet.

Have a look.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/166423/new-mace-windu-kit-for-jedi-rework#latest
    I make character kits! Ask me and I will try my best to make one for fun.
  • Grand Admiral Thrawn
    Calastar wrote: »

Have a look.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/166423/new-mace-windu-kit-for-jedi-rework#latest

Exactly what we need for STR.
    This would bump up Mace's value and people might use him more in Fleet.
    Justice for Mace!