Returning Player looking for best team!

JohnLove11
153 posts Member
edited June 2018
So I played aaaaages ago and I've just come back, Im level 62 and have a few heroes farmed up to good levels but I didn't really know what I was doing so feel like most of it was probably pretty pointless (Darth Sidious haha). Ive read good things about Phoenix Squad etc but they are all a long way off being unlocked and a viable option (only just unlocked Ezra as my first one yesterday).

I think Enfys Nest is good for me at the minute so I've been focusing on her a fair bit so if I can build a team around her that would be good if not I don't mind.

Im not sure how good all the new heroes are with young Han/lando etc so cautious to farm them up.

Basically I just need help on building a team based on what I've already got and i don't want to waste time levelling up heroes when there are better options for me based on what I have already!

I made a SWGOH.GG account so people can see what I currently have

https://swgoh.gg/u/johnlove/collection/

Thank you to anybody that helps! (P.s Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section)

Replies

• crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator
    edited June 2018
    Well, from your current position, EVERY team is a long way off, so don't let that stop you farming Phoenix. They will help you at low level, are necessary for Thrawn (and some TB missions), and can get you Palp, too.

Otherwise, Enfys can be good for you, and you can pair her with your Boba and some other scoundrels for heists. It might be worth it to hold off on the other Solo toons for now outside of what you might need for said heists...they won't be farmable for a few months anyway.

You should also work on gearing Tarkin for his capital ship.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Don't worry too much about squad arena for the time being. It will probably take several months for you to return to ranks where the increase in crystal income is significant. Ofc. that depends on how long time you were away. I have an alt account, which I picked up again after a 14 months break. I only just broke back into the low 100s a few weeks ago. However, I was lucky to join a relatively young fleet arena shard where I rank in top—10 most days. So... how is your fleet arena shard? If you have a chance to reach top—50 or even higher, I would focus heavily on various pilots, that ate usefull in fleet arena. Ofc. also follow one of the standard farming guides for new players (probably suggestion Phoenix to unlock Thrawn and Palpatine, 3 further Empire toons to unlock R2D2 and then the remaining 4 rebels to unlock CLS).

After you've unlocked EP, your team could be:

EP lead, Vader, TFP, Tarkin and Boba. Replace Boba for Thrawn, when you unlock him. Until then don't worry too much about arena. You will probably soon hit a wall and then only progress very, very slowly until you build a good team.

How is your guild? Finding an active guild with lots of guild activity is also important.
  • For you right now I would say Boba(L), DV, Enfys, DS, And IG-86
  • Start working on Phoenix - they have several uses.
  • Phoenix.

Empire.

Scoundrels.

Pick two of those to focus on.
  • Jubai
    112 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Wrong time to return, the game is an absolute mess. Ships are worse than ever as its totally unfair, the chimera is more over powered than Jiren fused with ultra instinct so that's your only choice when it comes to capital ships. You have only a few team choices unless you pay for the new solo movie char's, you could go sith like the other 80% +of the arena data base, that's an option. Still, what ever team you choose, doesn't matter as rng will always win ( an so will the overly increased enemy debuff values) Good luck
  • Sparrow
    525 posts Member
    @JohnLove11 so my advice would be to start over, your arena shard will be way ahead of you by now and level 62 is fairly easy to get to if you are playing daily.

Also over on Reddit there are some really great guides but as others have said phoenix and scoundrels are a very good place to start.
  • @Sparrow Would it not be a waste to start again? I know some of my heroes I have at the minute may not be the best but surely it would be best to just farm from now so I have all the energy available and access to ships etc etc?
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    JohnLove11 wrote: »
    @Sparrow Would it not be a waste to start again? I know some of my heroes I have at the minute may not be the best but surely it would be best to just farm from now so I have all the energy available and access to ships etc etc?

Choice is yours. If you want to be super-competitive in Arena then restart.

If you're cool and sane and want to have fun lol then carry on, work with you got.

(Phoenix, Empire, Scoundrels ;))
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    @Sparrow Would it not be a waste to start again? I know some of my heroes I have at the minute may not be the best but surely it would be best to just farm from now so I have all the energy available and access to ships etc etc?

That depends on what you prefer. I've really enjoyed playing my alt after the 14 months break. It's been a different experience, but a very enjoyable challenge.

You should only restart if you plan on playing consistently and competively. If you play a bit more casually and you are satisfied by ranking 201st or worse in arena, you might as well just continue your current account. Your crystal income will be more or less the same, but you will be closer to get access to heroic raid(s) and higher tiers of various challenges and events. If you start over, you won't have access to ships, territory wars and such the first few weeks.

So.... it's all up to you. What's your plan? What would you enjoy more?
  • JohnLove11
    153 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    At the moment I just want to focus mostly on the PVE stuff and unlocking and levelling the best heroes. I don't feel I am anywhere near PVP level but later on it may be something that interests me if I get high enough level
  • The_boss_350
    152 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    At the moment I just want to focus mostly on the PVE stuff and unlocking and levelling the best heroes. I don't feel I am anywhere near PVP level but later on it may be something that interests me if I get high enough level

So don’t restart, keep going and good luck ;)!!!!!!
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Good luck, @JohnLove11. Enjoy your game :—)
  • ZCD_9915
    356 posts Member
    Pheonix and scoundrels
  • crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator

Restarting is up to you. It's not a waste if you're that low level....it's just sunk cost fallacy.

But if you don't want the effort of a restart, just be ok with having a hard arena climb.
  • Sparrow
    525 posts Member

the main reason to restart is because you can more easily climb to the top of arena when everyone else on your shard does not have a 2 year head start on you. and if you get tot he top you can earn a ton of crystals which will make your progress very fast.