Hermit Yoda's dodging & escape mechanism

Weltall
98 posts Member
Aloha !

When using Hermit in the STR (or any other raid for that matter), his ability to dodge incoming attacks when a boss enrages seems to be not working as indicated by his "In Exile"

trvyo0cc6rjh.jpg

As many are using him in STR p2 (Sion) i am giving this example:
once enrage hits, the boss simply ignores Yoda's dodging mechanics. If Yoda is the last muppet standing and the boss uses 2 basic attacks of which the 1st kills the last squaddie next to yoda, the 2nd attack should per tooltip miss when attacking Hermit so he can escape - which doesn't happen.

Let's say that enraged bosses have 100% hit chance (which isn't indicated by Sion's desciption) with their basics, Hermit's escape should still take effect as soon as his last co-squaddie falls - not in 2-5 bonus turns, but simply immediately - because that's how his ability should work, not stand around and admire the carvings on the wall and getting backstabbed but get the *** out of dodge.

Can someone please look into this issue.

Replies

• Yeah I posted the same question as a bug but of course no response, the unofficial answer is that enraged raid bosses get increased accuracy which overrides Hoda dodge. I've used Hoda in every STR heroic raid phase 1 my guild has done and he has always died at enrage UNLESS I put foresight on him
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    All Enraged bosses gain 100% Accuracy. It's not written on the description but it applies to ALL raid bosses.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    And just to add on, Kermit only checks for Escape at the start of a turn, not midway through a Boss with bonus actions. It's not written in Kermit description but that's how it works.
  • Weltall
    98 posts Member
    We are all well aware how it currently works, that's the problem and hence his thread... ;)

Regardless - If a boss gains a bonus action after killing the semi-last squaddie, that means that after 1 action is taken, then, in the quick pause for the AI to decide it's next action, Hermit should escape - In Exile 's tooltip says exactly that and not "after xyz bonus actions/turns etc."

Regarding the 100% accuracy, i've had the Rancor's attacks getting dodged by squaddies after GMYoda had foresight spread across the team via Battle meditation.
    And yet, what does 100% accuracy VS. 100% dodge mean ? Unstoppable Force meets Immovable Object....

I have more the impression that this isn't a theorycrafting thing, but rather either an overlooked glitch or a programming problem to get the dodge&escape mechanism working properly. Considering how fast the STR's TM manipulation loopholes with STHan/DT/Fives etc. got closed, this issue here is taking way too long and adding significant frustrations.
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    There is no escape from STR. The ability had been disabled and probably extends to Hermit Yoda.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    The foresight case is different, as it's a guaranteed avoid for avoidable attacks. It increases dodge by 999,900%, whereas Yoda's is only 100%.

In this game, 100% of a stat doesn't equate to 100% chance of something--take tenacity as the classic example. They WOULD equate to 100% chance IF those numbers were not mitigated by other stats, such as accuracy and potency. So I have no problem with enraged hitting him, as enraged is meant to wipe you. It's possible in some cases to survive several turns past enraged, but not indefinitely.

The fact that he doesn't escape right away is more troublesome, given that the wording implies it should happen right away. There was the suggestion of the escape mechanic not being available in Sith raid, but I'm pretty sure I've used him to tag 0. I think it's more likely it just doesn't trigger between the bonus moves.

Whether that's WAI for Yoda or it's an issue with raid boss bonus moves is unclear. I've noticed that turn and enrage counters don't update until after the bonus move, which can be frustrating for following what's going on. I'm still half convinced the tank applies enraged effects a turn early.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    There is no escape from STR. The ability had been disabled and probably extends to Hermit Yoda.

This is true, and may explain that element of the issue.

Foresight is different than 100% dodge, at least mechanically speaking. It can only be overridden by attacks that "cannot be evaded" or toons who "cannot dodge" (i.e. - stunned)
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    The 100% here is the same as those 100% to Tenacity bonus, enough to negate most effects but not a true avoidance. Tenacity Up and Foresight are both 999900% bonus if I'm not mistaken. So it's clearly not a case of Unstoppable Force vs Immovable Object.
  • Weltall
    98 posts Member

That is not correct.
    Hermit can escape from the STR in the scenario when
    a) bosses don't use an AOE (which is special damage instead of physical and thus not avoidable by In Exile) - in this case i am not arguing because it's WAI.
    b) The boss kills the last squaddie (next to Yoda) with his basic attack and has no bonus move left to hit Hermit with it.

Given the fact that the Zeta on Master's Training has virtually written "Train someone to stealth and escape successfully" all over it, and having to restart the whole encounter if the escape is unsuccessful - due to a programming bug - but one yet wants to preserve Hermit for a subsequent Phase is the troublesome and frustrating part of the whole story.
  • Weltall wrote: »

That is not correct.
    Hermit can escape from the STR in the scenario when
    a) bosses don't use an AOE (which is special damage instead of physical and thus not avoidable by In Exile) - in this case i am not arguing because it's WAI.
    b) The boss kills the last squaddie (next to Yoda) with his basic attack and has no bonus move left to hit Hermit with it.

Given the fact that the Zeta on Master's Training has virtually written "Train someone to stealth and escape successfully" all over it, and having to restart the whole encounter if the escape is unsuccessful - due to a programming bug - but one yet wants to preserve Hermit for a subsequent Phase is the troublesome and frustrating part of the whole story.

I think at the character design, they didnt think of the possibility that some toons may have more accuracy than 100%.
    So, I think currently hoda is not WAI when he fails to escape at the end.