The Great Galactic Farming Guide Part 1: the Cantina Store

In Part 1 of the great galactic farming guide, we look at characters in the cantina battle store.

https://youtu.be/_lbCYfyBSOk

Replies

• YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    No love for Pao? Not even for his Chex Mix contributions? Since Baze is not farmable until level 83 (I think) when you unlock the LS Stage 9, Pao could also be used in LSTB as a fill-in for the Rogue One node for early game players.

Ok, I'll stop pumping his tires. I agree he's not worth the farm.

Daka is definitely a B, and for early game players especially, being one of the few (if not the only) darkside healers in the game is a huge plus. Not to mention the revives she offers. She can be a huge asset for the players struggling to finish the GW early on.

I think First Order Officer is a little better that you're suggesting here. I think he's close to being absolutely essential to a FO team. It's true there are other FO toons that can be used, but with him being as fast as he is, he's needed to kickstart the TM train that FO teams thrive off of. Not only that, but the fact that 3 of the other FO toons are farmed from cantina energy nodes, and two are somewhat lengthy farms in hard nodes, getting FOO from the Cantina Battles store is a great way for beginner players to quickly get a FO team in place for all the areas that First Order are needed (but most importantly, unlocking BB8).

The only thing that confused me about the video was the comment at the end where you had the Jawa as 3rd or 4th as the priority unless you have the crit damage mods simmable already. Considering you can't even attempt the 3rd tier without him, that's pretty hard to do.

Anyway, great video. I look forward to the rest.
  • YKMisfit wrote: »
    No love for Pao? Not even for his Chex Mix contributions? Since Baze is not farmable until level 83 (I think) when you unlock the LS Stage 9, Pao could also be used in LSTB as a fill-in for the Rogue One node for early game players.

Ok, I'll stop pumping his tires. I agree he's not worth the farm.

Not worth the farm? Let's go back to your first comment. Pao is a fine member for Rogue 1 LSTB. I got a 6/6 clear on Phase 6 in the last one, which was a first for me. Should have tried Pao in there before, silly of me not to!
    y8IOzh4.png
    lCPkH39.png
  • YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    Don't get me wrong, I love me some Pao, but I'm pretty sure you could plug in any 7* G11 R1 toon in that spot and accomplished the same thing. And some of those toons have viability in other areas.

Bistan - Has a ship that is close to being essential for Chimaera and can help to solo the Rancor
    Baze - Great in arena and one of the more irritating tanks to have to deal with. Also, strong synergy with Chirrut. The ideal 5th to round out a R1 team.
    Bhodi - Probably a step below Pao even, but at G11, would probably give you the same result as you had above and he's an even easier farm than Pao.
  • Bistan does not work as well in LSTB. Baze ... I thought we were talking R1 teams sans Baze. Bhodi ... well I can't speak to that, I haven't geared him since Pao does the Offense Up job better.
  • I started a thread a while back about running R1 without Baze, and that was one of the reasons I said what I did initially in this thread. Obviously for people that have Baze and the rest of the R1 team, there's no reason to farm Pao unless they're running Chex Mix in HSTR.

But I'm with you. I'm all for Pao! ThunderWhack, give Pao some love! D or D- maybe.