Why does fleet defense AI have a 4x damage multiplier?

I'm tracking damage all day in fleet and defense AI is consistently doing 4-5x more damage than I am on offense. Was this intended? Anyone else noticing the disparity?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ever think your opponents could have upgraded some of the attacks? Most of the last tier abilities add 30% damage
  • Schnitzelmaker
    7 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Because he AI have a buff on their stats on defense because they are not really smart .

Its can simple seen when having the same ships with same power and stats that the defense has more hp/speed than yours.
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    Because he AI have a buff on their stats on defense because they are not really smart .

Is this fact or speculation?
  • Schnitzelmaker
    7 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »

Does CG ever tell if anything is a fact?

But its easily observable.
    Especially Ship Speed and HP.
    Have seen a lot of time that slower enemy ships attack first before your own faster ships.
    Similar for HP. Health Bar for Enemy Ships are bigger than your even if your Ship have more HP in the Stats.

And which was more surprising for me the own Ships in defense have lesser problems to defeat an enemy than having them on auto in attack. Which normally should be the same?
  • Odd. I've never seen a slower ship go first. In any of my many fleet battles. The only time speed is the only factor is at the start of the battle. After that first turn, there are so many TM manipulation possibilities it's hard to keep track.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »

Does CG ever tell if anything is a fact?

But its easily observable.
    Especially Ship Speed and HP.
    Have seen a lot of time that slower enemy ships attack first before your own faster ships.
    Similar for HP. Health Bar for Enemy Ships are bigger than your even if your Ship have more HP in the Stats.

And which was more surprising for me the own Ships in defense have lesser problems to defeat an enemy than having them on auto in attack. Which normally should be the same?

speed is by far the easiest to prove, yet no one has ever done so. I wonder why that is...
    The smaller the health bars are, the more there are, the more health a unit has.
    I don't know what you mean with that last sentence.
    Anyway, it's just speculation and ea/cg have always denied there was an AI advantage. I don't see the benefit in lying about that, especially since they made the AI weak on purpose so that the players can feel good about winning on offence. It just doesn't make sense to have weak AI, but buffed stats.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Ive seen it to I have maxed Unmasked kylo 2 zetas, all gear spots filled, and he always goes second to opponents slower kylo, Same goes with my Chirma which is causing me to loose every battle i play unless i get a very good ring. it makes no sence too me that upgrading a pilot and ship to max levels so highest possible speed and a heavy gear grind and i'm a worse team for it.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I'm tracking damage all day in fleet and defense AI is consistently doing 4-5x more damage than I am on offense. Was this intended? Anyone else noticing the disparity?

4—5 times the damage? With equal ability levels, offense, buffs/debuffs and team buffs from capital ships etc.? I have a hard time believing you, but please convince me by providing your data.
  • I'd love to see an enemy tie advanced hitting me for 500k, that would be amazing
  • I'd love to see someone with a real reason and all the proof to complain that fleet ai is given advantages.
  • Stick0014 wrote: »
    Ive seen it to I have maxed Unmasked kylo 2 zetas, all gear spots filled, and he always goes second to opponents slower kylo, Same goes with my Chirma which is causing me to loose every battle i play unless i get a very good ring. it makes no sence too me that upgrading a pilot and ship to max levels so highest possible speed and a heavy gear grind and i'm a worse team for it.

You've got all 5* mods on your KRU right?
  • The_boss_350
    152 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I just attacked and a ship did 40k on a basic when I am not even that high in fleet arena and I do max crut damage 20k and that is rare, also the capital ship of the other team always plays first (each time, not once I played first ) and the other team always targeted the same ship, always the same, fleet arena is kinda strange…
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    I just attacked and a ship did 40k on a basic when I am not even that high in fleet arena and I do max crut damage 20k and that is rare, also the capital ship of the other team always plays first (each time, not once I played first ) and the other team always targeted the same ship, always the same, fleet arena is kinda strange…

1. Rank has no influence whatsoever on damage. Nothing strange here.
    2. The enemy capital ship always going first is not strange either. What was your capital ship's speed? And speed of enemy capital ship? What TM manipulation (if any) happened in the battle?
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    "A ship did 40k on basic."

There's so much additional information needed here. That statement alone means nothing.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Damodamo
    1574 posts Member
    Odd. I've never seen a slower ship go first. In any of my many fleet battles. The only time speed is the only factor is at the start of the battle. After that first turn, there are so many TM manipulation possibilities it's hard to keep track.
    This, is your tie faster than the other sides? If yes you go first, if not then you won’t, then nothing really is trackable, it all kind of blurs..I might spreadsheet it one day if could be kittened to do it but, probably wouldn’t..
  • Waqui wrote: »

2. The enemy capital ship always going first is not strange either. What was your capital ship's speed? And speed of enemy capital ship? What TM manipulation (if any) happened in the battle?

What I meant is that the another teams are not that strong, so the damage is surprising, I am not giving any love to my ships anyway so I never really play fleet arena.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »

What I meant is that the another teams are not that strong, so the damage is surprising, I am not giving any love to my ships anyway so I never really play fleet arena.

Damage is surprising if you don't understand fleet.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

T
    Waqui wrote: »

Let me guess:
    You judge their strength purely by GP? And purely GP of the entire fleet including the hidden reinforcements?

And the the little gem about you not developing your ships much, yet you still wonder how other ships hit harder.