Server Update 6/18/2018 [MEGA]

Replies

• pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Really though... This is shutting the barn door after the horses escaped. Absolutely ridiculous "fix".
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    I like how this gets fixed only after the players in the stronger guild abuse it for some time. Catering to the 1% a little bit?
  • Rogueleader711
    18 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    This also discourages members of clusters of guilds from helping the lower guilds to achieve hSTR status since they won't be able to receive the rewards. Being a hSTR guild is a current standard that many players are looking for in a guild. So not only is it too little too late and basically a slap in the face of people that are putting in the time, effort and money into building up these guilds but a major discouragement to those that would be interested in helping sister guilds achieve hSTR status... @CG_SBCrumb
  • aloomis16
    66 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I think this is fair and provides relief to people who merced out of necessity
    ācιßösöχ

Join the official Grand Arena Discord Server
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    pac0naut wrote: »
    "The raid reward limit per person cannot be violated. But was set higher than one can achieve while in a single guild.

That is the system they set in place, the limited the abuse to what they deem as an acceptable limit and allow those that want to go through the extra effort a reward for doing so. At least that's how I see it."

Hey @Kyno - how's that extra reward going?

just fine, @pac0naut. They are changing the limit, I'm sure many will still raid at whatever the programmed limit is.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    "The raid reward limit per person cannot be violated. But was set higher than one can achieve while in a single guild.

That is the system they set in place, the limited the abuse to what they deem as an acceptable limit and allow those that want to go through the extra effort a reward for doing so. At least that's how I see it."

Hey @Kyno - how's that extra reward going?

just fine, @pac0naut. They are changing the limit, I'm sure many will still raid at whatever the programmed limit is.

I'll dust off the alt guild every 11th week to get my second raid in. Or just go merc for a smaller guild.
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Really though... This is shutting the barn door after the horses escaped. Absolutely ridiculous "fix".

This fix wasnt meant to solve the probelm, it was meant to cut your losses. Its more of "closing the barn door after the horses escape because you're getting new horses and you dont want those horses to escape as well.
    Post edited by swgohfan29 on
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    So you instill a cap, but ignore the countless other issues going on that people have been bringing to your attention with the STR? @CG_SBCrumb, there is a whole thread with almost 30 pages of feedback and yet nothing has been done or said in there by you or any of the team in weeks. That’s not good communication and is destroying all progress that was made previously. You may want to dust off that old thread and start communicating just a little bit.
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    catnip wrote: »
    Our main issue mentioned in the other thread:

You can legitimately, without any guild hopping, complete three raids in a week if you started it with enough leftover tickets from the previous one (e.g. Monday, Thursday, Sunday). It's rare, but it does happen. Does that mean the raid on Sunday won't give us any rewards? @CG_SBCrumb
    Updated the OP and the second post in this discussion with some answers to initial questions.
    TLDR; Full details in the OP. You will still get rewards, the system will account for the 3 raid

I’m convinced you have no idea what you are doing.
  • Ah who cares, traya probably gonna get nerfed once the average player can unlock her. This game is so so orientated towards the krakken and whales in every single way
  • In short: whoever already unlocked Traya by changing guild even once a day will keep on having an advantage for months over the others who are still working hard to get ready for the raid and the ones who honestly tried to work hard for their guild's sake.
    Why am I not surprised?
  • For some reason I feel like history is repeating itself.
  • Jaxom
    136 posts Member
    In short: whoever already unlocked Traya by changing guild even once a day will keep on having an advantage for months over the others who are still working hard to get ready for the raid and the ones who honestly tried to work hard for their guild's sake.
    Why am I not surprised?

The limit they are instilling now was already there, but was not functioning properly the last few weeks. Believe me, I am significantly entrenched in the merc system, no one was changing guilds once a day. At best, Mercs were getting one maybe two additional raids per week, and until the last couple of weeks, everyone was getting reward blocked after 2, 3 and sometimes (usually for players mercing for the first time) 4 raids in a week.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    As a long-time player myself, I honestly don't understand the hand-wringing going on about guild-hopping. Most players (at least the "veterans") fully understand how it works and how to do it. It does take some time, effort and planning - which is why I am far too lazy to do it, but I have no problem with the people that want to (or wanted to, now) jump through those hoops to get Traya (or Raid Han or whatever) a few days/weeks early.

It does seem a little odd for CG to be "closing the door" now, kind of after the fact, but no big deal.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • nottenst
    682 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Have they put in the fix yet for the guild hopping quest they instituted?

Edit: And just checked - the answer it no.
    Post edited by nottenst on
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    As a long-time player myself, I honestly don't understand the hand-wringing going on about guild-hopping. Most players (at least the "veterans") fully understand how it works and how to do it. It does take some time, effort and planning - which is why I am far too lazy to do it, but I have no problem with the people that want to (or wanted to, now) jump through those hoops to get Traya (or Raid Han or whatever) a few days/weeks early.

It does seem a little odd for CG to be "closing the door" now, kind of after the fact, but no big deal.

I’m with you. I don’t have the time for guild hopping right now. I’ve had the opportunity but all I would really be doing is hop, post a 0, collect rewards and come back. It didn’t seem worth the effort to me.

My thing is, I don’t understand how cg can just let it go on, knowing it’s not what they want, knowing people who represent them in some compacity is doing it, and then all of a sudden stop it. Seems shady to me at best. At worst, people in the know were given a heads up and therefore given an advantage.

Personally, I don’t care either way. A year ago I would have been all over mercing or guild hopping. It’s the people who were none the wiser who are getting screwed on this one.
  • sying wrote: »

I’m with you. I don’t have the time for guild hopping right now. I’ve had the opportunity but all I would really be doing is hop, post a 0, collect rewards and come back. It didn’t seem worth the effort to me.

My thing is, I don’t understand how cg can just let it go on, knowing it’s not what they want, knowing people who represent them in some compacity is doing it, and then all of a sudden stop it. Seems shady to me at best. At worst, people in the know were given a heads up and therefore given an advantage.

Personally, I don’t care either way. A year ago I would have been all over mercing or guild hopping. It’s the people who were none the wiser who are getting screwed on this one.

As far as I understood, the cap was already in place but just broke when they introduced the "Join" feature for raids.
    The amount of raids done in the period in between that and now is nowhere nearly as significant as if the cap wasn't in place since the raid came out
    In that case, mercing will be possible in the same capacity as it was before that TU12 update (again, aparrently they're just reinstating the same cap that just broke)
  • Roopehun
    344 posts Member
    A good update, just very bad timing. Why did it take Cg 4+ months to figure out a cap is needed for str, when theyve already known that a cap was needed for haat?
    This should have been on the checklist before going live.

This way, cheaters are rewarded in their exclusivity, instead of getting punished (like strip away the extra traya shards they got). Very demoralising.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    So people can still merc all they want? What’s the point of putting in a cap then? Someone in another thread mentioned that they wouldn’t mind seeing tw/tb constantly running with no gaps at all. That would probably be the easiest way to actually curb guild hopping if cg really wanted to. It makes it hard to hop with those things going on.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    I literally cannot understand the conflicting information in this post:

1) Players are limited to 2 Heroic Sith raid rewards per week.
    2) If you move guilds once and complete a 3rd in a week, or your guild happens to score a 3rd in a week (which can happen, based on ticket timing), you still somehow magically don't hit the cap of more than 2?

It sounds like the cap is actually 3 per week... Can we please get some clarification about is going on?
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    jkray622 wrote: »
    I literally cannot understand the conflicting information in this post:

1) Players are limited to 2 Heroic Sith raid rewards per week.
    2) If you move guilds once and complete a 3rd in a week, or your guild happens to score a 3rd in a week (which can happen, based on ticket timing), you still somehow magically don't hit the cap of more than 2?

It sounds like the cap is actually 3 per week... Can we please get some clarification about is going on?

Yeah that confuses me too. They should just make the cap a hard 3 per week so then people don’t have to worry about the system bugging out or not. Making a mountain out of a mole hill.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    derKrampus wrote: »
    sying wrote: »

As far as I understood, the cap was already in place but just broke when they introduced the "Join" feature for raids.
    The amount of raids done in the period in between that and now is nowhere nearly as significant as if the cap wasn't in place since the raid came out
    In that case, mercing will be possible in the same capacity as it was before that TU12 update (again, aparrently they're just reinstating the same cap that just broke)

That is how I understand it too. They did it all based on averages, so it was never a whole number allowing for the remainders to build up and equal a whole raid. i.e.- the hop. The average would then have to be extended out due to a possible 24 hour join period. This caused issues with the average.

There has always been and still is some averaging effect they leave in to account for new players and people that move to a different guild (but not to hop). They are simply fine tuning that bring the average down to what they want, in this case a more exact 2.
  • Decay
    108 posts Member
    easy fix CG and @cg_crumb - change the system for when you hop a guild , you cant raid for 4 days - this is simple to fix with a little logic - that makes it no advantage to anyone.

for this idea, i could use my nest and traya to 7* , a few really good mods with high speed secondaries and 5 vaults. l :)
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Decay wrote: »
    easy fix CG and @cg_crumb - change the system for when you hop a guild , you cant raid for 4 days - this is simple to fix with a little logic - that makes it no advantage to anyone.

for this idea, i could use my nest and traya to 7* , a few really good mods with high speed secondaries and 5 vaults. l :)

They did this once (something similar I think it was a 1 day lock). It was bad because it was also punishing those that were permanently changing guilds or those that were coming back from "vacationing"
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    The amount of people that don’t understand what’s actually happening in the post is beyond amazing. So many people jumping to conclusions. The wildest part of this to me is people that were doing this exact thing for rancor 1.5 years ago are the same who are acting like this is a catastrophe (and that’s more in other public spaces).

Here’s what happened pre and post tu12, just to clear the confusion:

Pre TU12:
    There was a cap in place. Players could get 1 or 2 extra heroics in before they were capped after two raids. Once you hit the limit, you’d always be reward locked after two raids in a week (unless you missed a raid, then you could do 3 the next week, still an average of two per week). There was still a way to maximize shards guild wide, and that will continue for some guilds post “fix”. But that’s more of a result of a lot of work and coordination in your guild, and the uneven shards granted in rewards (which was a backwards step compared to HAAT).

Post TU12:
    The cap was gone. Or at least was so high that you likely couldn’t hit it. So the only period of time that players could super farm was since the ships update. This hasn’t been going on for months. 3-4 weeks at most. This wasn’t a secret either. It was well known and talked about on several public forums.

Again, it is absolutely kittening hilarious that people that I KNOW hopped guilds every day for the rancor have been and currently are complaining about people hopping for the sith raid.

It’s also funny to me that players that haven’t completed one heroic are in this thread complaining about guilds running heroic. Guess what? We aren’t all whale and kraken guilds. What you guys should be doing is giving actionable feedback about the lower tiers of the raid. Stuff like:

1) in t5 and below, the protection regen mechanic in p1 is burning players out on the raid. There would more enthusiasm if this was removed.

2) HP totals in tiers 1-6 are at least 33-50% too high, especially t6. By the time you can run a t6 and not cap on tickets, you’re more than ready for heroic - that is not the type of step progression that is healthy for multiple tiers of raids. Also, a guild that can clear heroic in an hour REQUIRES a reset to clear a t6 (that’s a huge problem and design flaw).

3) The 5 team daily limit doesn’t allow players to utilize their roster, and stifles creativity with comps far more than jtr did or currently does. Remove the cap for t1-6.

4) The expose nerf actually hurt guilds running t1-6 far, far more than heroic guilds because of the inflated health pools in t1-6. Again another reason to lower the t1-6 health pools.

But no, most of you just want to complain about something that doesn’t affect you, and then your feedback is “I hate this plz nerf”.
    Post edited by Maegor on
  • This sounds.... like business as usual. I look around at all the other non discussion and I find I just don't care any more.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Sacull_Kinslayer
    797 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Actually @Maegor there's a nigh 30 page complaint thread that CG started and hasn't been replied to... Those points have been suggested in various and well thought out responses but with no CG feedback the invited public are close to rioting...
  • Rmaxtpmx
    294 posts Member
    Everyone seems to be oblivious to the other side of the coin. Guild-hopping is such a pain to do right, that this really doesn't affect the mercs themselves. The only people really benefiting from guild hopping are the weaker players in weaker guilds. If anyone should be mad, it should be the people who now can't rely on mercs for free traya shards. Boo hoo.
  • I can think of many more important things that they need to fix before worrying about this...
  • @CG_SBCrumb I understand all aspects of this update and appreciate the effort to prevent abuse of the guild mechanics.

However, it appears to me that this update also increased Sion's HP for Phase 2 of the HSTR as we started a new raid last night and the total damage required for Sion is a little over 2 million more than it had previously been. Was this intentional and unannounced or was this a mistake? Thanks, Corran Horn.

Also, has anyone else noticed this HP increase for phase 2 of HSTR since the update? The damage was it's original amount as of this past Saturday but increased as of today, Tuesday,,,