Facing Barriss issues in GW

Curious how to best handle high level, geared Barriss in GW. I keep running into teams that have her on teams way above my level (right now I am stuck against her on a team of all 69, gear 7). I am level 62, gear 7.

I cant one shot anybody, or even assist shot somebody to try and take a toon out before she heals everybody back to full health. I have tried going after the weakest toon with GS, -86 or QGJ and calling an assist but they still have some health left over by the time they get around to Barriss so it feels like all those attacks were worthless. If I go after her she has more health than any tank I have which leaves me open against Sid or their cannons.

So far I have been trying to ability block or stun her using Lumi, Poggle, Dooku or Daka. That sometimes works but not often enough and again, by the time her turn comes back around she heals everybody...

Other issue is I keep facing her over and over late in the GW battle so by that time a lot of my toons are dead. With the way GW has been wonky with matchups my A-team turns into a suicide squad! I do retreat often but I still end up losing toons.

Replies

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    The general strategy is just to ignore her. If you have Dooku you can try stunning her with lightning. But, you'll still have the problem of her heal after she comes out. She shouldn't be a problem as she's a one trick pony. Her heal is on a long cd and she does no damage.

I'm actually happy if I see her in GW. I save her for last so I can just kill her with basics to give time for my cool downs to reset. Unfortunately barely anyone runs her anymore. I may only see her once or twice a week total.
  • She is a gift in GW, leave until the end and reset cool downs
  • Yep. Leave her to last and just use basic attacks to let your cool downs reset.
  • Berimbolo wrote: »
    She is a gift in GW, leave until the end and reset cool downs

#cosign
  • I normally do try and leave her and most tanks for last. Problem is I will knock down a toon to red and be ready to finish them off and she pops them back to near full health so I am starting over. Meanwhile I am getting hit by all of her teammates!

I dont mind her in Arena ever since she is near the same level I am. When she and the squad are many levels higher she gets annoying to say the least.

I am still stuck after several retreats. I'll get back at it later, it's bugging me too much now.
  • KamikazeRhombus
    1412 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    ASD_Dad wrote: »
    I normally do try and leave her and most tanks for last. Problem is I will knock down a toon to red and be ready to finish them off and she pops them back to near full health so I am starting over. Meanwhile I am getting hit by all of her teammates!

I dont mind her in Arena ever since she is near the same level I am. When she and the squad are many levels higher she gets annoying to say the least.

I am still stuck after several retreats. I'll get back at it later, it's bugging me too much now.

It sounds like the problem might just be that the team as a whole is 7 levels higher than you. You didn't post who else was on the team but maybe try sending in a suicide squad to get the other team to use its important specials (GS/QGJ/IG-86 assist calls). Depending on suicide squad you might not cause enough damage to get her to use her heal so she will still use it against your A-team. Hopefully now your A-team can survive after her heal and win. Just save her for last.
    Post edited by KamikazeRhombus on
  • ASD_Dad
    210 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Already used my suicide squads on earlier nodes! I just got past two very hard nodes and am at #10 right now and stuck.

I am facing - All level 69.
    Phasma - 7* gear 8
    Kylo - 6* gear 7
    Sid - 7* gear 8
    Vader - 5* gear 7
    Barriss - 7* gear 7

None of my guys can one shot anyone. This team would normally be a huge deal for me let alone this late in the GW trip! This just happens to be the 3rd time Barriss has come up today. Earlier she wasnt being as big an issue.

I still have some decent guys left but none are making a dent. I've got 6* Sid, 5* Lumi, JC, Opress, GS, Poggle. 4* QGJ, Talia, Han, Daka and a 3* Poe. All of them are Gear 7 except for Sid at gear 8.

Poggle, Daka and GS are all down to half health. Lumi needs 2 rounds for heal. JC can heal from the start as can Daka.

I've tried Poe 4 times at lead to try and get something going on my end and his taunt doesnt expose anyone. All it does is get him killed immediately.
  • Berimbolo
    946 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Edit, read your post wrong
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    ASD_Dad wrote: »
    Already used my suicide squads on earlier nodes! I just got past two very hard nodes and am at #10 right now and stuck.

I am facing - All level 69.
    Phasma - 7* gear 8
    Kylo - 6* gear 7
    Sid - 7* gear 8
    Vader - 5* gear 7
    Barriss - 7* gear 7

None of my guys can one shot anyone. This team would normally be a huge deal for me let alone this late in the GW trip! This just happens to be the 3rd time Barriss has come up today. Earlier she wasnt being as big an issue.

I still have some decent guys left but none are making a dent. I've got 6* Sid, 5* Lumi, JC, Opress, GS, Poggle. 4* QGJ, Talia, Han, Daka and a 3* Poe. All of them are Gear 7 except for Sid at gear 8.

Poggle, Daka and GS are all down to half health. Lumi needs 2 rounds for heal. JC can heal from the start as can Daka.

I've tried Poe 4 times at lead to try and get something going on my end and his taunt doesnt expose anyone. All it does is get him killed immediately.

Sadly, you are stuck in a position with the enemy being higher level, which makes it hard to kill anyone. It also prevents you from doing what others have stated: ignore her.

Truth be told, I am a 70 and like everyone else here i actually enjoy Bariss on the opposite team. What I recommend is you use only a few abilities (two at the max) and then auto attack one individual. This way you get the person low enough to bait the Bariss heal.

If enemy is <=50% and Bariss heals: No skin off your back. You can now unleash all of your abilities back to back and wreck someone.
    If enemy is <=50% and Bariss AI doesn't heal: just rip into whoever you were focusing anyways. Bariss is slow, and if theyre already at 50% or less, you can finish them off long before Bariss's turn comes back around.

Based on your team, I would recommend burning a GS/JC ability because both abilities are insanely short cd. You can trade JC for Opress if you want, but i'd save Opress for the auto-kill at <25%.
  • Berimbolo
    946 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    You're in a tough spot, you shouldn't have finished the fight before this with low health guys and Lumi still needing 2 turns to heal

You might want to run out QGJ lead, get a speed up to attack first, with other lower guys and try and take out one of there charactershould before your dead, only do Sid if your can kill him because he will heal back up when your characters get knocked out

Than you can get your main squad out there and get your heals going, save Barris for the end
  • Have you tried hitting her with an ability block before she can take her action? Poggle's basic or Lumi's force throw might do the trick long enough for you to take out a toon or two.
  • I won!! Actually, I just finished GW (barely).

I had some really low toons for a last ditch suicide squad with Poe and a 1* RG that is gear 6. RG and Poe survived long enough to get some of their specials off which is good since Sids AOE almost took out the lot.

QGJ lead went back in with Poggle, GS, JC and Daka (I wanted to save Lumi/Sid). QGJ/GS took on Sid. Poggle got his ability block finally on Barriss which let me finish off Sid. Barriss got her heal off once when I was going after Phasma but AI was on my side for once and left JC alone so I kept using his heals.

I ended up only losing Poggle and Daka (she never self revives for me). Daka never got a stun to go off but her heal kept GS and QGJ alive right before Kylo took her out.

Next two nodes were hard but not terrible. By the end I had also lost Han, GS, Lumi, and JC. Sid did the most work and Opress finished off Kylo as the last standing but both Sid and Opress were hurting. I just had Phasma, QGJ, and Talia in reserve in case I needed to go one last time.

All my GW credits are going to Lumi right now.
  • Nice, congrats
  • Congratulations those wins where you have to grind it out are the most satisfying. :)
  • If you can't ill a toon before Bariss gets her heal off then you either need to gear/rank up or spread the damage around a bit so that she doesn't activate her heal
  • Save her for last and use your healing/reset cool downs while she hits you with her pool noodle
  • Berimbolo wrote: »
    She is a gift in GW, leave until the end and reset cool downs

This. Every time I see her in my opponents line up I thank the baby Jesus.
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information
  • there are a lot of chars that stun or impose ability block.. so there shouldn't be a problem
    Follow on twitter, Subscribe to my channel , 10$ free giveaway here