G12 and Heroic Raid Reward Changes [MEGA]

Replies

• Vorgen
    254 posts Member
    Were you not doing hstr when the initial reward nerf went in before they reverted back? That was your sneak preview of how hard the nerf will be come tomorrow.
  • Greedy much?

I genuinely do not think that the new G12+ will be as game changing as the devs say. So if it’s similar in stat increases to the current ArmaTek pieces then it’s certainly a nerf to our rewards.

I may be wrong; for all we know I will be here tomorrow singing praises of the devs.
  • Wycross
    53 posts Member
    The stated goal is to nerf it. In exchange, you get exclusive access to slot 4 and slot 5 pieces. The method of acquisition for other g12 slots is now crystals or GET.
  • Vorgen wrote: »
    Were you not doing hstr when the initial reward nerf went in before they reverted back? That was your sneak preview of how hard the nerf will be come tomorrow.

That’s my concern tbh.
  • As a whale, you tell me that you don’t want me to pull away from the rest of the player base....so you cater to only me?? Lol, um ok! Maybe I’m misunderstanding things. I like the whole community. Yes, I do like a small advantage, but this whole sith raid reward stuff is such an erratic mess.
  • Soz58
    108 posts Member
    I have a GP of 3.1 million and spend $ on this game and I run a guild and really enjoy improving as a team and doing some of the heavy work, the Sith Raid is a huge disappointment to me, in order to get Traya shards and defeat Heroic Sith I would have to leave my guild and join another just for that reason... I think CG is disappointing many of us and not listening to its fans base, just the upper 2%...
  • Trash.
  • I know the devs want to work with the shiny newer raid, but whatever happened to the rework of the other 2 raid rewards? The changes made before seemed acceptable for the other 2 raids and this only became a issue because of the drop rates on full G12 pieces. Seem like a small problem got them off the rails of a good improvement overall to rewards.
  • Vorgen
    254 posts Member
    Soz58 wrote: »
    I have a GP of 3.1 million and spend $ on this game and I run a guild and really enjoy improving as a team and doing some of the heavy work, the Sith Raid is a huge disappointment to me, in order to get Traya shards and defeat Heroic Sith I would have to leave my guild and join another just for that reason... I think CG is disappointing many of us and not listening to its fans base, just the upper 2%...

Because they are operating a business and the upper 2% generates 90+% of their revenue. If you were running a for-profit business, which segment of your customer base would you focus on? Those 2% or the rest of the 98%?
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Making the changes is one thing, but don't dress it up in a "we're doing it so the top doesn't pull away from you" suit and expect people to look at you like you're wearing armani as opposed to the bright red wig, nose and floppy clown shoes you've actually got on.
  • Jailwatcher
    151 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Please please please tell me that this is just the first post and another post explaining how you will be fixing the lower tiers is due soon.. or else, if there is going to be no change then tell us straight to our faces.

The comment "We are actively monitoring player feedback and progress across other tiers and will continue to make adjustments in the future." implies its the latter and you don't believe their is an issue...

Communication on CG's position on either point is required.
  • Soz58 wrote: »

As a "build the guild and the gear will follow" type player, I agree with this.

Quit driving us towards super guilds. Those happen naturally anyway.
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    TVF wrote: »
    I'd really appreciate some legitimate explanation of why the lower tiers are not being changed. If you're not going to fix our rewards, just come out and say so, and tell us why.

Your comments in the STR feedback thread have not gone unnoticed. We are still reviewing Tiers 1 through 6 of the Sith Raid regarding player progress. We want to see the results of the return of Rey’s Hero’s Journey which doubled the number of JTRs in the wild and should result in a significant boost to raid progress. Also Grand Master Yoda’s reworked kit (more details coming tomorrow!) should allow him to help with Sith Raid performance as well.

In addition, we will address other experiential concerns that we have pulled from numerous sources including the official forums and Reddit after we are able to gauge the impact of these changes on the raid.
    We will continue to keep you posted on these upcoming changes.
  • CG understands that guilds doing T1-T6 are being royally shafted right now, but they simply don’t care. If you aren’t doing HSTR by now, you likely aren’t the type of player that is paying their bills. F2P will get addressed only when the spenders have a sufficiently huge advantage to encourage them to keep spending. That is what drives these types of games.

Does it put us further in the hole as F2P? Sure.

Is that going to change due to venting in forums or on Reddit? Only if it somehow leads to more revenue for CG/EA.

Best to just save your breath. We have already posted hundreds of messages detailing our complaints, and they have chosen to “address it later”. Maybe in August. ;-)
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    I'd really appreciate some legitimate explanation of why the lower tiers are not being changed. If you're not going to fix our rewards, just come out and say so, and tell us why.

Your comments in the STR feedback thread have not gone unnoticed. We are still reviewing Tiers 1 through 6 of the Sith Raid regarding player progress. We want to see the results of the return of Rey’s Hero’s Journey which doubled the number of JTRs in the wild and should result in a significant boost to raid progress. Also Grand Master Yoda’s reworked kit (more details coming tomorrow!) should allow him to help with Sith Raid performance as well.

In addition, we will address other experiential concerns that we have pulled from numerous sources including the official forums and Reddit after we are able to gauge the impact of these changes on the raid.

So, you're hoping that enough people got jtr to make it a moot point that the non-heroic tiers gear still is horrible? My guild is still plenty far off from hstr. I guess you just don't care about us.
  • "... We are looking into other small changes to accomplish other goals of ours, as well as some concerns expressed by players, however these are the only changes we are making in the near future."

Since soon is measured in months, can we expect near future to be measured in years?
  • jayjonbeach
    697 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

Finally some good news, Yoda rework woot, FINALLY!

I am also glad to see 27 pages in the Sith Raid feedback thread are hopefully not falling on deaf ear, but for Pete's sake, do something SOONER rather than later, this is the most UNFUN part of the game, multi-day slog for crappy rewards.

Challenge gear should be removed, and some health from DN should be removed so the whole thing is not such an unfun SLOG, the whole thing needs to be shorter especially for the rewards offered.

• Don't like these changes at all. The lower end members of a guild are just not going to care as much if they are consistently lower 20, making the drive for completion overall for all 50 members less, which is the purpose of the raid right? To have the whole guild required to participate to clear the hardest pve in game content? Not just alienate more than half the guild from trying because they know they won't get as good of rewards as they were before.

If you want to show a difference, just increase the rate of people getting gear 12 pieces for the top 20 and leave the rewards the same for the rest. Taking away things from players who have been supporting and playing the game for a couple of years = a bad decision.
  • Cridiron
    158 posts Member
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

What more is there to review?? How many thousands (and I don't think that's exaggerating at all) of comments do you need telling you the Sith raid experience sucks? It is simply not worth the multiple days of effort needed to complete a low tier and get crap for returns.

You even got TVF complaining and he's been one of your biggest and most consistent defenders on here. I have truly never seen a company treat its customers with so little respect as EA and CG.... (and I don't mean you are being rude, as has been the case with others in the past, just general game management)
  • So just more being ignored and told to suck it up and take what we can get because you aren’t changing anything. Awesome
  • So the elites now get the equivalent of an extra gear level in addition to traya, and everyone else continues to get nothing that helps them progress to that point. Cool, thanks for listening, and way to close the gap...

What a joke :(

• CG_SBCrumb
    There are 6 pieces of exclusive G12+ gear. The recipe is as follows:
    G12+ Component A (50 salvage)
    G12+ Component B (40 salvage)
    Two G12 components (Will be grindable on the Ships PvE table)
    One non-G12 piece

@CG_SBCrumb -- can you clarify this a little bit? The G12 components are what exactly? Is it one of the G11 -> G12 pieces (such as an MK6 Stun Gun) or is it just the MK4 gel/equivalent? Or by G12 component do you mean the component part of one of the existing g12 pieces?
    The G12 Components are not a completed G12 gear but the ingredients for the existing G12 gear.

For example: A G12 component could be a Mk 6 Athakam Medpac

• I can double the amount of Priuses but they ain't winning the Indy 500.

I can see your thinking, but you're thinking the wrong way. Instead of trying to see if more of the only viable team makes a difference, ALLOW MORE TEAMS TO BE VIABLE.
  • Why would you nerf raid rewards, and not put the currency back in? I am usually top 10 in heroic. I have no doubt this is a nerf with a slight pat on the back. We are going from oh I have a piece of gear to put on a charactrr to oh I might have a piece of gear after the next 2 raids if they all drop the exact same pieces. If not in 6-9 raids I will have a piece of gear, and some random crap stored.
    If you had said at the bottom of the update in addition to this all reward ranks will have a high chance to drop fully crafted carbanti,stun guns or droid callers. I would be happy. So I get less G12 instead I get crap I need constantly. It isn't top shelf, but it is what everyone is always out of.

Why would you nerf raid rewards , and not address some of the issues around this raid being a boring chore?

Omg why is t1-6 still the most annoying waste of time in the game. Everyone is crunched on callers stun guns and Carbanties. These are the pieces needed to get teams beyond these teirs. Fix it.

This raid is still boring at every teir.
  • Hynes81
    66 posts Member
    @CG_SBCrumb Only changing the rewards for heroic sith guilds is wrong! Do any devs play in a lower tier guild? Also, how do you trade value for exclusivity? Being exclusive creates value. By only allowing the top ten to have a shot a fully craft piece of gear 12 you are basically saying the effort by the rest of the members does not matter even though every member plays a vital role in the sith raid. Members put a lot of effort in to damage and to earning tickets to launch the raids. This change is saying screw the members effort in making the sith raid happen and screw their effort they put forth with damage.

I am one of the community manager for the Schwartz family of guilds. We have 8 guilds, 5 of which are completing heroic sith raids. I have been in every guild since the heroic raid has come out to help our members prep for the horic sith raid. The rewards for the non-heroic guilds don't match the effort put forth by members to complete the raid.

It is taking some our guilds 4 days to complete a tier 4 raid and these are the rewards they received:
    alo5wfb4ugh7.png

The gap between non-heroic and heroic players is only going to widen until you fix the lower tier rewards. @CG_SBCrumb Please compare the 2 images and tell me how the tier 4 members is going to keep up with the member complete heroic.
    i2irfgja40gb.png
  • Can you clarify how the dissolving of 30-50 raid rewards will affect Traya shards? Will 20+ be receiving the same amount of Traya shards that 20-30 was, or will they be receiving the lowest amount?
  • CG_SBCrumb
    Can you clarify how the dissolving of 30-50 raid rewards will affect Traya shards? Will 20+ be receiving the same amount of Traya shards that 20-30 was, or will they be receiving the lowest amount?

The changes above only impact G12 and G12+ gear. Shards, Credits, Guild Currency and Guild Event Token rewards remain unchanged.
  • Bane1492
    121 posts Member
    Welp, thanks devs for making me finally bite the bullet and register zero from now on. I can't compete within my guild to get top 10 and aside from Traya shards a full G12 was all I had to look forward to.

One less thing to worry about in this game.