Kit Reveal: Range Trooper

Replies

• Wycross
    53 posts Member
    If this is yet another Marquee Release, and it likely is, I'll check back in 9 months when someone could seven star this from the one hard mode that it will land in.
  • Wycross wrote: »
    If this is yet another Marquee Release, and it likely is, I'll check back in 9 months when someone could seven star this from the one hard mode that it will land in.

They stated all new characters were going to be released via marquee events. There are still a few Cantina nodes available along with the upcoming PvE table for ships. Fingers crossed it lands in Cantina.
  • byriss
    90 posts Member
    Oh cool, wampatrooper aka pimpdaddytrooper aka stomptheyardtrooper!
  • jedibaer71
    575 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    an interesting hero he is...
  • A decent toon to replace Stormtrooper in my trooper squad.
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Definitely not replacing Magma in this meta but will fit him in somewhere Pimpdaddy Trooper needs to get his money
  • Yes!!!!! Detroit Trooper is here! Will go nicely with my Gar. More troopers!!!!

P.S. Scout Trooper next?
  • VonZant wrote: »
    Welcome to the Era of Gar Saxon lead my friends.

Yes. Gar gives counter to ALL empire. Pimptrooper only gives retribution to other troopers. But the prot Up is nice too.
  • Am I missing something? Gar only assists allies that attack during enemy turns, and Range Trooper's unique specifies assists are only called on trooper's turns. Would love to see Gar be useful, but this guy doesn't look much better for Gar than getting retribution from General Kenobi or in a CLS rebel squad.
  • Looks like another interesting character but the sheer volume of these pay to win characters is becoming unbearable. Pay $300 or wait 6 months while you get ripped apart in arena and everywhere else in the game. I'm becoming frustrated to the point or wondering how long I can carry on playing this game. I hope these devs have some good will gestures in the future that involve instantly farmable characters available to the whole player base, even if the characters are like CUP or Pao! We just need something where we feel like we aren't being milked on a Neverending conveyor belt.
  • Looks like another interesting character but the sheer volume of these pay to win characters is becoming unbearable. Pay $300 or wait 6 months while you get ripped apart in arena and everywhere else in the game. I'm becoming frustrated to the point or wondering how long I can carry on playing this game. I hope these devs have some good will gestures in the future that involve instantly farmable characters available to the whole player base, even if the characters are like CUP or Pao! We just need something where we feel like we aren't being milked on a Neverending conveyor belt.

I’m sorry but it seems like all toons will be released as marquee, legendary, or journey toons.
    No more toons are being added to cantina/pvp/gw stores and we should use those tokens for gear/credits.

I know there is hate for marquee toons but I actually like them. Just expect all new toons to be marquee and try to build up opposing factions for legendary (it should be an fo legendary next- but who knows)
    And more journey toons - Jedi Luke.

I’m sorry but it seems like all toons will be released as marquee, legendary, or journey toons.
    No more toons are being added to cantina/pvp/gw stores and we should use those tokens for gear/credits.

I know there is hate for marquee toons but I actually like them. Just expect all new toons to be marquee and try to build up opposing factions for legendary (it should be an fo legendary next- but who knows)

Yeah, that's pretty much the official line. Can you elaborate on what it is that you like about the marquee releases? PLEASE don't say that you have enough money to buy an advantage over other players after every release.

Yeah, that's pretty much the official line. Can you elaborate on what it is that you like about the marquee releases? PLEASE don't say that you have enough money to buy an advantage over other players after every release.

Lmao no I promise you I don’t.
    Also I would like to clarify - I would love new toons in those stores even if it is older toons I already have. But to the point - I enjoy marquees because they are new toons and aren’t really needed right away (besides platoons - yuck) or at least we haven’t needed them for as long as we have been playing.

3 months gives whales and you tubers time to showcase if these toons are worth it or not. So when 3 months goes by I already know if they are worth to farm right away. If not nbd.
  • OMG!!! Instead of putting characters that no one cares about like this guy you people need to focus on the hot messes you've given us like the separatist and galactic republic factions!!! Fix what you have first!!!
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Looks like another interesting character but the sheer volume of these pay to win characters is becoming unbearable. Pay $300 or wait 6 months while you get ripped apart in arena and everywhere else in the game. I'm becoming frustrated to the point or wondering how long I can carry on playing this game. I hope these devs have some good will gestures in the future that involve instantly farmable characters available to the whole player base, even if the characters are like CUP or Pao! We just need something where we feel like we aren't being milked on a Neverending conveyor belt.

I don’t have enough money to buy the advantage. Neither do most other players. But the whales do, so once they spend the money on him the rest of us can see if the toon is worth investing effort into.

Plus we get a 3* head start on the toon for now, so we can start gearing them as soon as we know they will be useful.
  • Foxer wrote: »
    Who seriously buys these toons???

Empire fanatics. I'll probably get the pack and dump some crystals onto him cause I love Troopers, but I won't be whaling.

• kello_511 wrote: »
    Looks like another interesting character but the sheer volume of these pay to win characters is becoming unbearable. Pay $300 or wait 6 months while you get ripped apart in arena and everywhere else in the game. I'm becoming frustrated to the point or wondering how long I can carry on playing this game. I hope these devs have some good will gestures in the future that involve instantly farmable characters available to the whole player base, even if the characters are like CUP or Pao! We just need something where we feel like we aren't being milked on a Neverending conveyor belt.

I don’t have enough money to buy the advantage. Neither do most other players. But the whales do, so once they spend the money on him the rest of us can see if the toon is worth investing effort into.

Plus we get a 3* head start on the toon for now, so we can start gearing them as soon as we know they will be useful.

This right here, this is the beauty of marquee release , it’s infinitely better then the previous model for release. If folks complain about marquees then they must not know what’s the difference is .
  • jayjonbeach
    697 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Yeah I don't think I get how Saxon will have synergy with this new toon
  • Boy am I glad for range trooper
  • kello_511 wrote: »

Well, only if you are at the keyboard for those 3 days otherwise too bad!
  • Foxer wrote: »
    Meh haven’t released a meta changing toon since Sion. Who seriously buys these toons??? I am pretty whaleish but their is nothing I’d bother picking up at this point. They need a DS legendary or something to jolt things a little.

As long as they don’t just give it free to LS fans. They get a ton of unlocks free and clear.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    I'm trying to remember where Range Troopers come from in the movie. Are they the guards during the Vandor heist? (I don't want to spoil anything, so I think that was sufficiently vague)
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    I'm trying to remember where Range Troopers come from in the movie. Are they the guards during the Vandor heist? (I don't want to spoil anything, so I think that was sufficiently vague)

Yes. On the train. Not a spoiler as its in every trailer.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Yeah I don't think I get how Saxon will have synergy with this new toon

Well his zeta heals on basics and assists are a basic. May not be great. But with Range they will get more attacks and Gar will give counters and heals. But I misrememberd his kit. He only assists on counters and not assists.

**** that sounds confusing but its technically correct.

I think. ;)
  • ElleMadara
    1017 posts Member
    Troopers have needed a protection regen character. When he does go farmable he'll be a potent addition to a trooper squad

No, they dont need that, (they have zVeers to regain Protection) they need a CLEANSER
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    No stagger immunity? Flavor fail...
  • Not an essential addition. Interesting but not OMGBREKGAEM.

Release Revan already, preferably the DS version.

In any case it'll be another 3* toon that will have no use except deploy fodder will not bring in the shekels.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Yay! I’m so excited for another marquee event - said no one ever.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Atlas1 wrote: »
    Yay! I’m so excited for another marquee event - said no one ever.
    Don't presume to speak for me.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Well you can tell by the way I use my walk
    I'm a woman's man, no time to talk
    Music loud and women warm
    I've been kicked around since I was born