Rework: Grand Master Yoda

Replies

• I like the Shock immunity, seems fitting. The rest ... eh, I am saving my zetas for now. But he just jumped up several tiers on the zeta wait list.
  • Obi_six_Kenobi
    369 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I would have liked to see the tenacity being un removable because Sion just laughs at tenacity up (since he can remove it). Or having all Jedi start each encounter with tenacity up.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Give us more than 30% tenacity to counter the debuff heavy teams. Traya lead gives +40% potency. Ep is what, 35%? This game really needs a tenacity lead, but it needs to be much more than 30%.
    No doubt, right? Need 70-80% before it would really be noticeable.
  • well now I'm conflicted. we got good updates and bad updates over the last 2 days. not sure how to feel.
  • Gheyst1214
    205 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Awesome!

Clarification: is he only immune to shock if he is the leader?

According to Ahnald, yes, that's right.

I feel like he should be immune no matter what. Especially considering his leader ability only benefits Jedi as opposed to other leader abilities that grant half the effect to non faction toons. Or it should be tied to a unique instead.
  • Gheyst1214 wrote: »
    Awesome!

Clarification: is he only immune to shock if he is the leader?

According to Ahnald, yes, that's right.

I feel like he should be immune no matter what. Especially considering his leader ability only benefits Jedi as opposed to other leader abilities that grant half the effect to non faction toons. Or it should be tied to a unique instead.

Here here!
  • It’d probably be too OP, but I wish his zeta made him immune to debuffs. It feels fitting for him.
  • Bad rework imo. I have him zetaed at g12 and I'm trying to run a Jedi arena team and I STILL can't use him in it.
    Give him a cleanse on the BM. Then he would be somewhat viable. And make the aoe uncounterable (is that a word?) like Vaders.
    This is in no way on par with the great reworks that Vader and EP got.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    It’d probably be too OP, but I wish his zeta made him immune to debuffs. It feels fitting for him.

That’d be amazing, and honestly not too OP compared to the debuffing abilities of the Sith
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    A Tenacity Coss on Jedi under him would make them resist Nihilus near 100%.
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »

It's the strategy I use in P1 and P4 w/ Nihilus as I don't have any of the better teams geared up or JTR.

Tons of tenacity and just whittle him down. Can do more damage with my 5 Jedi than my 10k higher power Empire squad.
  • Another question; how will the AI play him? Start with Masterstroke? Or BM? I see potential problems with both.
  • Liamtbqh
    620 posts Member
    Another question; how will the AI play him? Start with Masterstroke? Or BM? I see potential problems with both.

No issue with masterstroke, immediate go which can be led onto BM as long as a jedi is there...
  • Liamtbqh wrote: »
    Another question; how will the AI play him? Start with Masterstroke? Or BM? I see potential problems with both.

No issue with masterstroke, immediate go which can be led onto BM as long as a jedi is there...

Right, but at the beginning their probably won’t be any buffs to steal
  • Liamtbqh wrote: »

And against a Rex team? Give them all free TM. And against a counter team? Then he won't even get to do BM.
  • Any HSR implications with this update?

The second video has a yoda lead team doing 3.7 mil to phase 1.

Have a hard time trusting those videos. **cough** ATF **cough**

I think we’ve also seen videos with characters that had 7 dot mods on them.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Ok, just brought GMY to G12. No zeta, yet. Impress me.

Ok, vid 2, like 1, Hermit Yoda, Ezra. Sensing a theme.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    VonZant wrote: »

It's the strategy I use in P1 and P4 w/ Nihilus as I don't have any of the better teams geared up or JTR.

Tons of tenacity and just whittle him down. Can do more damage with my 5 Jedi than my 10k higher power Empire squad.

Which 5 are you using though?
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    @jayjonbeach

The only five I have at a decent level and 7*. Not a heroic run or anything. My Guild is very low GP so we're doing T4 and below but figure the results would scale up as gear, mods and levels increase.

Aayla L + Omega
    Luminara
    Kanan
    Mace
    Ashoka

I have Ezra ready for 7* for the next Thrawn just need a ton of credits. The usual. Also will have 7* Yoda that I'll probably swap in for Mace instead. Depending on damage might replace Ashoka with Ezra too.

Like I said, I can score higher than my 7* EP team with Vader, Tarkin, TFP
  • jayjonbeach
    697 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    @jayjonbeach

The only five I have at a decent level and 7*. Not a heroic run or anything. My Guild is very low GP so we're doing T4 and below but figure the results would scale up as gear, mods and levels increase.

Aayla L + Omega
    Luminara
    Kanan
    Mace
    Ashoka

I have Ezra ready for 7* for the next Thrawn just need a ton of credits. The usual. Also will have 7* Yoda that I'll probably swap in for Mace instead. Depending on damage might replace Ashoka with Ezra too.

Thanks @Vendi1983

I'm planning on: Yoda (l), Erza, QGJ, Lum, Kanan, only because that is what I have. I want to take Lum & Kanan out, and put in Ani & Visas ideally. Vids show QGJ doing low dmg also, so still thinking about how to replace him, Aayla might be good for sure, maybe Ahsoka since Ani will be there to help her avoid crits. Not going to have Hoda for years so these are my current options, at least some Jedi get reworked....

ps - U need to get Erza on ur team asap, check the vids, 50K+ hits, he is a beast great toon
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    I just finished maxing out my Empire for R2 and Phoenix are next. Don't worry, Ezra will be in for sure.

Aayla calls assists and adds a damage bonus so her and Ezra would benefit eachother even if she isn't the leader.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    @jayjonbeach

Aayla L + Omega
    Luminara
    Kanan
    Mace
    Ashoka

Thanks @Vendi1983

I'm planning on: Yoda (l), Erza, QGJ, Lum, Kanan, only because that is what I have. I want to take Lum & Kanan out, and put in Ani & Visas ideally. Vids show QGJ doing low dmg also, so still thinking about how to replace him, Aayla might be good for sure, maybe Ahsoka since Ani will be there to help her avoid crits. Not going to have Hoda for years so these are my current options, at least some Jedi get reworked....

ps - U need to get Erza on ur team asap, check the vids, 50K+ hits, he is a beast great toon

zEzra though
  • Great. now I'll have to form a proper jedi team. No chance this time around though.

Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    @Neo2551

I was reading through all the Phoenix abilities and this seems lightyears ahead of the other Zetas. Worth it then?
  • Rhettro
    74 posts Member
    Bad rework imo. I have him zetaed at g12 and I'm trying to run a Jedi arena team and I STILL can't use him in it.
    Give him a cleanse on the BM. Then he would be somewhat viable. And make the aoe uncounterable (is that a word?) like Vaders.

The rework has not taken effect yet..
  • lamatoe
    131 posts Member
    Rhettro wrote: »
    Bad rework imo. I have him zetaed at g12 and I'm trying to run a Jedi arena team and I STILL can't use him in it.

The rework has not taken effect yet..

wow just wow.

Hilarious
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    I don't think he meant right this second, I think he meant that even with the update he WON'T use him in future...
  • I wonder if the event will be harder than until now.. Wouldnt be too fair, but hey, its CG.
  • When will this be live?
  • What does potency down do?