Rework: Grand Master Yoda

Replies

• Sapient2k7
    191 posts Member
    edited June 2018

MntMan wrote: »
    Curious about the zeta giving Protection Up first. Is it like the purple bar protection up like say a Phoenix Squad boost so essentially he'd get that then grant it to all allies as well? Like a BB8 protection up for all? That could be quite nice and very useful if taht's the case.

That is how it seemed to be working in ahnald’s video IIRC
  • Roopehun wrote: »
    I wonder if the event will be harder than until now.. Wouldnt be too fair, but hey, its CG.
    It will stay the same, just like Palpatine’s did after his rework.
  • Powerful he is, him I want. Hmmm
  • When will this be live?

When the content update drops. Was supposed to go live today but got delayed to tomorrow.
  • So, is the new p1 team gonna be gmy, hoda (for those who have him), qgj, Ezra, gk? I’m seeing lots of turn meter gain off those assists, with the extra damage this may now be viable, if you have the toons. I unfortunately don’t, so have been stuck with ahsoka and bariss instead of gk/hoda, but even before the update they would do like 300k with mediocre gear.
  • Why are Jedi still needed to fight Jedi for Yodas event?

Why not just change it to Sith and make Jedi needed for an awesome new Sith legendary event?
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I was just about to start farming Fisto for Platoons. He and Aayla might be pretty gnarley with all of these buffs.

And just throwing this out here but if he that only fears doors is added (Ki Adi Mundi), Im hoping 2 of his abilities are named "65" and "What do I win?" from the last 5 minutes of the "Landing at Point Rain" episode. (@TVF were you the one that made the door joke?)
    Post edited by VonZant on
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    JijackCana wrote: »
    Why are Jedi still needed to fight Jedi for Yodas event?

Why not just change it to Sith and make Jedi needed for an awesome new Sith legendary event?

Because the Yoda's event is a training for Jedis. The other events are a fight against their usual enemies.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    JijackCana wrote: »
    Why are Jedi still needed to fight Jedi for Yodas event?

The Sith already have an awesome legendary and have received plenty of love, and completely changing the prerequisites for a legendary character is kind of a huge middle finger, especially since a 7* Sith team is a lot harder to put together than a 7* Jedi team, who you'll probably have together by accident between Phoenix and Pilots well before you qualify for any of the harder legendaries.
    Still not a he.
    3 posts Member
    Master yoda is immune to shock... go **** yourself.. worst update since Rey..
  • 713 wrote: »

I don’t think you realise what it can do to him...
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    713 wrote: »
    Such refined and sophisticated reasoning.
    Still not a he.
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    This is great. Now give us Padme with some insane republic leader and a full jedi rework
    :D
  • Roopehun wrote: »
    I wonder if the event will be harder than until now.. Wouldnt be too fair, but hey, its CG.
    It will stay the same, just like Palpatine’s did after his rework.

I wonder why they delayed his event then, was due to start now, now have to wait another day for it, hmmm
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Neat. GMY looks more viable now. Thanks! Always love seeing reworks.
  • Foreshadowing RoTJ Luke?
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    He will perfectly fit with Fulcrum Ahsoka Tano.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    So how does this help in HSTR? Just wondering since Jedi as a whole are still ridiculously UP

There are a couple videos out there, but it's still very early and more testing will be done with different variations. A squad of GMY, Hoda, Ezra, QGJ, Visas put up around 6M in Heroic in P1.
  • Drim
    359 posts Member
    So with EP atleast you get some healing for the team AKA NS are not a auto win. So how does this Epic Yoda as leader stop a NS team?
  • Caiaphas
    187 posts Member
    Drim wrote: »
    So with EP atleast you get some healing for the team AKA NS are not a auto win. So how does this Epic Yoda as leader stop a NS team?

Tenacity Up and Foresight stop plague from being applied (Asajj will dispell it, but then you can put it up again), and Hermit Yoda can heal so that you cleanse plague if you have it. Ezra, QGJ (and CLS if you want) can all dispell Zombie's taunt. Seems like NS shouldn't be a problem
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Drim wrote: »

Jedi have healers in abundance. Sith dont.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    I don't see how people are complaining or downplaying this rework. This rework is AWESOME. This rework can get Jedi to defeat the Sith meta team. Not a full Jedi team but either way. Before this rework GMYoda wouldn't grace the top 100.

And to be certain, there will be more Jedi reworks, namely Anakin.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • I wonder why they delayed his event then, was due to start now, now have to wait another day for it, hmmm

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/173399/grand-master-yoda-legendary-event-schedule-changes#latest
  • Any insight as to how much Potency Down lowers the target's Potency?
    The help text inside the game is.... well.... not helpful.....

l0mz2b8t3xlv.jpeg
  • Roken_Fett wrote: »
    I don't see how people are complaining or downplaying this rework. This rework is AWESOME. This rework can get Jedi to defeat the Sith meta team. Not a full Jedi team but either way. Before this rework GMYoda wouldn't grace the top 100.

And to be certain, there will be more Jedi reworks, namely Anakin.

I’ve gotten in the top 20 with my gmyoda in my Ackbar led team on a dec 2016 shard. This ought to help even more!
  • NDSnyder
    174 posts Member
    Boooh for HR rewards... Boooh for makin this easy access toon beat my Sith...

But if you look at the picture, it makes sense. You got the motivation to move towards heroic as a guild, and you got the means to do so.

After a quite intensive Dark Side love (thank you, devs) a Jedi rework is very likely, with new and interesting solutions. BTW Yoda will be awesome.

So chill the f***ck out!
  • XKurareX
    478 posts Member
    Looks very good update. Fracture/mindtrick will hurt the whole jedi team. Still more good jedis needed to give some forms of cc or debuffs. Looks like CG got a good jedi update in mind. Thumbs up for the first step taken!
  • 713 wrote: »

Not getting shocked means he gets to get and keep all those shiny buffs