BB8 possible without Kylo?

Kai_Mulai
683 posts Member
I’ll start by admitting that I’ve had other priorities, so if the event was today, I would only be able to get BB8 at 5 stars. But I figured out that I should be able to have a team of five 7* First Order characters by the end of the event if I panic farm Phasma from the galactic war store. Assuming I can do this, my question is about the actual battle. Would it be possible for a team of g8 KRU (lead), g10 TIE Pilot, g8 SF Pilot, g8 Officer, and g8 Phasma to complete the highest tier battle and get 7* BB8?

Replies

• Kai_Mulai wrote: »
    I’ll start by admitting that I’ve had other priorities, so if the event was today, I would only be able to get BB8 at 5 stars. But I figured out that I should be able to have a team of five 7* First Order characters by the end of the event if I panic farm Phasma from the galactic war store. Assuming I can do this, my question is about the actual battle. Would it be possible for a team of g8 KRU (lead), g10 TIE Pilot, g8 SF Pilot, g8 Officer, and g8 Phasma to complete the highest tier battle and get 7* BB8?

I wonder this too, finding myself in pretty much the exact same spot. Guess we'll find out in a week or so.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    You should be ok if you put the omega on Oppressive Burst (FOSFTP). Asside from being a big damage dealer, Kylo's main element is the stun he inflicts with Outrage. You won't be able to use it as often due to the fact that he doesn't have the cooldown reset mechanic that KR has, but I think you'll be good with the team you have.

You'll probably have to put your arena mods on them, but I'm pretty sure you've got enough firepower in that lineup to get it done.
  • Thank you! I figured I was going to need to swap mods with another team to make it work, so that’s not a problem. Omega on oppressive burst is something I’ll make sure to do. Are there any other skills I need to have an omega for?
  • YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    I didn't have it when I got BB8, but FOO's Marching Orders is a great ability to have Omega'd (so is his Pinning Shot for that matter).

KRU's Halt for this event is especially useful because you'll want to use stun a lot, but I wouldn't consider any of his other abilities critical to have omega'd (his leadership zeta is probably the first you should put on any FO toon, but again, probably not in the cards for this event, I'm guessing).

I think Halt was the only omega I had when I got BB8 (my team was laughably under-developed as a whole). I might've had Unstoppable (Kylo Ren) too, but I can't be sure.
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    Yeah it's a really easy event
  • YKMisfit wrote: »
    I didn't have it when I got BB8, but FOO's Marching Orders is a great ability to have Omega'd (so is his Pinning Shot for that matter).

KRU's Halt for this event is especially useful because you'll want to use stun a lot, but I wouldn't consider any of his other abilities critical to have omega'd (his leadership zeta is probably the first you should put on any FO toon, but again, probably not in the cards for this event, I'm guessing).

I think Halt was the only omega I had when I got BB8 (my team was laughably under-developed as a whole). I might've had Unstoppable (Kylo Ren) too, but I can't be sure.

Okay, I currently have omegas on SF Pilot’s Oppressive Burst, and Officer’s Marching Orders and Pinning Shot. I should be able to omega Unmasked Kylo’s Halt before the event is over. I should be able to get KRU and Phasma to 7* by the 20th. What speeds are recommended?
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    When BB-8 was released, the only First Order units were Phasma, Kylo Ren, First Order Officer, First Order TIE Fighter Pilot, and First Order Stormtrooper. Folks got BB-8 to seven stars then.

You have KRUM as your leader, so you have a leg up.
    Still not a he.
  • YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    Kai_Mulai wrote: »
    YKMisfit wrote: »

Okay, I currently have omegas on SF Pilot’s Oppressive Burst, and Officer’s Marching Orders and Pinning Shot. I should be able to omega Unmasked Kylo’s Halt before the event is over. I should be able to get KRU and Phasma to 7* by the 20th. What speeds are recommended?

I couldn't tell you what speeds you need, just make sure your FOO is getting your best speed mods. You'll be throwing around TM from there, though less than if you had Kylo Ren.
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I've got mainly leftover mods on them right now. Put some speed on Officer, but I can do better if I need to. Here's how they look currently: https://swgoh.gg/u/kaimulai/squads/86367/

As you can see, I have practically no speed on most of them. I'm trying to figure out if I should just put speed arrows on them and that will be okay, or if I need to switch out entire mod sets.
    Post edited by Kai_Mulai on
  • I just 7* BB8 without Kylo (he's only 88/100).

KRU 85 G8 125 speed (4/7/4/7/7)
    FOO 80 G8 199 speed (5/7/8)
    FOSFTP 80 G7 144 speed (3/4/8))
    FOTP 85 G9 147 speed (8/8/7)
    Phasma 70 G7 154 speed (3/3/3/4)

It was important to manipulate turn order via speed on mods. Killed BB8, Han, Rey, Chewie, Finn.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • I did it today with
    KR 85 G10 7/8/7/7//7
    KRU 85 G9 8/8/7/8
    FOStormTrooper G8 80 3/4/5
    FOTiePilot G8 85 7/7/7
    Phasma 80 G8 8/5/5/4

nice to know it can be done with a very unimpressive (but very easy to farm) storm trooper in the team
  • My team is similar. I did have Kylo instead of Phasma, but my only Omegas were Halt and the ones on FOTP. My mods were a bunch of bottom-feeding leftovers like 1-dot CDs and stuff. My fastest toon was FOTP at 147, lol. I thought for sure I'd have to remod, but I ran straight through the event. I'd advise trying it before you spend a bunch of credits moving mods around.

My kill order: stun Finn, kill Rey, Chewie, Han, Finn, BB-8.
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Thank all for the good advice so far. Keep it coming! I finished up through tier 6 of the event, and now I’m waiting on KRU and Phasma to get to 7*. That should happen on the last day of the event (the 20th), so hopefully I’ll be able to get 7* BB8 then. I’ll try it with my current mods, and if it proves too difficult, I’ll switch in faster mods to see if that makes it doable.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    I found T7 to be easier than T6, even doing them back to back with no change to my team. You should be fine.
    Still not a he.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    I found T7 to be easier than T6, even doing them back to back with no change to my team. You should be fine.

Interesting. The description says tier 7 uses Finn’s zeta leader ability, which should make it harder. Maybe they just don’t land as many exposes without Poe?
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    The group doesn't land enough exposes for that to really matter, and advantage doesn't have too much impact in this fight.
    Still not a he.
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Would be interesting to see if anyone else had the same experience as I had:

Tier 6 - Resistance went first, fight was not difficult but took longer and FOTP ended the battle in the red.

Tier 7 - FO went first, laid waste to them easily. Everyone green health, 3/5 still with protection. (BB8 fired off ID at the end and applied it to Finn only for KRU to go next and double stun/cleanse it all...)
  • Whatelse73
    2147 posts Member
    I did it with the OG FO team myself. I lost Phasma in the final tier, but Kylo pulled it through, even without the zeta on him. It isn't that tough, just have decent mods on your team and you should be fine. Good luck!
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Would be interesting to see if anyone else had the same experience as I had:

Tier 6 - Resistance went first, fight was not difficult but took longer and FOTP ended the battle in the red.

Tier 7 - FO went first, laid waste to them easily. Everyone green health, 3/5 still with protection. (BB8 fired off ID at the end and applied it to Finn only for KRU to go next and double stun/cleanse it all...)

Haven’t done tier 7 yet, but in tier 6, Resistance went first, killed off KRU fairly quickly, and in the end I was down to only TIE Pilot (my only gear 10) by the time I won.
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    Well done though! Much easier when you go first. Which it'll be interesting to see if you did in tier 7 when you attempt it.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Seriously, is the search button broken?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Kai_Mulai wrote: »

Yes
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    Seriously, is the search button broken?
    When I started the thread, most of the info I saw said BB8 was easy to get since all you need is a built up Kylo Ren. Since I do not have the single character ready for the event that most of the guides said was necessary, it seemed like a fair question to ask. If you can find a previous thread detailing someone in my situation, then I am more than happy to grant my thread’s redundance. Otherwise, I must conclude that the search button is indeed broken because I could not find a similar circumstance.
  • Thank you all for your helpful advice! I just got BB8 at 7* and I didn’t even need to change out my mods! BB8 went first with secret intel, then my Officer (196 speed). Stunned the droid and Finn when I could and used kill order of Rey, BB8, Han, Chewie, Finn. Both pilots survived to the end, so it ended up a bit better than the 6th tier.
  • Congrats!
  • It's too bad we need (5) 7* first order toons to do the event.

I have a G12 zeta FOTP that has base 3200 physical dmg with a base 60% crit chance (his zeta gives him 30% crit chance and 30% crit dmg)

So he basically has 90% crit chance and under a KRU lead, he gets even more crit dmg. He hits for 30k on his special and 15k a piece of his basic which = 30k. Plus 30% TM combined under KRU. I will blow through this event once I get KR, FOO and Phasma to 7*! Just wish I could do it now cause I could probably do it with what I've got which is my G12 FOTP, G8 KRU and 4* KR lol.
  • It's too bad we need (5) 7* first order toons to do the event.

I have a G12 zeta FOTP that has base 3200 physical dmg with a base 60% crit chance (his zeta gives him 30% crit chance and 30% crit dmg)

So he basically has 90% crit chance and under a KRU lead, he gets even more crit dmg. He hits for 30k on his special and 15k a piece of his basic which = 30k. Plus 30% TM combined under KRU. I will blow through this event once I get KR, FOO and Phasma to 7*! Just wish I could do it now cause I could probably do it with what I've got which is my G12 FOTP, G8 KRU and 4* KR lol.

The point though is they want you to earn this 7* character, not just get him for free (which you essentially do... You get one of the top characters in the game without spending any energy/crystals/cash on him... The tradeoff is you have to earn him in battle). So I like the idea of the requirements. Gives me a target to build to. My first order team is ready for the end of the month, time to bring it