Rework: Grand Master Yoda

Replies

• Looks like he beating the snot out of triumverate and some other top teams. New meta approaching.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Does it go live per timezone? Hes not in my client yet.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    The update itself will drop all at once. I would expect it some time toward the end of the workday PST, so maybe in the next couple of hours.
    Still not a he.
  • BucMan55
    246 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »
    Does it go live per timezone? Hes not in my client yet.

If you look at the events table, it says it goes live at 3:00am EST. Though if you already have him unlocked I'd assume it will be whenever you see a client must restart message sometimes this evening.
  • I don't know how i'm just realizing this but how in the heck is CLS and JTR not oh I don't know 'jedi'?????
  • I don't know how i'm just realizing this but how in the heck is CLS and JTR not oh I don't know 'jedi'?????

Because neither of them is fully trained. CLS is from before he even met Yoda.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I don't know how i'm just realizing this but how in the heck is CLS and JTR not oh I don't know 'jedi'?????
    Because...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igx0nazlpfE
    Still not a he.
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I don't know how i'm just realizing this but how in the heck is CLS and JTR not oh I don't know 'jedi'?????

But they count as jedi in sith raid...
    I mean they've got the same benefit like jedi.
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »

But they count as jedi in sith raid...
    I mean they've got the same benefit like jedi.

There is no bonus for jedi in the Sith raid. The bonus is just for CLS, JTR, GM Yoda, and JKA.
  • Well, Sion still shuts down GMYoda in arena:(
  • But on a good note his damage is awesome now
  • He is still very underwhelming against the current sith teams.
    If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Well, Sion still shuts down GMYoda in arena:(

You are supposed to use your G12 Koth or Jedi Knight Guardian, or Aayla to stun or ability block him first!

Seriously though, what team were you running?
  • jjkriv
    429 posts Member
    But on a good note his damage is awesome now

Where did you put the zeta? Or which zeta is a must at this point?
  • Obi_six_Kenobi
    369 posts Member
    edited June 2018

You are supposed to use your G12 Koth or Jedi Knight Guardian, or Aayla to stun or ability block him first!

I tried a few lineups: Gmyoda lead with Ezra, GK, Hyoda, and Quigon, then the same team but with a zeta quigon lead, then an Ackbar lead team with CLS, Hyoda, GK, and Gmyoda, then the same Ackbar team, but with Han Solo replacing CLS, and then GK. I also tried the same GMyoda lead team above but replaces quigon with Han Solo.

I won a few against the standard nightmare team, (palp, Vader, Nihilus, Sion, thrawn). But couldn’t do it consistently. Sion would clear all the tenacity ups and other buffs Yoda would grant and force everyone to attack him, keeping palp alive, and my team open to all the debuffs. The best luck I had was with a Gmyoda lead team with Han Solo, but I think I need to focus down Sion first.

Still, he is way better. And I was able to get some decent damage on part 4 of the sith raid. GMyoda did over 90,000 damage in one shot against Nihilus.

He is definitely a good character, he just doesn’t seem like he’ll be taking over the meta from zeta palp teams just yet, but maybe with some other Jedi reworks.
  • Obi_six_Kenobi
    369 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    jjkriv wrote: »
    But on a good note his damage is awesome now

Where did you put the zeta? Or which zeta is a must at this point?

I have both zetas, but I’d say it depends on what you want to use him for, his leadership ability did give a huge boost to my damage output on the sith raid, but his battle meditation unique is also awesome and makes him better on any team lineup.

So I’d say leadership if you are focusing on raids, but his battle meditation if you want to use him for events or under a quigon lead in TW and TBs.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member

I tried a few lineups: Gmyoda lead with Ezra, GK, Hyoda, and Quigon, then the same team but with a zeta quigon lead, then an Ackbar lead team with CLS, Hyoda, GK, and Gmyoda, then the same Ackbar team, but with Han Solo replacing CLS, and then GK. I also tried the same GMyoda lead team above but replaces quigon with Han Solo.

I won a few against the standard nightmare team, (palp, Vader, Nihilus, Sion, thrawn). But couldn’t do it consistently. Sion would clear all the tenacity ups and other buffs Yoda would grant and force everyone to attack him, keeping palp alive, and my team open to all the debuffs. The best luck I had was with a Gmyoda lead team with Han Solo, but I think I need to focus down Sion first.

Still, he is way better. And I was able to get some decent damage on part 4 of the sith raid. GMyoda did over 90,000 damage in one shot against Nihilus.

He is definitely a good character, he just doesn’t seem like he’ll be taking over the meta from zeta palp teams just yet, but maybe with some other Jedi reworks.

I'll try my Rex team and I'll replace Enfys by Yoda and maybe Thrawn by HYoda, so I'll have Rex(L), GK, GMYoda, HYoda, CLS.
  • jedilord
    337 posts Member
    looks like he has the same ammount of health and protection as before... one shot from CUP i guess and say byebye to GMYoda^^
  • jedilord wrote: »
    looks like he has the same ammount of health and protection as before... one shot from CUP i guess and say byebye to GMYoda^^

Yeah, survivability is still an issue, and it looks like the 30% protection that he spreads is 30% of GMYoda’s protection rather than 30% of that characters protection which is about 10,000 rather than 30,000 for my GK.

But his special now has the 2nd highest unaltered damage of any ability in the game, so that’s cool!
  • CptCheez
    77 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    And to be certain, there will be more Jedi reworks, namely Anakin.

But to be even more certain, there will not be any more Jedi reworks, especially Anakin. At least not anytime soon.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/8sqdi0/number_one_request_for_coming_jedi_rework_give/e12d0z0/?sh=0452a148&st=JIPJYQIH

From Capgasp - "Hey all, it's cool people are excited for the GM Yoda rework (and, I hope, the new Mythic event too) but, um, there isn't a Jedi rework coming. We have some absolutely amazing things coming down the pipe, but at the moment a Jedi faction rework isn't one of them. I'm saying this now as clearly as I can because I don't want to get into a situation where everyone hypes up this Jedi rework thing and then gets mad when it doesn't materialize (which let's be real, has happened a few times in the past with "X being released means Y is getting reworked!"). As Carrie said in her post there will be a road ahead blog post in July that talks about future stuff."

And further down the thread where someone specifically asked him if Anakin was getting a rework, he said - "I can sort of talk about this. Myself and another designer did most of the initial design of the Sith Raid. Galactic Hero was one of my additions, and originally it was something that turned out to be more or less impossible to implement, but we'd already put it in, so it was changed to what it currently does. But as is the case in iterative development like game development, the raid went through a ton of tuning and eventually Galactic Hero became sort of useless. We aren't going to rework Anakin (he's already been reworked twice), and I can't talk or hint at future things, but I can say we are aware the Galactic Hero buff is... lackluster."

And - "We are not currently reworking Anakin, and we do not have any intention to do so at this time. Same goes for Mace and all other Jedi currently in-game (obviously not counting the just released GM Yoda rework)."
  • Well I sure don't consider Anakin one of the weaker Jedi's, and it is not like the Temple Guards need a rework, but Mace, Plo Koon, Consular (toon not pilot), Koth, Fisto in particular are weak and not helpful overall.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Im still calling Ki Adi Mundi. But that is mostly just hopeful optimisim.

Or Embo. Make sense to release Embo as part of Jedi rework, right? RIGHT?
  • No more Jedi reworks doesn't mean no new Jedi
  • Caiaphas
    187 posts Member
    Its not easy, but I am beating Nightmare teams most of the time.

There are still some issues, though... like if Sion goes and then DN goes, you can't cleanse Pain with GK. Then you die to Palp's passive damage... especially GMY, given how many turns he takes. CLS in the squad to Buff Immune Sion would really help here.

The good news, though, is that Palp can't stun you anymore, at least. Sion will clear all your buffs, sure, but he applies Pain, which triggers Tenacity Up on your Jedi.
  • CptCheez wrote: »
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    And to be certain, there will be more Jedi reworks, namely Anakin.

But to be even more certain, there will not be any more Jedi reworks, especially Anakin. At least not anytime soon.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/8sqdi0/number_one_request_for_coming_jedi_rework_give/e12d0z0/?sh=0452a148&st=JIPJYQIH

From Capgasp - "Hey all, it's cool people are excited for the GM Yoda rework (and, I hope, the new Mythic event too) but, um, there isn't a Jedi rework coming. We have some absolutely amazing things coming down the pipe, but at the moment a Jedi faction rework isn't one of them. I'm saying this now as clearly as I can because I don't want to get into a situation where everyone hypes up this Jedi rework thing and then gets mad when it doesn't materialize (which let's be real, has happened a few times in the past with "X being released means Y is getting reworked!"). As Carrie said in her post there will be a road ahead blog post in July that talks about future stuff."

And further down the thread where someone specifically asked him if Anakin was getting a rework, he said - "I can sort of talk about this. Myself and another designer did most of the initial design of the Sith Raid. Galactic Hero was one of my additions, and originally it was something that turned out to be more or less impossible to implement, but we'd already put it in, so it was changed to what it currently does. But as is the case in iterative development like game development, the raid went through a ton of tuning and eventually Galactic Hero became sort of useless. We aren't going to rework Anakin (he's already been reworked twice), and I can't talk or hint at future things, but I can say we are aware the Galactic Hero buff is... lackluster."

And - "We are not currently reworking Anakin, and we do not have any intention to do so at this time. Same goes for Mace and all other Jedi currently in-game (obviously not counting the just released GM Yoda rework)."

While I appreciate the communication, this seems so horrible. I think the most asked for thing is a Jedi rework, specifically mace and anakin who are useless but are some of the most powerful characters in Star Wars. Why they would make the most central faction to all of light side Star Wars across all eras useless is ridiculous. Why give sith such awesome and amazing meta defining reworks but not do jedi. I really don’t understand this. This hoped for/expected Jedi rework is what has been keeping me playing. Without this hope, for me, there just isn’t really anything to look forward to. Maybe Jedi Luke. Man this is disappointing.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    People, let's try to not overly read into what Capgasp isn't saying to try and move the misplaced hype to some new invented possibility.

No Jedi rework in the works means no Jedi rework in the works. It does n't mean new Jedi toons they're cleverly talking around.
    Still not a he.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    While I appreciate the communication, this seems so horrible. I think the most asked for thing is a Jedi rework, specifically mace and anakin who are useless but are some of the most powerful characters in Star Wars. Why they would make the most central faction to all of light side Star Wars across all eras useless is ridiculous. Why give sith such awesome and amazing meta defining reworks but not do jedi. I really don’t understand this. This hoped for/expected Jedi rework is what has been keeping me playing. Without this hope, for me, there just isn’t really anything to look forward to. Maybe Jedi Luke. Man this is disappointing.
    It is not in the works at this time. That does not mean it won't happen. They don't have everything they're working on mapped out in perpetuity. Just 'cuz it's not on the docket for this quarter doesn't mean it won't make the docket at all.

This month is Solo stuff. Next month, we'll get a Road Ahead post giving us the tempo for the coming quarter. After that? Who knows.

While we all want a Jedi rework, fact of the matter is, with this Yoda rework, they're in an alright place. You can put together some pretty solid Jedi teams. Not gonna top the arena charts, but the fact we have another viable P1 heroic Sith team and it's Jedi is notable.
    Still not a he.
  • Obi_six_Kenobi
    369 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    BulYwif wrote: »

I'll try my Rex team and I'll replace Enfys by Yoda and maybe Thrawn by HYoda, so I'll have Rex(L), GK, GMYoda, HYoda, CLS.

I’ve had some consistent success with Gmyoda lead, GK, Hyoda, Ezra, and Han Solo. I just have to focus down Sion first instead of try and work around him. The damage out out is impressive for Jedi, which is a nice change.

I won 7 out of 8 times against a full gear 12 great mods nightmare squad, and the one time I lost, Nihilus got his annihilate off on Gmyoda, and it didn’t trigger Hyoda’d 100% tm or Cooldown refresh even though he had MT on. Is that WAI?

I’m currently sitting at rank 13 on a dec 2016 shard
  • DarkDiggler
    372 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Isolate and fracture shut down Yoda, keeps you from cleansing pain and lets Yoda die. Also wampa and nest counters not to mention all the ways he gets one shot. It’s very sad Yoda is treated this way.
    If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    FWIW, with NO ZETA, GMY and this squad normally did 300k to 500k in Phase 1 of the Sith Raid T2. ji38uk3s88lf.png

We run T2 to finish overnight for coins only, until rewards are better.