Why are game changer given an unfair adavantage and allowed to profit from i

I would like to know why game changers are given an ufair advantage and then allowed to further profit from this advantage. Game changers are given test accounts where they can try anything before using/wasting their main account in game resources. Also from the streams I’ve watched if you donate they will try a team you theory craft, but again for a donation.

Replies

• Bossak
    119 posts Member
    Because they spend time and money to make content and information for the community...?
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    The game changers are basically a low cost advertisement method. It's win/win for everybody involved.
  • Athusk
    348 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    They’ve also given unfair advantages to their guilds as well. They can easily just tell their guild what to farm next and if a good toon is getting a rework you will surely see them benefitting themselves.

I remember back when Gamechangers were saying the sith were getting a second rework, there was a specific Gamechanger, which I saw (from their livestream) farming Sith Trooper for this “Nightmare Squad”. At the time, I wasn’t sure why he was farming it, especially since he was farming another toon.

Regardless, there isn’t much ways to work around this, as they are already given the information...

I haven’t seen GC’s ask for donations to try team comps out on test accounts. If that is true, I surely find the practice greedy and unethical...
  • Athusk
    348 posts Member
    Bossak wrote: »
    Because they spend time and money to make content and information for the community...?

They would have made content regardless of whether they are a GC or not. I don’t see why test accounts should be locked behind being a GC.
  • Vorgen
    254 posts Member
    Athusk wrote: »
    They’ve also given unfair advantages to their guilds as well. They can easily just tell their guild what to farm next and if a good toon is getting a rework you will surely see them benefitting themselves.

I remember back when Gamechangers were saying the sith were getting a second rework, there was a specific Gamechanger, which I saw (from their livestream) farming Sith Trooper for this “Nightmare Squad”. At the time, I wasn’t sure why he was farming it, especially since he was farming another toon at the time.

Regardless, there isn’t much ways to work around this, as they are already given the information...

I haven’t seen GC’s ask for donations to try team comps out on test accounts. If that is true, I surely find the practice greedy and unethical...

The “farm sith trooper”rumor was not for the nightmare team at all. The trio works just as well in comps without sith trooper. The rumor was that sith trooper along with sith assassin were going to be needed for a darkside equivalent of a hero’s journey event and the rumored character was Raven if I recall. That rumor hasn’t turn out to be accurate, at least not yet.
  • If anything I feel gamechangers are at a disadvantage. It takes time to record and edit those videos. Also imagine knowing what’s coming but absolutely cannot say anything about it and people probably ask all the time.

The hardest part about any sale is actually getting people to pony up the dough. So not only do they use their time and energy on videos, cannot talk about new content/ characters , but they also have to sell their content/selves to try to make some money off it. That’s just way too much for me but I appreciate their efforts.

Obvi it’s their choice but their choice comes out of total love for this game. The few game changers I had a chance to speak with always have a great passion for this game.
  • LtChocolate
    4 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Part of being in the gamechanger program requires them to make video's about content within a timeframe, at least that's my best guess. They usually give pretty good advice in their video's about whether a character is worth farming or not. People called them crazy when they said sion was gonna be a gamebreaker. 3 weeks later he's running the top of the arena shards, at 4* or less in most cases. the test accounts themselves don't give them much of an advantage, it's the time they invest, and sheer vast knowledge of the game that they gain from it, that gives them a small advantage in that they don't have to go searching through their characters to come up with good team comps.
  • They’re hit and miss. They can be very helpful and not helpful at all. They recently trashed the bounty hunter rework and showed clips of them getting annhilated in almost all formats. I haven’t put an ounce of attention into the faction after watching that video. So they’re definitely helpful.
  • Is there anyone here in the forums that can say they donated on a live stream? Because it's really not a donation, you're basically buying an arena battle which seems like a huge waste of money. GC's have a huge advantage over every other YouTuber because they can do any test and not spend personal crystals. It's shallow and downright lazy for them to charge money just to " test " and see if Traya is dominant ( which of course she is ) If people want to cough up $5 to see a the same maxed out sith team win again and again, then whatever, but it just leads to more profit for the select few CG have given privilege to. And yeah, the inside knowledge they sell is a whole different issue
  • Is there anyone here in the forums that can say they donated on a live stream? Because it's really not a donation, you're basically buying an arena battle which seems like a huge waste of money. GC's have a huge advantage over every other YouTuber because they can do any test and not spend personal crystals. It's shallow and downright lazy for them to charge money just to " test " and see if Traya is dominant ( which of course she is ) If people want to cough up $5 to see a the same maxed out sith team win again and again, then whatever, but it just leads to more profit for the select few CG have given privilege to. And yeah, the inside knowledge they sell is a whole different issue
    Yes, but the point is is that they spent a lot of time, effort, and money into providing the SWGOH community with quality videos before they were given the GC platform. They are GC’s because of what they did beforehand. They’ve earned it. CG didn’t pick random family members and friends to give privilege to.

• JediMath wrote: »
    I would like to know why game changers are given an ufair advantage and then allowed to further profit from this advantage. Game changers are given test accounts where they can try anything before using/wasting their main account in game resources. Also from the streams I’ve watched if you donate they will try a team you theory craft, but again for a donation.

Why would anyone care? There's been an agreement made between CG and them. It's none of my business. It costs me absolutely nothing and affects me in absolutely no way.
  • FieldL
    96 posts Member
    because every game needs some youtubers to promote the game. give advice to the player community as well as to the developers. Plus they dont get that advantage as you think. watch their videos and you will get the same information as well.
  • Game Changers are working on the new TK427 Dead Redemption slated for Christmas release. It’s the story of a Stormtrooper who leaves his squad on the wild frontier of Ord Mantell to make his way as a hired hand raising Nerfs. Along the way his past catches up with him.

The later release with be NS Zombie add on packs.

Fiction or Fact? Hmmmmmm.....
  • Jt446
    28 posts Member
    Always someone crying about something.
  • Bauer
    54 posts Member
    JediMath wrote: »

So what? They share everything they discover in there video's for us anyways. They help the community on who to farm next so we're not wasting time and resources on characters that aren't relevant
  • JohnAran
    312 posts Member

Why would anyone care? There's been an agreement made between CG and them. It's none of my business. It costs me absolutely nothing and affects me in absolutely no way.

Do you know twitch and youtube ? Maybe you heard of those. There are people on those creating video game content for a living. There is huge competition too.
    Unlucky for anyone who would try to do that for swgoh though.

By the way when you say « who would care, i don’t » it makes you look insanely selfish i don’t know if you can see that.

• JohnAran wrote: »
    Do you know twitch and youtube ?

I've heard of Twitch but never used it. Obviously I am very familiar with Youtube. I have seen one or two GC videos on there. I don't watch regularly.
    JohnAran wrote: »
    By the way when you say « who would care, i don’t » it makes you look insanely selfish i don’t know if you can see that.

Firstly, that's your subjective opinion. Secondly, it's not remotely selfish or maybe it is...maybe all our actions are. I can't see who I'm harming or hindering by not caring about GC videos...odd to think I might be hurting anyone.

• the main problem i see with gamechangers is that they have no idea what they doing, and they use their power given by CG to promote things to buy.
    this is how it works. some of them made some horrible suggestions, showing us toons that fight with 7* mods and calling stuff "meta breaking" while they are surely doesn't.
    they create hype from nothing, and do lot of mistakes in their videos aswell.
    the latest example is Yoda L team video beating the trio... like.. forgive me if i smell something fishy if ATF going before nest. COMON. that's just lies and they did the modding to make it look like Yoda team can win trio easily.
    so before everyone burning their zetas on ATF and Yoda L and gear them, try to think if there's any way your ATF will go before Nests in your arena. (and nest is also pretty hyped for not much).
    at least some few of them doing good job on what they suggest and what they choose to promote (looking at you skelturix)
  • Bro they are just promoters. They get paid by EA to do what they want and it doesnt hurt you or any other player around here. Atleast they tell you what characters are good and which are bad. You dont have to watch their videos if you dont want to support them.
  • Spiffymatt117
    26 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    "June 22 in Off Topic
    I would like to know why game changers are given an ufair advantage and then allowed to further profit from this advantage. Game changers are given test accounts where they can try anything before using/wasting their main account in game resources. Also from the streams I’ve watched if you donate they will try a team you theory craft, but again for a donation."

Would you like some cheese with your wine?
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    GC's are there to give the appearance of community to those watching. It's PR plain and simple. I ignore them, and click away the banners. If they really gave good advice and stopped trying to be cute I'd have more use for them.To be honest, after playing since launch, this game really isn't that complicated. I come from raiding in mmo's where you needed a degree in your class to be allowed in groups. Nightmare mode there would scare the hell out of most here. I've run dungeons that took 6 to 7 hours to finish. So they get donations, meh.. it's like tipping street musicians.
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    Because they use their time and money to promote the game. They will test stuff for you without a donation and give you advice so chill.
  • The concept does show promise in one respect though. It used be that profiting from EA content was a HUGE NO NO. Guess they are mellowing some. Or GC's are actually employees?
  • Tman
    257 posts Member
    Wow, I'm so glad I have common sense. One of the key parts of running a business is to, at the very least appear to, have communication with your consumers. Another key component is spreading the good word about the product you are selling. This is the goal of the GC. And, to be frank, its not like it harms the community. They may get inside information, but they work for that and use it to at least try to help us.
    I am more powerful than the Chancellor- Anikan Skywalker and Tman
  • Hellsteeth30
    832 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    The concept does show promise in one respect though. It used be that profiting from EA content was a HUGE NO NO. Guess they are mellowing some. Or GC's are actually employees?

From what I understand you don't even need to be a huge youtuber to get GC status.

It's not likely altruistic though, I would they hope the profits from said video find their way into the gaping maw of the financial division sarlacc.

I'm fairly sure some of the GC's "rig their decks" to support the narrative in some videos.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • My opinion - and it is just that - is that the GC's aren't harming anybody. They aren't twisting arms for donations, and if people are that way inclined well that's up to them.
    I watch a couple of these guys on a regular basis, my gameplay has come on ten fold as a result. Some videos are VERY informative. I watch the live streams, I don't donate, it's just a light hearted way IMO to get a little further enjoyment from a game that has become one of my all time favourites.

They don't scam anyone, and as for the unfair advantage, I don't see it. They still have the same grind on their personal accounts that we do. Yes they may have 'insider' knowledge but they regularly pass that on through the content they release on Youtube/Twitch so whos missing out really. Is that info always correct? Maybe not but who cares - it's only a game!

Can you really hate on them for making a few quid when they put a lot of time and effort into what they do. I don't, and until the day they run over my dog or something it doesn't bother me in the least!

Must stress again, only my opinion, if we all thought the same the world would be very dull.
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Why are we worried about other people? Does this impact you at all? Who gives a krap?
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    Why are we worried about other people? Does this impact you at all? Who gives a krap?

I might give a krap but you'll have to tell me what it is first because I don't know if I own any. ;)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH