Why can't I get past the last galactic war battle

Delayedsniper08
14 posts Member
edited June 2018
I'm level 58 and I am having problems, as it says, on the very last level. My team consists of Barriss (leader), fives maxed out, Luke (farm boy) old ben, and nest for getting rid of taunts and other damage (counter)

Why can't I get past the last galactic war battle 23 votes

Change your team
91%
EventineElessedilWaquiElleMadaraZCD_9915SthenosHuatimusEnderGamer87KyJoe_CooldarthAmmuzNoomiZNaraicRhunnebig_badYerff_CaasimcshantHellsteeth30BlackHawk75kDelayedsniper08rodandreelguyJarJarJardini 21 votes
Change your leader
4%
Cahhmakt 1 vote
Other (email me @ delayedsniper08@gmail.com)
4%
Mr_Sausage 1 vote
Post edited by Delayedsniper08 on

Replies

• Change your team
    Please reply here with your team if your level 55--60
  • Change your team
    I am no longer level 55-60. But when I was, I used Phoenix (Hera, Ezra, Kanan, Zeb, Chopper). They have superior survivability, and even if they couldn't take the whole war (which they usually could), I'd have an unused secondary team I could use for the last node (you could have the team you already have to be your backup).
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Change your team
    Seem like everyone is popping into the forum to inquire about GW once they hit L50-60. Almost always, the problem boils down to this: you cannot expect to clear GW with a single team at your level. What was working for you before is going to fail as GW gets harder.

Key #1: you must understand why GW difficulty increases. Look at your roster. Sort by power. The power level of characters at the top determine how hard the GW nodes are. When you add anything to your top5, GW gets harder. Nothing you do will ever reduce the GW node power, it will only get harder. To freeze GW at its current difficulty, stop improving your best heroes; instead, build up other squads in your roster. GW difficulty will peak at your power level when you reach L80 (I think).

Key #2: build a high damage squad for end nodes. Wedge lead with Biggs is a popular combo, but there are many possible choices. Anything with assists, ally TM generation, or enemy TM reduction will do nicely. Other examples: Phasma FO, HK droids, Ventress NS. These teams roles are to do massive damage before they are defeated, severely crippling if not outright eliminating the enemy team. Don't expect them to roll the whole table.

Key #3: rotate your GW teams. Bring your big damage teams into an early node (1, 2, 4, or 5) and use only basics to roast the enemy. This loads TM on your damage team so that when you really need them, they come into the battle pre-charged to get a jump on the enemy. Use your Barriss team to slog through the middle of the table.

If it were me, I would drop Fives from your core GW team in favor of bigger damage or maybe stronger control debuffs. I always liked Ventress at your level. Stun on basic, AOE to get around taunts, and an AOE debuff + heal. Good stuff.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Sorry for the slight tangent but it's funny that you want people to email you with other options instead of just posting them here. You aren't a Nigerian prince, are you?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Change your team
    TVF wrote: »
    Sorry for the slight tangent but it's funny that you want people to email you with other options instead of just posting them here. You aren't a Nigerian prince, are you?

I forgot you could reply XD
  • Change your team
    Seem like everyone is popping into the forum to inquire about GW once they hit L50-60. Almost always, the problem boils down to this: you cannot expect to clear GW with a single team at your level. What was working for you before is going to fail as GW gets harder.

Key #1: you must understand why GW difficulty increases. Look at your roster. Sort by power. The power level of characters at the top determine how hard the GW nodes are. When you add anything to your top5, GW gets harder. Nothing you do will ever reduce the GW node power, it will only get harder. To freeze GW at its current difficulty, stop improving your best heroes; instead, build up other squads in your roster. GW difficulty will peak at your power level when you reach L80 (I think).

Key #2: build a high damage squad for end nodes. Wedge lead with Biggs is a popular combo, but there are many possible choices. Anything with assists, ally TM generation, or enemy TM reduction will do nicely. Other examples: Phasma FO, HK droids, Ventress NS. These teams roles are to do massive damage before they are defeated, severely crippling if not outright eliminating the enemy team. Don't expect them to roll the whole table.

Key #3: rotate your GW teams. Bring your big damage teams into an early node (1, 2, 4, or 5) and use only basics to roast the enemy. This loads TM on your damage team so that when you really need them, they come into the battle pre-charged to get a jump on the enemy. Use your Barriss team to slog through the middle of the table.

If it were me, I would drop Fives from your core GW team in favor of bigger damage or maybe stronger control debuffs. I always liked Ventress at your level. Stun on basic, AOE to get around taunts, and an AOE debuff + heal. Good stuff.

I never thought about it like that, thx
  • Darkrose_One
    51 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I struggled with GW until level 70 (I am level 72 now). Evidently I needed to make a Phoenix team. In my top 5 high powered characters, Phoenix now holds 2/5 of those slots. I have cleared the GW the last 4-days. I will work on them until level 80, G9, and 7*. The 1200 tokens, and ~500,000 credits per day is really helping me out.
  • Change your team
    I struggled with GW until level 70 (I am level 72 now). Evidently I needed to make a Phoenix team. In my top 5 high powered characters, Phoenix now holds 2/5 of those slots. I have cleared the GW the last 4-days. I will work on them until level 80, G9, and 7*. The 1200 tokens, and ~500,000 credits per day is really helping me out.

Thanks, just got Ezra to 6 stars, he's a beast!!
  • Hellsteeth30
    832 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Change your team
    Yep Phoenix pretty much do it for me. If they can't my hodge podge Empire team usually does enough that Phoenix can get through it.

I do remember late 50s early 60s being a little rough though.

I do now occasionally run across the odd Palp/Thrawn team at later nodes though and they can be nasty especially seeing as they can quite often be gear 9/10. Gear 8 onwards is a royal pain for Phoenix to get.

Just be pleased CG made it easier compared to before late last year.

Oh and Ezra can do a good job in rebel and Jedi teams by himself. Especially with reworked Yoda.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Change your team
    Phoenix is a great team. I suggest using Phoenix squad and gearing up Ezra and Sabine.
  • Change your team
    Alright Thank you all :)
  • Other (email me @ delayedsniper08@gmail.com)
    Obviously change your team if it isn’t working but I’m just going to guess that you are at the point where you are not going to beat GW every time. We’ve all been there at some point. That’s why I say other. Sometimes no matter what you do, your roster will not be good enough to beat it.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Change your team
    Did you delay your reply by 2 months because OP name is delayed sniper?