Regarding Heroine Bundle Purchases

Replies

• add a care over time as a third jurisdiction , for example 10% of the Bariss health per turn for turn 2
  • Really! TOS or not TOS if EA does not do something reasonable about this in return, it would be a scam regardless. Barriss is just a small portion of what I put in. I am now very concern about the rest of the characters I have. Well not very concerned but already losing interest in the game. God knows what will happen after I spend time and or money in the next two weeks. Already moving to another game.
  • Dashboard
    229 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Admittedly, it is nice of EA to make a sort of compensation for the recent changes. Yet, I can't help but feel that it really is not a wise decision. Take Riot Inc. founders and developers off League Of Legends, they release a new character, overpowered often times, people buy it due to the characters strength and a patch or two later, that character gets nerfed. They don't compensate people for doing their job as game balancers; nor should they!

People purchase Barris for her inherent strength as a marvelous healer. Yet they complain when the developers decide to weaken her. Sure, you can say that it makes you angry, rightly so! However, this is not some single player game where balancing between playable characters is not as heavily prioritized, it is a multiplayer game were balancing is crucial.

Barris was too important of a character, so much so that a Free-to-player student with no money such as myself have to first get to level 50+ to even begin grinding for her shards. Nerf or not, getting her at the start of the game sounds too good for a simple student as me, I can only dream of getting her.

This is an amazing game, I love the free to play model! It's grindy, sure, but it is not quicksand - leaving a player worthless after 2 days. I'll gladly purchase shards when I have some spare money over, not because I necessarily need them, but because I have always tried my very best to contribute to the things I love.
  • davida8546 wrote: »
    Really! TOS or not TOS if EA does not do something reasonable about this in return, it would be a scam regardless. Barriss is just a small portion of what I put in. I am now very concern about the rest of the characters I have. Well not very concerned but already losing interest in the game. God knows what will happen after I spend time and or money in the next two weeks. Already moving to another game.

That is a valid concern, unfortunately character/item balancing is a common occurrence in any game with player versus player capabilities. As long as there is character diversity, there will ALWAYS be something that becomes the new OP item. The difference becomes how far OP it is.

I'm sure the Dev team noticed the performance stats well before it became a hot topic. They knew they would have to eventually address it, but they likely waited until the playerbase started to take notice and speak out about it. The thing is, balance is a two way street. The Dev team also takes note of underperforming characters, and look to try to make them viable as well. Although the Sidious buff is quite questionable. However, I don't have the performance metrics, so maybe they saw something we didn't.

My general rule of gaming, is that if EVERYONE is recommending a particular item/weapon/character, and it feels too easy when using it, it is probably OP and will come up on the nerf list. So I "usually" avoid wasting time or money on that item.

Back when the first Black Ops game came out, I made it a point to get good with the default weapons. Everyone thought I was silly, while they used the OP weapon of the month. Well, after the inevitable nerfs, I was still performing at a high level, because I made the unexpected weapon perform higher than others, plus I used it significantly longer. Eventually others started to get the point, and stayed away from bothering with OP items altogether. There is no sport in it anyway.

• What was the compensation?
  • Dashboard wrote: »
    Admittedly, it is nice of EA to make a sort of compensation for the recent changes. Yet, I can't help but feel that it really is not a wise decision. Take Riot Inc. founders and developers off League Of Legends, they release a new character, overpowered often times, people buy it due to the characters strength and a patch or two later, that character gets nerfed. They don't compensate people for doing their job as game balancers; nor should they!

People purchase Barris for her inherent strength as a marvelous healer. Yet they complain when the developers decide to weaken her. Sure, you can say that it makes you angry, rightly so! However, this is not some single player game where balancing between playable characters is not as heavily prioritized, it is a multiplayer game were balancing is crucial.

Barris was too important of a character, so much so that a Free-to-player student with no money such as myself have to first get to level 50+ to even begin grinding for her shards. Nerf or not, getting her at the start of the game sounds too good for a simple student as me, I can only dream of getting her.

This is an amazing game, I love the free to play model! It's grindy, sure, but it is not quicksand - leaving a player worthless after 2 days. I'll gladly purchase shards when I have some spare money over, not because I necessarily need them, but because I have always tried my very best to contribute to the things I love.

Very well said!
  • I bought the Heroine Pack as well. I will see what the compensation package is before I make a final decision on whether to support the game further by buying the current pack. I am a player that does like supporting games I love and play on a daily basis just to keep it alive and well. I don't pay to win or compete heavily in pvp. I like to support f2p players too as they can be kids, teens, players with limited income. I have no problems with that.

This is indeed a well intended gesture by the dev regardless. And I do appreciate this gesture.

I also feel that the nerf on Barris was overly excessive. Perhaps she needed a nerf but not to the calibre she was hit with. If the team can just rebalance her by adjusting her healing abilities and/or offensive abilities that might have been a better solution. And I hope it will still be reconsidered.
  • Tryban wrote: »
    General game balance? Guess it depends on definition of balance.
    Equal opportunity or equal outcome.
    There were plenty of other characters and strategies available, even to f2pers to counter Barriss and easily defeat her. I think it would have gone a long way to show some performance numbers to support such a massive nerf on her abilities so soon after launch.
    I think most wouldn't have been so outraged if she were nerfed a month or two down the road, after compiling and presenting supporting data to demonstrate that she was significantly out performing similar characters in all situations. The only info I saw was that she was better than nearly all healers in many situations, which indicates she wasn't the best in all cases and that some are even better. What's wrong with a character being good, or even best?
    The perception is this nerf came because of a bunch of whiners, who either didn't have the character or weren't clever enough to find a way to neutralize her utility, and were upset they couldn't crack into top pvp rankings. I, and many others, didn't seem to have much difficulty defeating teams, even higher level, that had Barriss.
    She's classified as a healer, but that's not what she really does. Someone pointed to a great example with the challenge involving Savage Oppress wiping health, see how much Barriss actually "heals" compared to all other healers, she's the worst (Ahsoka who is a great attacker now is almost more useful as a healer than Barriss.) Her utility is equalizing health, not healing, which is why it appears she "heals" through a heal block.
    Based on the game update notes, looks like she'll be a little more viable as a healer after several ability upgrades. But that doesn't make how this all went down right, good, fair, or any other adjective to describe the "balancing" that took place.
    It is a relief that EA/CG recognize what happened and are making an attempt to compensate and make amends. Without a doubt, some will still be inconsolable, but I'm hoping the gift will be worthwhile. No, not expecting the moon. I at least hope they make her shards more readily available in ealier levels or one of the shipment stores. Other healers with overall better utility now are more easily obtained and doesn't seem to justify Barriss's current shard rarity. Either way, she isn't totally useless, but probably wouldn't have purchased a $50 pack with her in it at her post nerf levels. Maybe a $5-$10 like Dooku...lol

Well said, and quoted for truth. I never had a problem with fighting Barriss, and now seek her as leader in arena because she's been destroyed. The biggest problem with the nerf was the absurdly short time she existed as sold and that it seems people who were too impatient to develop a strategy against her cried enough to get it changed.

• Vampire_X wrote: »
    Terms of service keeps being thrown out here but your not smart marks (wrestling term for knowing the gimmicks)

Terms decide how your allowed to access content, not that they can not be legally liable and in fact if you agree to pay a million dollars in qurora tos as a legal example it's not binding in federal court because terms only apply to access not liability

So stop using tos as to refunds it makes you look ignorant to real law not that truth matters to rant I g internet tough guys

Secondly

Bragging you don't pay makes the developers sad, if you pay nothing your a leech on the game, sorry but that is truth , mobile games need leeches to build competition and strive to encourage purchasing trend but in the end if you do not spend the game ends

Why is that so hard to understand??????? Nothing is free ever and harassing those of us who do are not paying to win we are paying to play, what winning is there?? No money or prizes change hands it's a game.... The perception of your strategy to another's cash is just that a perception neither of us care except that one of us is supporting cg and the other is not

Have a wonderful night :)

Thank you. Please read this as often as you need to till you understand what's going on in regards to TOS and having the right for a refund under Apple/Google policy.

Regarding the lashing out at paying players, get over yourself and either play as you see fit or move on. FWIW, I've bought some character packs, so in a lot of F2P people's minds I'm P2W. Only problem with that is I pay to collect characters and play PvE. I rank in 200-300 by choice and only do daily arena. I'm sure I'm not the only player doing this. I play for fun, in the manner I wish.

As said, what exactly are you paying to win? A rank on a leaderboard? Yes you get better rewards but I don't know about anyone else but if a player is paying $1,000 a month, or a week, they've got more right to that rank and rewards than I do. You know, I remember a time when playing a game was supposed to be fun. A lot of players should try it.
  • Dashboard wrote: »

I am not sure why you feel compensating is wrong though? (This was a heavy nerf)
    Before this message from dev, I would never have bought a new character-pack again. They cost A LOT and the risk of them going from OP to UP overnight without any compensation is not worth it to me
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Pole breaker lol

Wins the internet he did , argue for nothing he must!

Like I literally am laughing in tears at how silly the tone of this has gotten , love all you guys who weighed in, but your truth and opinions are so meaningless to him and yet set him off so disturbingly that you need to keep going this is getting amazing how he keeps responding

Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Thanks CG / EA / Aaron and Jesse for acknowledging this issue. I'm actually really happy in general that you guys are going to nerf characters (put aside debate if BO was OP or not) in the name of game balance. That should be done for the long-term health of the game. That's admirable actually. This actually shows to me they are NOT greedy - by taking that action they are putting the game long-term over the short term possible disruption to paying customers. It's risky to nerf and upset the apple cart, but they did it for a greater good. That's a tough call for management to make.

That being said, just from a customer experience and business perspective I think it's totally appropriate and just to extend some olive branch back to those customers that were negatively impacted. This to me now is looking like a class move all the way around. You have a company that is making changes for what they feel is the greater good and then making up for that issue with its customers. We also now have expectations set going forward.
  • Waiting for my compensation. However, i think it is the right decision to nerf barriss for the sake of the starwars canon.
  • What was the nerf? I haven't noticed a difference :/
  • Camalus
    217 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Why is it so hard for people to get throught their heads that they are not selling characters or their abilities. rather, since the character is farmable they are merely selling you the instant acquisition of this character, nothing more. You could obtain everything in that pack for free if you spent enough time. So there is zero merit to the complaining since they are clearly ignorant on what it was they even purchased in the first place.

The free player who obtains a 4 star bariss in a bronzium/chromium pack has just as much right to debate the nerf as much as somebody who paid to obtain her instantly, plain and simple. There are 2 kinds of currency here, time of your life grinding, and cash. If you wish to forgo grinding they have given you the option to do so, with cash. They like to refer to it as , allowing the consumer to choose their own experience.
  • Camalus wrote: »
    Why is it so hard for people to get throught their heads that they are not selling characters or their abilities. rather, since the character is farmable they are merely selling you the instant acquisition of this character, nothing more. You could obtain everything in that pack for free if you spent enough time. So there is zero merit to the complaining since they are clearly ignorant on what it was they even purchased in the first place.

They are selling instant acquisition of the characters, which includes their abilities. It's silly to try to separate the two. The main purpose is that instant acquisition of a character with a certain inherent usefulness to the character. If that usefulness is significantly diminished, then of course people will be upset. So no, there isn't zero merit to the complaining.

If GoH continues to release top tier characters and has them for sale for immediate acquisition for such high monetary costs, then after the sale is done, they over-nerf the characters to tier 3 (and buff the counters to that character simultaneously), you can bet that there will be a LOT less people willing to invest in the packs which hurts the company in a long run.

Most reasonable players will be fine with balance, but with the drastic changes that happened it was too much. Many other games do small incremental tweaks (10%-25% changes) for balancing, rather than cut multiple abilities by half of a single character, and arbitrarily double the damage dealt by one of their counters..
  • But if something was broke, to the point it became unbalanced and got to be changed. Didn't those players already enjoyed a undefined period of time with an unfair advantage over every player whom didn't buy that specific pack? Now they will get freebies?

I don't find it sound logic. Seems to me, if something was broke, the whole player base was affected. Most probably, everyone should get something, BUT the ones that got a refund. Since they enjoyed the advantage, for free.
  • Kyuu2 wrote: »
    Camalus wrote: »

They are selling instant acquisition of the characters, which includes their abilities. It's silly to try to separate the two. The main purpose is that instant acquisition of a character with a certain inherent usefulness to the character. If that usefulness is significantly diminished, then of course people will be upset. So no, there isn't zero merit to the complaining.

If GoH continues to release top tier characters and has them for sale for immediate acquisition for such high monetary costs, then after the sale is done, they over-nerf the characters to tier 3 (and buff the counters to that character simultaneously), you can bet that there will be a LOT less people willing to invest in the packs which hurts the company in a long run.

Most reasonable players will be fine with balance, but with the drastic changes that happened it was too much. Many other games do small incremental tweaks (10%-25% changes) for balancing, rather than cut multiple abilities by half of a single character, and arbitrarily double the damage dealt by one of their counters..

It is not silly to separate the two since that's what keeps them out of court. Sorry you are wrong, they cannot sell power only shorter avenues of advancement. Which in this game gets you nowhere unless ahead of everybody else is where you strive to be.

• The_Doctor wrote: »
    But if something was broke, to the point it became unbalanced and got to be changed. Didn't those players already enjoyed a undefined period of time with an unfair advantage over every player whom didn't buy that specific pack? Now they will get freebies?

I don't find it sound logic. Seems to me, if something was broke, the whole player base was affected. Most probably, everyone should get something, BUT the ones that got a refund. Since they enjoyed the advantage, for free.

Silly, the advantage wasn't free. They paid the developers $50 for the advantage. I personally had only a few days of the "unfair advantage", due to only recently picking up the game and not immediately buying the Barriss pack when it was first offered ($50 micro transaction isn't that micro to me). However it is a semi valid point that you brought up. I would have been perfectly fine with no compensation if she was balanced closer to Lumi in strength, but Barriss is definitely not even that close now in my personal opinion. I think that gap would increase seeing as how Barriss isn't as easy to level as well. Perhaps she needed a less severe nerf on her heal and/or an increase in damage to compensate.

The ones who had the advantage paid to have it. If there was no advantage, then many people wouldn't pay for it and the game wouldn't be able to pay its developers. That's the unfortunate reality of the way these games are designed.
  • Tryban wrote: »
    Entitled to way more, like a "balanced" playing field when you feel "disadvantaged?"...lol
    I like playing devil's advocate, too.
    So, f2p didn't want to or couldn't pay to get her sooner and felt uncompetitive against those with her. To remove the immediate p2w advantage, the complaints of op start, compound, to shift "advantage" back to f2p, who get "balance" over time vs immediate premium of money.
    I didn't think Barriss was OP. I'm not a brilliant gamer but had no problem developing a strategy to beat teams with her, even before I got her. I'd agree she was powerful so early in the game, but that's why people paid to get her sooner instead of grinding over time. People with Sidious have an advantage if you don't have Barriss. Does not paying or not having some characters sooner put you at a competitive disadvantage in the short term, you betcha. Equal opportunity choice, pay for sooner, or grind and catch up over time.
    With such differing opinions, I'd be curious to see some data supporting how op Barriss was believed to be. I've seen data in other games supporting classes or characters having a significant, indefensible advantage in damage, health, cooldowns, etc., made sense to adjust. I've also seen nerfs simply because people complained, whined (squeaky wheel theory). With such diverse characters, roles, abilities, play status, etc., "balance" isn't really achieveable. Nerf this character, another becomes op, then another, and so on until aggravation sets in; pay for sooner or play free and be disadvantaged until you catch up over time. I might have a different opinion if I saw data supporting Barriss was op. But, still wouldn't change my opinion that those paying have a complaint given circumstances.
    This whole thing is highly amusing. There are extreme whiners on both sides. Have seen it in other games too; the class struggle between f2p, p2p, and p2w.
    Thank goodness chess was invented long ago or poor strategists today might say she was op...lol
    Thanks EA for listening to both sides, trying to please as many as possible, and trying to make things better for those feeling slighted. Love the game and when is Yoda gonna be available...lol

Best post and the most logical post in this discussion
  • Destark
    81 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I don't get why people didn't buy Heroine packs are even complaining in this discussion, this discussion is suppose to be about unhappy customers who bought the packs, if you didn't pay a dime on it why spent such an effort on not let other people have their gifts? Sour grapes perhaps?
  • Destark wrote: »
    I don't get why people didn't buy Heroine packs are even complaining in this discussion, this discussion is suppose to be about unhappy customers who bought the packs, if you didn't pay a dime on it why spent such an effort on not let other people have their gifts? Sour grapes perhaps?
    The packs will change, the characters will change, the only reason this is happening because the game is new and they are still working out NORMAL balancing mishaps, and their ideas that what they paid for was a certain set of abilities, I get that, but the guy who got the same character for free but paid a lot for somebody else just out of choice be compensated as well? The only reason they are giving anybody anything is because I believe they are trying to not get off on the wrong foot with the community and their paying customers, but they really should just state the facts draw a line and move on, prove to the community through balance that we can have faith in the development teams decisions. I believe that would send a stronger message than giving in to compromise.
  • Bottom line for me is they should've raised her damage when they nerfed her. She's no longer even efficient at healing and her attack is like bringing a knife to a gun fight.
  • Kyuu2 wrote: »
    The_Doctor wrote: »

Silly, the advantage wasn't free.
    The ones who had the advantage paid to have it. If there was no advantage, then many people wouldn't pay for it and the game wouldn't be able to pay its developers. That's the unfortunate reality of the way these games are designed.

The free part of my post is related to people who bought her and later got a refund. Making their overpowered period essentialy free.

But in reality, I don't really care anyhow.
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Destark wrote: »
    The packs will change, the characters will change, the only reason this is happening because the game is new and they are still working out NORMAL balancing mishaps, and their ideas that what they paid for was a certain set of abilities, I get that, but the guy who got the same character for free but paid a lot for somebody else just out of choice be compensated as well? The only reason they are giving anybody anything is because I believe they are trying to not get off on the wrong foot with the community and their paying customers, but they really should just state the facts draw a line and move on, prove to the community through balance that we can have faith in the development teams decisions. I believe that would send a stronger message than giving in to compromise.

She was balanced though. There are a few guys that made claims about something being OP 2 less than two weeks in to the game's release when hardly anyone, even major P2P, had a large amount of the roster built. How can you even honestly judge if something is OP or not when you have but a tiny sliver of the roster to counter it with? I run in to new toons frequently that my roster doesn't handle very well because I don't have that particular counter skill built up. This doesn't mean they are OP, just means my team is young and not developed enough yet to take on everything. I don't think any hard launch pay player or a free player, could credibly make a claim that something was OP because too much of the roster was unlocked at that time and unbuilt.

Not sure why it is hard to understand that a company would want to make amends to customers that had a negative experience. Send a strong message after offending your customers accomplishes what?

Also, stop referencing TOS or what they are selling, etc. True they are not selling toons or rights or whatever and TOS says this and that.......but what they are selling is entertainment. They are selling happiness. They are selling an escape from the real world. They are selling a fantasy universe. They are selling fun. They are selling intangible goods to emotional human beings. Poking someone in the eye and then saying...deal with it...is not a fun experience for the customer...and there is no shortage of places players can take their mobile gaming dollar/currency. It's a no brainer that management would want to make amends with these customers to renew their faith in the company and build back some good will.

• Camalus
    217 posts Member
    edited December 2015

She was balanced though. There are a few guys that made claims about something being OP 2 less than two weeks in to the game's release when hardly anyone, even major P2P, had a large amount of the roster built. How can you even honestly judge if something is OP or not when you have but a tiny sliver of the roster to counter it with? I run in to new toons frequently that my roster doesn't handle very well because I don't have that particular counter skill built up. This doesn't mean they are OP, just means my team is young and not developed enough yet to take on everything. I don't think any hard launch pay player or a free player, could credibly make a claim that something was OP because too much of the roster was unlocked at that time and unbuilt.

Not sure why it is hard to understand that a company would want to make amends to customers that had a negative experience. Send a strong message after offending your customers accomplishes what?

Also, stop referencing TOS or what they are selling, etc. True they are not selling toons or rights or whatever and TOS says this and that.......but what they are selling is entertainment. They are selling happiness. They are selling an escape from the real world. They are selling a fantasy universe. They are selling fun. They are selling intangible goods to emotional human beings. Poking someone in the eye and then saying...deal with it...is not a fun experience for the customer...and there is no shortage of places players can take their mobile gaming dollar/currency. It's a no brainer that management would want to make amends with these customers to renew their faith in the company and build back some good will.
    First of all the cards drop random toons for a reason. There is the possibility that you got dropped some 2 or 1 star toons while a free player got some 4 star toons, and that you may have the same amount of toons, and the same team. So your first argument is null and void, paying players shouldn't have to work out the balance to begin with, isn't that like you paying to do their work for them? Now you want compensation? I understand you feel you bought a pack of playing cards that guaranteed one card of a certain player and that the stats on the card were not going to change overnight, which is a traditional business model, this however is not.

secondly...
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065219072538297/

This thread shows the plight of me and many many others have suffered(64 forum pages) of a problem in BF4 where we crash literally every second round due to memory leaks in windows 8, for like a year straight, do you think they offered me or any of us a refund of the 120 dollars we paid for the game, noooo. not even close, instead they refused to even offer an official reponse.

I'm not even referring to the terms of service, technically they are selling an alternative to grinding, and technicalities are the same things keeping them in business. What do you get if you beat the game before everyone else and sit atop the leaderboard with out ever having earned it? some people enjoy that fine some people enjoy achieving that on their own. The bottom line is you paid for instant access much like you would preorder a game to get instant access to a gun or some item that is unlockable later. Everybody gets the gun at some point you just get it immediately.
  • Camalus wrote: »

secondly...

This thread shows the plight of me and many many others have suffered(64 forum pages) of a problem in BF4 where we crash literally every second round due to memory leaks in windows 8, for like a year straight, do you think they offered me or any of us a refund of the 120 dollars we paid for the game, noooo. not even close, instead they refused to even offer an official reponse.

I'm not even referring to the terms of service, technically they are selling an alternative to grinding, and technicalities are the same things keeping them in business. What do you get if you beat the game before everyone else and sit atop the leaderboard with out ever having earned it? some people enjoy that fine some people enjoy achieving that on their own. The bottom line is you paid for instant access much like you would preorder a game to get instant access to a gun or some item that is unlockable later. Everybody gets the gun at some point you just get it immediately.

Thanks for posting this. Ok, lets sit right here on this thread. I actually went and read though till about page 20, then skipped to the end and read the last few pages. You had 3 posts on the final page - unless that was a different Camalus. What I see in that thread is a lot of unhappy customers. Now, you're holding that up here and saying...hey look, this other company didn't care about their customers...I can only assume you're doing that to say that's what CG/ EA should do here or would be justified in doing anyway. If that's not it, why post that here and what's the point of bringing up another company's poor business practices? I'm sure this didn't help them maintain and build their customer base - at least not among these customers having such severe problems. Obviously you thought the response was improper and inadequate and wanting something more or you all wouldn't have been posting...but you guys didn't get it unfortunately. After that long and also many people actually buying new hardware, etc. don't you think it would have been prudent that they at least give something as a compensation? Not even justifying that with a response is unacceptable and everyone should have filed a complaint with the BBB and never played that developer again. I saw some guys threatening to file a class action lawsuit.

Good companies realize how much competition is out there and take measures to maintain customer relations when things have broken down. No matter if the breakdown was accidental or even if the customer understood it was possible, if the end result is a poor customer experience than it's the company's decision to try to keep that customer from going elsewhere by making amends. Having been someone that was actually a victim of a company in the past, why are you not more supportive of CG / EA actually trying to be a good steward of the game and their customers?
  • I feel this post will closed by the sheer number of noise added by this Calamus. Wish all his posts could go into a Calamus thread to know other's reactions to this.

Calamus, by your logic then they can sell any character, and the next day after sale expires nerf it to remove all specials, all damage, and put a health pool of 1, no armor, no dodge. And everyone should instead of doing what they think right, remember they clicked on a ToS button, and continue to enjoy things.

I bought the Heroine pack, and don't THAT care that much what happens. For me $50 isn't much. DOESN'T I didn't expect something back...But for some people, they had to chose between that, or many other $50 options. And they made their choice in good faith that they where buying certain capability to play this game. They are not getting any if that, and their money was taken. They couldn't also believe they would sell a char to then just nerf it so much. And it was a well intended change, but affected people that paid for it as it was, not as it is now.

1) I see no problem if they ask a refund. If you believe in good faith, why not let them return it? I bought it and don't care if they give away all the good heroines in the pack they just buffed.

2) If technical problems prevent it, then proper compensation is required to make things fair. Regardless of any legal recourse (nonsense), proper compensation will be assessed different for each buyer. So this offering will be problematic. Even giving away $50 of Crystals may not be what thise that bought it want.

So to please most, compensation should be generous.

Then if it is generous, those that didn't buy the pack will complain. Some people are so competitive that think of the ToS as a tool to argue giving benefit to others isn't deserved. That is really a position that saddens me, and rigth when I think rethinking priorites and weigths must come in. Come on.
  • Camalus
    217 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    On top of that... you guys don't even know ok, that's why I'm sitting here like child please, lol, They used to send out email flyers for new cars in need for speed world advertising how great they were, bla bla bla, they always were lying through their teeth, and yes the paying customers had to find that out first. Time after time, not an isolated occurrence. They even re-released the Ford GT due to huge demand for a buff of the original and that car was a total boat, you weren't winning races in that even on the drag strip. I bought into all of it everytime, I have since learned my lessons, I'm just trying to share a little wisdom that is all.

secondly...

Thanks for posting this. Ok, lets sit right here on this thread. I actually went and read though till about page 20, then skipped to the end and read the last few pages. You had 3 posts on the final page - unless that was a different Camalus. What I see in that thread is a lot of unhappy customers. Now, you're holding that up here and saying...hey look, this other company didn't care about their customers...I can only assume you're doing that to say that's what CG/ EA should do here or would be justified in doing anyway. If that's not it, why post that here and what's the point of bringing up another company's poor business practices? I'm sure this didn't help them maintain and build their customer base - at least not among these customers having such severe problems. Obviously you thought the response was improper and inadequate and wanting something more or you all wouldn't have been posting...but you guys didn't get it unfortunately. After that long and also many people actually buying new hardware, etc. don't you think it would have been prudent that they at least give something as a compensation? Not even justifying that with a response is unacceptable and everyone should have filed a complaint with the BBB and never played that developer again. I saw some guys threatening to file a class action lawsuit.

Good companies realize how much competition is out there and take measures to maintain customer relations when things have broken down. No matter if the breakdown was accidental or even if the customer understood it was possible, if the end result is a poor customer experience than it's the company's decision to try to keep that customer from going elsewhere by making amends. Having been someone that was actually a victim of a company in the past, why are you not more supportive of CG / EA actually trying to be a good steward of the game and their customers?

This is the same company bro, in fact its the same company's FLAGSHIP franchise. I don't know how you think they are different, I have been through the ringer with EA, not to mention the countless cars they advertised in need for speed that I paid 20 dollars for and were garbage, again same company, non race winning cars, you guys are new to this freaking out over a single nerf. I bought a cigar in battlefiled heroes they remove it from the game do I get a refund no, tons of things happen like this in F2p.

I'm trying to say they are being gracious here and you should be lucky because it hasn't always been so, and lucky because you aren't entitled to a refund to begin with if you read the fine print.

• Nicks075
    210 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I'm predicting a chromium mega pack card, or equal amount of crystals.
    Anything less than that I'm predicting another outlash.
    Look, good against pvp is one thing, good against the living, that’s something else.
This discussion has been closed.